“Best Sleep Value in Mountain View”
Review of County Inn

County Inn
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a motel, but the best $99 bed to be had in the area. I had a second floor room and was not disrupted by highway traffic. The bed was comfortable and the room had everything one needed: a desk, wireless, fridge and large flat screen TV. My visit was in mid-fall, cool but not cold so there was no need to run a/c or heat, but the unit seemed more than adequate. The room was kept clean during my stay and housekeeping personnel were very pleasant. The breakfast room is fine and serves good Dowe-Egberts coffee, as well as fresh orange juice. The only "junk food" are the do it yourself waffles, other wise there are hb eggs, english muffins and toast. Cheaper and homier than other bigger chains like Ramada or Quality Inn. Small gym but in good working order. Great location at Moffet Blvd and 101. I had no infrastructure problems in my room plumbing, carpet, furniture, internet, coffee machine, all were in working order. Minor drawback - no safe in the room. Desk staff - nice enough, older folks and student. I checked out at 4:30 am to catch an early flight out of SFO without a hitch. I intend to return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DetailsAreEverything
There are newer reviews for County Inn

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was inexpensive and the closest I could find to Shoreline Amphitheater. It had the amenities that I like: in room coffee, microwave and fridge. I had problems with the faucet handles in both the tub and the sink. It's an okay place to stay. I think I'll probably try a different hotel next time I'm in Mountain View if I can find one with a comparable price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kikinw
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had two adjoining rooms for five nights and one room was not good; the other was worse. Both rooms needed maintenance. They were clean but hot water was a problem most times. We sometime had to wait for more than 10 minutes to get any hot water. Toilet flushes made it go from hot to freezing in seconds.

The breakfast was not bad as long as you got there when they delivered the boiled eggs. The eggs disappeared very quickly each time. The automatic lights did not work properly in one room and they came on if they detected any movement (at night - not good).

The blackout curtains did not close in either room, so we had to play tricks to fix that.

The price was okay, but I'd prefer to pay a bit more and stay in a better maintained hotel.

Room Tip: Consider another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Longmont_Mitch
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I booked this place for a couple of nights despite the bad reviews - primarily because the only alternative was a park bench. It actually turned out to be OK.

I arrived at night, and the person at the check-in was friendly enough. I asked for a room away from the highway and he said that's what I had (note - no room is actually away from the highway, some are near and some are very near....)

The room itself was ok. The room and bathroom were clean. The bed linen were clean. No funny smells. The floors have been renovated by replacing the carpet with a wood-like product that creaked mightily when I walked around (and the guy above woke me up at 5.30 AM one day with his creaking)

The furniture in the room is fine. There's a large dresser, two bedside tables and a small armchair in decent shape. Lighting is a bit dim. The windows open into the pool so if you open the curtains there is zero privacy (on the 1st floor anyway - where my room was).

The AC was noisy but otherwise worked well.

The shower had insufficient water pressure, but most hotels in Silicon Valley seem to have this problem. At least the hot water was hot and did not run out. There is a deep tub with jets.

I had breakfast one morning. Again the recurring theme was ok - the food consisted of fairly generic bread products, cereal, etc. Boiled eggs were provided, and the coffee was decent.

Positives - Relatively affordable compared to most other places in Silicon Valley. Clean and comfortable.

Negatives - Creaky floors, highway noise.

Couple of suggestions to the management:

Run some drano thru the plumbing, the drainage is poor.
Please put a hook next to the shower, the towel rack is quite a reach from the shower and may cause a guest to overbalance/slip while reaching for a towel

Room Tip: Ask for a upper floor room on the section of the motel parallel to the road.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The County Inn is a great place to stay in Mountain View CA. Sergio at the desk will stop at nothing to help with all your needs, very nice! The pool was awesome and clean with pleasant surroundings and lots of flowers. The continental breakfast was very good, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marianna B
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed there for 20 nights, it was my second trip to Mountain View for business and my second time staying at County Inn. I went back to County Inn, because, it is a good, clean and affordable place having friendly and professional staff. While there, I enjoyed the hot continental breakfast and was easily able to extend my stay at the same rate and had no problem to cut it short one day at the end. I would like to express special thanks to David, Sergio, and other front Desk folks as well as the Housekeeping for taking care of my room at different hours of the day to work with my changing working schedule.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A business trip to Palo Alto came up at the last minute, so making flight and hotel reservations was a scramble. Hotel room rates in this area extend way up the spectrum ... paying $200 more per night than I paid at the County Inn would have been easy to do. I decided to stay here and spent two nights. Room was comfortable, location was great, and neighborhood felt safe. There's a Mexican grocery/convenience store a short walk away that serves hot food to go, which helped me in a pinch. Breakfast at the hotel was included (bagels, toast, coffee) and appreciated. Don't expect luxury, but anticipate a good value.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business