“Comfortable bed, large room, nice staff”
Review of County Inn

County Inn
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This basic motel doesn't look special from the outside but the King room was very spacious and included a separate dining area. The bed was comfortable. The staff was very nice and let us stay in our king room rather than asking us to move to the queen room even though we only booked it for 1 of our 3 nights. It took us awhile to figure out how to turn on live tv (blue button on remote) - they seem to want you to pay $5 a day for on demand TV. Breakfast was good - the hard boiled eggs were a nice addition to all of the typical high carb options (cereal, bread, muffins, waffles).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ckshah, Manager at County Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We greatly apreciate your kind words. The proprietary TV system is unique to our hotels. The uniquely designed remote allows you to select any one of 80 plus channel for free. This includes HBO, ESPN, STARZ and federal goverment broadcast High Definition channels with 1080 pixel 40 inch flat screen TV enhances your viewing. Five dollar charge is for the pay per view movies which are current movies being played around the movie theaters. We are embarking on new hard floor treatment in every room, window drapes , new pillow top matresses and much more. Please visit us soon and guide us how and when we should add amenities.

There are newer reviews for County Inn

Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed there for a concert at Shoreline,perfect choice for that,really close.The room was very clean and had everything we needed.All the management/staff were very nice.They have a pool and also serve breakfast.It was also reasonably priced for the bay area.We would for sure stay here again :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This location really works for me, it's a short driving distance from downtown Mountain View and right by the bike trail leading to Shoreline park. The people are friendly, rooms clean and spacious. The price is in a bit lower than other places in Mountain View. They fill up fast, reservations are recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2012

First time they couldn't find my reservation, no room. Second time they charged my credit card twice and it took months to get money refunded (the room was ok). Third time bait and switch, as the owners have another dumpy motel a few miles away and tried to have us stay there (there was no way we were staying there), I never did get my first nights $ refunded. Plus this same tactic happened with others I know. The owners and workers were awful in the way they treated us. You may ask why try three times. They are close to where I needd to be, and I hoped the first two times were just mistakes, but NO, Just don't do it!!!! I would sleep in my car before entering their doors again...

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lynda S
ckshah, Manager at County Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Th.ank you for your input. We have had our share of interface problems with OTA/GDS interface problem with the property management system. We are working on it very diligently with all the vendors involved. The property gets overbooked even though the channels are closed. We have hired reputable revenue management firm to help. Please book directly with the hotel and you will not have this problem until we solve interface issues.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Do NOT stay here at this Motel. The Front Desk Personnel (all men) treated me like a second class citizen. I guess that in the country that these men are from that is the norm. My first room had a musty/moldy smell to it, so the folllowing morning I asked to switch rooms. My TV was broken in that it was not able to access any Premium TV stations or any Premium Movies, (it was never fixed). There were NO bedspreads on either bed in my second room, and when I asked for bedspreads, the hotel front desk personnel (again, a man) yelled at me in front of a guest standing in line at the front desk. There was used furniture haphazardly placed (I guess in storage) outside of my motel room piled on top of each other for days, it looked trashy. The walls/floorboards were so thin that I could hear and feel the footsteps of the guests on the 2nd floor above me who kept me up several nights during my stay. If it wasn't for the fact that the reservation was prepaid upfront, I would have checked out immediately and asked for a refund. Spend a few extra dollars and stay elsewhere, you will be happy that you did!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank petsitter711

I regret the fact that you were not treated the way you expected. I have discussed your input with the staff. We have added a female employee on the staff, Since this area is a melting pot of different natiotionalities the customs and culture are different. However basic values are the same.
I promise you that we will try very hard tofollow your suggetions.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The pictures of the hotel make it look very cute, although pictures can be deceiving. The area surrounding the hotel was very disturbing, probably not in the nicest area.
When arriving on 8/12 the front desk reception was very rude. We entered the room the smell was moldy, the carpet was sticky and the toilet was not clean. I called the front desk to see if they had another room and they said they were fully booked, I then asked if housekeeping could clean the bathroom and he said housekeeping were gone for the day. So needless to say I couldn’t stay in filth. They would not refund the night stay since it already passed the 24 hour cancellation policy. Go figure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your input. The area has suffered from prolonged economic slump. Couple of busiinesses have closed near the hotel. However the Gas station is reopening. Houses around the hotel are single family home and there are some apartment buildings. we are right across from NASA Ames research center and Google has occupied several buildings. I apologize that your room was not cleaned. The front desk made an error renting a room that was supposedly vacant dirty. Please let me know and I will refund your money immediately. Once again We are very sorry for this.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stay here when we come to visit our children in the area. It is very reasonable in comparison to all others in the area. It is easy to get to because it is just off Hwy 101. We often see people from Europe staying there. Our room has always been clean when we have stayed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ckshah, General Manager at County Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for your kind compliments. We look forward to your return visit.