“Good for a solo business trip”

Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Los Angeles, CA
“Good for a solo business trip”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

All the guest rooms have a small but full kitchen, a fireplace (wood burning!), a sleeper sofa and a queen size bed. Breakfast is provided 7 days a week and dinner is provided Sun - Wed. A good central location to the Silicon Valley. I wouldn't recommend it for more than two people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BestTaxLady
MtnView_ResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Good day Mam,

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel on your recent trip. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our rooms and amenities were up to your standards and liking. I hope that future travels brings you back to our Hotel and if there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.

Francisco Cruz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I just returned from a four night stay at the Residence Inn in Mountain View. I booked a studio apartment on the first floor. The room was clean and spacious and included a separate sitting area, bed, bath and full kitchen, The bed was comfortable, the bathroom included a combination bathtub and shower with a separate vanity area, the sitting room had a sleep sofa, coffee table, desk, chair and flat screen TV. The furnishings were attractive and the grounds were well maintained. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast which was delicious includings eggs, waffles cereal etc. The staff were helpful and friendly and the complex included a swimming pool and jacuzzi. The hotel is located only a fifteen minute drive to Standford University. I will definately retun to the Residence Inn the next time I visit Standford. My only complaint was that the shower pressure was a bit weak for my taste and they did not offer pay per view

Room Tip: The two story suites on the second floor include a wood burning fireplace.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shuuz
Good day Mam,

First of all I wanted to thank you for choosing us as your “Home away from Home”. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us and that all of our amenities were up to par. I would also like to thank you for the positive feedback and what we need to work on and improve I will get with my Maintenance staff to check the water pressure in the rooms. In regards to the Pay per view channels that is something that we are looking into to have available for our Guest. Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon. If there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I come here every other week or so and the staff is just great. Mo at the front desk goes above and beyond to make you comfortable. Is a little pricey compared to the other Residence Inn close by, but great location and staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daron27
MtnView_ResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Good day Mr. Daron,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time and writing a comment about our Hotel. We strive to give our Guest great customer service and an enjoyable stay and I am glad to hear this took Place on your recent stay with us. I also wanted to thank you for choosing our Hotel as your home away from and we hope to see you on your next trip. I will let Moe know about your comments as I am sure he will be excited to hear that what he does here really does make a difference. If there is anything I can help with please feel free to contact me.

New Hampshire
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Rooms appear to be renovated recently. Bed is extremely comfortable. We were very happy with the breakfast selections. It is what you would expect from a Residence Inn experience--both hot and cold items are served. There are waffles, eggs, yogurt, fruit, bacon/sausage. Staff goes out of their way to be sure that you are happy--awesome customer service. One of the most clean hotels. We were in the penthouse suite and the cleaning lady had folded numerous towels into animals (swans, etc.). Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank H5familytravels
MtnView_ResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Good day New Hampshire Family,

First of all I wanted to thank you for choosing our Hotel as Your Home Away From Home. I am glad to hear that you and your Family enjoyed your stay here we us, we thrive to give our guest a great experience and enjoyable stay. Hope to see you guys on your next Trip and if there is anything else I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.
Israel
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I always come to this place when I need to visit mountain view.

Pros:
- spacious room
- comfy bad
- good service

Cons:
- breakfast is somewhat boring.
- wifi experience varies. Sometime in room reception not good enough for Skype.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MtnView_ResidenceInn, General Manager at Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Good day Mr.Idof
First of I wanted to thank you for being a frequent traveler and for always choosing our property as your home away from home when business brings you to the Mountain View area. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time and providing us with feedback in regards to our Hotel and Services this is the only way we can make sure on what is working for our Guest and what we need to improve on. For instance one of your comments is that our Breakfast is somewhat boring, if you would be so kind and elaborate on that a little more is it the food that we offer, the way is cooked, what is something that you would like to see served to make sure that is not boring or the same. In regards to the Wifi this is something that we are working on to improve and we have already made some changes that so far our Guest are happy with. I hope to hear from you soon.
zurich
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The rooms are big, with a full kitchen and couch. Kept very clean and tidy, friendly staff, all works well. Wireless internet is a bit slow, but still usable to watch a movie at low resolution. Wired internet is also available and a bit better. A bit of street noise, depending on what room you have, since it's on the El Camino Real. Didn't bother me though. The fridge also makes some noise, but that's easy to get used to. The airco is big and works well, but is too noisy to sleep by. I didn't use the breakfast but it looked good. The cleaning leady clearly has done a towel folding course, swans all over the place :-). All this comes at a price which is a bit higher than the motel style places on the same street.

Room Tip: Away from the street has obviously less street noise. Pick ground level if you don't want to wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank trip4trip
Good day,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of how your stay and overall experience was at our Hotel. I will make sure and let my staff know what a great job they did and also glad that you enjoyed the Swan made out of towels. Every week we pick a different animal for our housekeepers to do currently is a puppy. I am sorry to hear that you did not get a chance to enjoy our breakfast, hopefully on your next visit you are able to get a good breakfast before starting your day. I would also like to inform you that we have made some changes to our internet and continue to work with our provider to make sure Guest are able to log on and surf the internet without any inconveniences. We hope to see you on your next trip to our area.

Fort Bragg, California
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were here for a concert at Shoreline Arena. Upgraded to the Penthouse, one bedroom with a second bedroom and bath in the loft. A full kitchen. Pool is small, we did not use as the weather was not warm enough. Nice grounds, quiet area.

Room Tip: Use your Marriott Rewards, this is why I was upgraded.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Good day Ms. Nancy,
Hope you are having a great day and I am glad you choose our Hotel on your last Trip. If is not too much to ask what concert were you here for. I am glad to hear that my Staff was able to accommodate you and upgraded you to a bigger room that gave you a chance to spread out and be more comfortable. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area or for any upcoming concerts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
Residence Inn Palo Alto Los Altos
Hotel Strata
Hotel Strata
#1 of 18 in Mountain View

Been to Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View? Share your experiences!