“Perfect Place to Stay--Spacious Rooms”

Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
New Hampshire
“Perfect Place to Stay--Spacious Rooms”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Rooms appear to be renovated recently. Bed is extremely comfortable. We were very happy with the breakfast selections. It is what you would expect from a Residence Inn experience--both hot and cold items are served. There are waffles, eggs, yogurt, fruit, bacon/sausage. Staff goes out of their way to be sure that you are happy--awesome customer service. One of the most clean hotels. We were in the penthouse suite and the cleaning lady had folded numerous towels into animals (swans, etc.). Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank H5familytravels
MtnView_ResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Good day New Hampshire Family,

First of all I wanted to thank you for choosing our Hotel as Your Home Away From Home. I am glad to hear that you and your Family enjoyed your stay here we us, we thrive to give our guest a great experience and enjoyable stay. Hope to see you guys on your next Trip and if there is anything else I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.
Francisco Cruz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Israel
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I always come to this place when I need to visit mountain view.

Pros:
- spacious room
- comfy bad
- good service

Cons:
- breakfast is somewhat boring.
- wifi experience varies. Sometime in room reception not good enough for Skype.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MtnView_ResidenceInn, General Manager at Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Good day Mr.Idof
First of I wanted to thank you for being a frequent traveler and for always choosing our property as your home away from home when business brings you to the Mountain View area. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time and providing us with feedback in regards to our Hotel and Services this is the only way we can make sure on what is working for our Guest and what we need to improve on. For instance one of your comments is that our Breakfast is somewhat boring, if you would be so kind and elaborate on that a little more is it the food that we offer, the way is cooked, what is something that you would like to see served to make sure that is not boring or the same. In regards to the Wifi this is something that we are working on to improve and we have already made some changes that so far our Guest are happy with. I hope to hear from you soon.
zurich
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The rooms are big, with a full kitchen and couch. Kept very clean and tidy, friendly staff, all works well. Wireless internet is a bit slow, but still usable to watch a movie at low resolution. Wired internet is also available and a bit better. A bit of street noise, depending on what room you have, since it's on the El Camino Real. Didn't bother me though. The fridge also makes some noise, but that's easy to get used to. The airco is big and works well, but is too noisy to sleep by. I didn't use the breakfast but it looked good. The cleaning leady clearly has done a towel folding course, swans all over the place :-). All this comes at a price which is a bit higher than the motel style places on the same street.

Room Tip: Away from the street has obviously less street noise. Pick ground level if you don't want to wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank trip4trip
Good day,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of how your stay and overall experience was at our Hotel. I will make sure and let my staff know what a great job they did and also glad that you enjoyed the Swan made out of towels. Every week we pick a different animal for our housekeepers to do currently is a puppy. I am sorry to hear that you did not get a chance to enjoy our breakfast, hopefully on your next visit you are able to get a good breakfast before starting your day. I would also like to inform you that we have made some changes to our internet and continue to work with our provider to make sure Guest are able to log on and surf the internet without any inconveniences. We hope to see you on your next trip to our area.

Fort Bragg, California
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were here for a concert at Shoreline Arena. Upgraded to the Penthouse, one bedroom with a second bedroom and bath in the loft. A full kitchen. Pool is small, we did not use as the weather was not warm enough. Nice grounds, quiet area.

Room Tip: Use your Marriott Rewards, this is why I was upgraded.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Good day Ms. Nancy,
Hope you are having a great day and I am glad you choose our Hotel on your last Trip. If is not too much to ask what concert were you here for. I am glad to hear that my Staff was able to accommodate you and upgraded you to a bigger room that gave you a chance to spread out and be more comfortable. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area or for any upcoming concerts
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Not recommended. Each separate unit building has a lower and upper unit so you either get to hear noise above your head or lug all your luggage and belongings up a flight of outdoor stairs to your room and down again. Also the bed is small -- a full size and there is no separation of sleeping and living areas so if you want to sleep and someone else wants to watch TV, you're all on top of each other. Plus with no walls, you get to have the kitchen and bathroom lights blaring in your eyes at night and in the morning. Plus it's on a very busy road with very tight parking in their lot and you have to play musical cars and wait on a line of cars to try and get out of the parking lot any time you want to leave Outdoor pool is an oversized bathtub. I hated this place. AVOID

• Stayed August 2012
Good day Mr. Lanky
First of I wanted to thank you for taking the time and providing us feedback in regards to how your stay was during your last visit to our Property. I want to apologize for the huge inconvenience you encountered during your visit to my Property; we strive to give our Guest the most positive and reassuring environment. I know this was not the case when you visited our Hotel after reading all the problems you had to deal with. I know first impressions are everything and the first impression you received from us was a horrible one. Nothing I can say or do can change the past or your dissatisfaction with our hotel. If you would be so kind to contact me via email (mountainviewgm@ih-corp.com)or by phone (650-940-1300 ext. 400). So that we can discuss this further and hopefully find a way that I can rectify this issue. Once again Mr. Lanky it is not desirable for us to fail our valued customers, but in this case we did and I am truly sorry for that. Should your travels bring you back to the Mountain View Area I would like to personally make your next reservation. I will guarantee you a perfect stay at our property should you give us a second chance. If there is anything else I can assist you with please feel free to contact me

Travelers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I spent more than two weeks at the Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View (I was there on a business trip). I liked Residence Inn for its amenities, especially the breakfast. The staff was terrific during my entire stay. I was staying in a studio with a full kitchen, bed and pillows were very comfortable. There's an outside pool, beautiful little gardens between the buildings, good location.
It was a very comfortable place to stay - warm and welcoming.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Srebrina M
Princeton Junction
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and chose this location to be close to our friends who were traveling abroad. It was nicely located, relatively close to highway 101 and easy access to virtually all shopping needs (for necessities). It was located right on El Camino Real but our unit (in building #4) was far enough away and facing away from the traffic so it was very quiet. The inn sign is a bit small so if you don't pay attention, it is easily missed without a GPS.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit on the ground floor and it was pretty clean and comfortable. There was someone else staying upstairs with a little dog but we did not hear much from them. It had a nice kitchen with a big refrigerator but we did not utilize it much. The unit had a queen bed and a pull out sofa bed so it was sufficient for 3 people.

The pool was a bit small but clean and the fitness center was a bit small as well. The best feature was their (free) breakfast. The breakfast room was small but it had a lot to choose from, including hot food like scrambled eggs and sausages and it had a waffle machine. The quality of the food was very good. They also had some early evening snacks and drinks which we did not get to try because we were coming back late at nights.

Overall it was a great stay. I can't say much about their service only because we did not require much attention during our stay. The only thing negative that I would say about this place is the price. It seemed a bit on the high side. We stayed at another place in Belmont that was a comparable suite hotel a couple of years ago and it was a better value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View
#3 of 18 in Mountain View
Hotel Vue
#6 of 18 in Mountain View

Been to Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View? Share your experiences!