“Ok place,when travel goes according to plan. If not....look out.”
Review of Hotel Aria

Hotel Aria
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Ok place,when travel goes according to plan. If not....look out.”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here while on business so its the client's preferred hotel. Its a remodelled older hotel/motel.

Advantages:
+ Very nice breakfast.
+ Good shower and good bed
+ Good housekeeping

Disadvantages:
- Noisy rooms / thin walls
- Very strict cancel policy
- Mgmt lacks customer focus

I notified them same day late afternoon pst my flight from Dallas was cancelled due to weather and would be one day late. They told me no problem at the time. When I checked out, I noted a charge for the night I cancelled. They said they had to charge me because they were booked the night I cancelled? Then proceeded to tell me they notified me I would be charged for that night when I called to cancel. Of course they did not but seemed very well prepared for the whole story. Why would I have proceeded to stay there if that were true? I ended up paying for 2 hotels for one night for circumstances beyond my control. I don't know, is that the typical policy everywhere? I doubt Marriott would do that but who knows. If I'm wrong, take what I have to say with grain of salt.

Its too bad when everyone else is trying to do a great job and mgmt places reputation at risk with short sighted decisions to add to the coffers at the customers expense. Check out other options locally.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank blogue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Beijing, China
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Pretty disappointed give the price paid >$200. Room clean but very noisy. You can hear neighbors talking, showering, etc..

Breakfast typical American style motel breakfast, nothing special but scrambled eggs were horrible (this prefabricated crap).

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank DvdinChina
Aria2700, Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hi

Thank you for staying with us and we wish you to come back and stay with us again . Also , the free hot buffet breakfast which we offer differs from day to day and is something not many hotels offer !

Travelers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

Utah
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The hotel is as clean as can be expected given how old it is. The wallpaper is yellowed and peeling, the walls are spotted with ages-old stains, and my couch even had a semen stain from who-knows-which decade. The carpet is so faded that I couldn't tell whether it's clean.

Nothing was really great. The staff seemed friendly enough, but the breakfast was sub-par. The eggs tasted a little off, the fruit was clearly dumped out of a can, the hash-brown bar was dry and crumbly, etc. I left hungry and ate elsewhere. The heater rattles, and the old-school CRT television was fuzzy on most stations.

All that said, the place isn't actually filthy. If you don't expect much, you won't be too disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank amcnabb
Hi

Please accept our apologies for not having a totally satisfactory stay . As we are moving forward few things that have been mentioned would be taken care of and we do wish you try us out again in the future .

Happy Holidays!
Sonoma, CA
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Mid-week December: Got a low rate at Hotel Aria and for the single night I was there, it was completely satisfactory. I received excellent front-desk service, was granted a 1-hour late check-out (the hotel was not very busy), and best of all the room was very clean and the bed was comfortable.

This is a motel-style inn and the amenities such as bath towels, shampoo, etc. reflect that. Due to a wretchedly early meeting, I wasn't able to partake of the breakfast, though the description sounded quite hearty. The neighborhood is safe with many dining options nearby.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing El Camino Real.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hi

We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back again !

We certainly intend to look forward to make some improvements to enrich our guests experience as we move forward .

Happy Holidays !

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 29, 2013

When the three-start hotels in the Valley are full, this is a good hotel to reserve before resorting to something sub-par. It's a bit pricey for what you get, but it's a good night's sleep. The bedding is comfortable. The breakfast is decent. The rooms are a bit dark and bland, but they're otherwise comfortable. My single room had a bad GFCI, and there wasn't anybody on staff to fix it. Better, I was upgraded to a suite with everything working. I wouldn't start with Aria, but it'll keep it on my list as a fall-back.

Room Tip: The suites are huge.
Hi

We are glad that you had an opportunity to stay with us and we do earnestly hope that your future visits to this area would make you stay with us again .

Happy Holidays !
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Very clean, nice bed and linens, with a friendly staff. I was at a conference and I had trouble finding one hotel I could stay at for consecutive nights. Therefore I bounced around and saw several other hotels that were around the same price range in this area. This hotel is much nicer, cleaner, and more professional than any of the 3 other hotels I stayed at. I really enjoyed my stay here.

1 Thank Theonesandonlys
Aria2700, Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Hi

We are happy that you found us and had a comfortable stay . We now look forward to have you back and enjoy the same hospitality !

Thank you and wish you a great year ahead !

Best
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My room was quite tired - the whole place felt like it was an up-market motel rather than a hotel. That said, the bed was excellent and it's nice and quiet. Breakfast was reasonable, although plastic cutlery and plates made it feel very downmarket - and not what I'd expect for $300 a night.

1 Thank Shorty0168
Aria2700, Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hi

Thank you for the feedback and good to know that you had a pleasant stay and sound sleep on our comfy beds! We would certainly look into the alternatives for the cutlery as suggested .

Best regards
Hotel Zico
Hotel Zico
#5 of 18 in Mountain View
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Been to Hotel Aria? Share your experiences!