“The worst hotel ever!”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
St. George, Utah
“The worst hotel ever!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have no idea why they gave a 3 star hotel.
The deserve a 1 star ONLY
I got my deal in Hotwire, I was so excited about the location.
I checked in to the hotel evening time The front desk person was very nice and I was placed In a room for disable person!!!! not sure why
The bathroom in my room smelled horrible urine smell and so stinky I left the hotel 2:00am in the morning I could not tolerate being at hotel.
The carpet is disgusting as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank nina m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was very disappointed in the Hotel Aria in Mountain View, Ca. The Internet and WI-Fi was extremely unreliable; either could not connect or constantly dropped. This hotel is in desperate need of upgrades. The furniture and tv are old and outdated. The carpet is filthy. I needed to wear my shoes as clean socks became dirty after crossing the room a couple times. The bathrooms were clean, the room needed dusting. No hotel information directory book detailing checkout times, room service (I don't think they offer room service), suggestions for local entertainment/restaurants, pool operation times (which is too cold to use) etc. The tub drain plug did not seal properly so the water would leak out, no long relaxing soak possible. Only 2 towels were offered in the room, needed to ask for additional towels. The elevator worked but sounded as if it could stop at any time, we generally avoided it and took the stairs.
The complimentary breakfast was average; the standard eggs, sausage, cold cereal, iinstant oatmeal, bread, bagels and muffins. Only fruit offered was bananas except one day they served canned fruit cocktail. There was one restaurant next door which served Indian food.
Building was not very secure as the back door next to the laundry room was often left open so anyone could help themselves in.
We certainly did not feel this hotel was worth the $117.00 we paid for two nights (Sat & Sun) and then increased to $130.00 for the next 3 nights plus 10 percent tax and room tax.
Won't be returning here when we come to the area in the fall.

Room Tip: Use caution with photos posted online. They might be old and not show detail such as filthy carpets.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DenS100
Aria2700, General Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hi

Thank you for the feedback and we seek your apology for the fact that you could not enjoy your stay with us like many of our other guests do .
It is always our endeavor to create a pleasant and enjoyable experience for each guest of ours .However , we do realize that we do fall short of our guests expectations at times .We would certainly take into consideration your feedback and improve on the shortcomings .

Thank you once again for giving us an opportunity to better ourselves and we hope you would certainly give us a try once again !

Best

Travelers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Basic hotel which has been maintained well and is very clean. Rooms are small and have old furniture, old tv and lack a room safe but are otherwise comfortable for a nghts stay. It is very clean and well kept - it was previously a Holiday Inn Express. Try for a room away fro El Camino as noise may be bothersome (despite double glazing). Free breakfast is included - basic and ok.
We paid 130$ for one night - which is ok for the area but expensive when you recall that this is an old and tired place. Still, i would recommend it for a single nights stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the front/road.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Aria2700, General Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hi

Thank you for choosing The Hotel Aria , and we are glad that you had a pleasant stay .

Yes , we certainly make an effort to accommodate our guests requests and that includes room requests away from the main road , but certainly there are times where we would not be able to and we just hope that our esteemed guests understand those situations .

Thank you and look forward to have you back for a much longer stay !
Mountain View, California
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Hotel Aria has been recently renovated and under relatively new management. The staff is very friendly and extremely professional and has a great complimentary breakfast. I’ve been staying here weekly for the past year and it has become my home away from home. I’ve tried several other hotels in the South Bay area before finding and settling into the Aria. I can really tell that the management is dedicated to creating a culture of excellence and professionalism.

Many thanks to all the staff and especially Zeeshan and Alex for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hi

Thank you ! We are honored and we will keep doing the best we can always .

Best
Irvine, CA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night. Since I was coming up from So Cal, I booked King Jacuzzi room online to alleviate the body from the long drive. The decor, furniture and TV are kind of outdated but didn't bother me for the price and I was just there to sleep overnight. I was amazed with the size of the jacuzzi. I only expected the bed to be king sized but the jacuzzi was also king sized! I could easily fit four of me in the tub. It took a long time to fill up the tub and felt guilty for wasting water but I did enjoy it. Free Wi-Fi and complementary breakfast is always nice. Using AAA rate it was $107 total but they charged me $177 on my credit card. I wish the attentive and friendly staff had told me about the $70 incidental that they were going to charge but will be refunded.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Aria2700, General Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hi

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience about your recent stay with us ! We immensely appreciate your gesture which propels us to keep striving so that other guests would experience the same warm n friendly hospitality .

And as stated , it is the policy of the hotel like any other ,that additional amount is authorized for incidentals and hope it was not a matter of inconvenience to you .

Thank you and look forward to your next longer visit !
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff is friendly, the room is clean, the location is good, and the price is better than most hotels in the area. It was not a problem for me, but guests should be aware that the two-story hotel does not have an elevator. There is free wi-fi in the room. I would stay again. Breakfast was included--cereals, scrambled eggs, some sad-looking sausage, bagels, other breads. Not gourmet--would prefer more fresh fruit (they only had too-green bananas and syrupy fruit cocktail from a can).

Room Tip: If traffic noises bother you, ask for a room facing in to the courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Aria2700, General Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hi

We understand that while having wide choices to meet your lodging needs, you choose us and we thank you immensely for it . We are glad that you had a comfortable stay and certainly we depend upon the feedbacks to gain further insight of how we could improve upon.

Being a property of 98 rooms comprising of 3 buildings , it is a fact that 1 building is not connected to the elevator , but we are always here to accommodate and assist you as situation permits to your preference !

We thank you once again and look forward to serve you again.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Location: Convenient location near major streets in Mountain View.

Staff: Great- kind and attentive.

Facilities: Public spaces, breakfast area were fine. There was no elevator to the second floor, but desk staff helped with luggage. The bedroom was adequate. The bathroom was lacking; the toilet was actually difficult to flush, and loud. The bathroom light was terrible, with a single switch controlling both the light and a noisy fan. They claimed to have free wifi, but the actual signal was so weak that it didn't work, and therefore there was no functioning wifi. Breakfast was fine, comparable to similar hotel-breakfast offerings at extended stay places.

Overall, it was a really mixed experience. The poor quality of the bathroom and the lack of wifi were very off-putting. We paid $170 which may be normal for Mountain View. If the price were less it might have have made the problems more bearable, but especially for that price I expect a decent bathroom and functioning wifi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hi

At the outset , we at the Hotel Aria thank you for staying with us and also taking the time to provide us a review .

It gladdens us that you had a decent stay and certainly we would take steps to improve the efficiency of other facilities that you felt were inadequate . Being a hotel of 98 rooms , we have 3 buildings of which only 1 building is not connected to a elevator and as you rightly appreciated we are here to assist you always .

Thank you once again and we earnestly look forward to have an opportunity to serve you again !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
Hotel Zico
Hotel Zico
#4 of 18 in Mountain View
Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel

Been to Hotel Aria? Share your experiences!