“Nice place but a bit older”
Review of Mountain View Inn

Mountain View Inn
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip and it was a nice place with clean rooms. The price was a little high but that is the area you are staying, breakfast was included with the price. This was more of a motor court of hotel with limited parking by your room. The place is a bit older so no major amenities here just a place to stay for business. I would not recommend for a vacation spot.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim B
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Tim B,

Thank you for submitting a review for our property. I will let housekeeping know of your comments and how the rooms were very clean. Our staff appreciate the kind remarks. We do have 2 parking lots on site with plenty of space for all. We are constantly updating the property and look forward to your next review upon your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

no frills motel. good value for the price. did not feel gouged. two stories. luckily we stayed on the first floor and didn't have to lug our bags upstairs. there's no elevator! clean rooms, beds were comfy, enough outlets to charge your devices. TV was first rate LG. Free internet (to charge for internet in silicon valley would be a travesty for any hotel). free refrigerator and microwave were helpful. basic free breakfast w/ chemo type scrambled eggs and pale sausages. stick w/ the fruit, yogurt and cereal. parking spaces at a premium at it's PACKED by midevening

Room Tip: if you have heavy luggage, ask for room at ground level
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear peterm899272,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the compliments on our Free Wifi, first rate TV's, and comfortable beds. We are always updating the furnishings and electronics for our wonderful guests like yourself. We appreciate your business and we look forward to wowing you in your future stays with us.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank James F

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for business trip for 5 nights.

The rooms are very modest but clean. The bed was very comfortable and the large TV worked well.

On the down side there is a very strong smell (air freshener/cleaning products ??) in the rooms and the layout of the room is a bit strange. The bathroom is very small and the exhaust fan very noisy, with the basin residing in the main part of the room. The breakfast is powdered eggs (no texture and no taste) with disposable cups, cardboard plates and plastic knife & forks.

The above combinations put this motel at the cheaper end of town.

The rate information for making an international telephone call from the room is either misleading or non-existent. When querying the exorbitant telephone bill I asked the front desk to explain the rates but they couldn't do this and I'm waiting on an explanation via e-mail from the manager who couldn't be contacted on the weeked when I checked out.

I wouldn't recommend this motel mainly because of the poor breakfast and the price gouging for phone costs. I would only stay here if there was no other alternative.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear peterinholland,

We appreciate your comments regarding our hotels televisions and beds. Both were recently replaced. I apologize you did not like the disposable utensils. We are constantly upgrading our breakfast items. We do serve eggs at our breakfast (not powder type) with a lot of variety as well. The telephone charges are charged what we are charged, there is no inflation from our end. We are renovating our rooms and would love for you to see them again in the future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This motel is not the biggest and fanciest in the area. However it is very clean and accomodating for a visit to the Mountain View area. The biggest attribute is the staff. They are excellent. They made a very stressful visit to the area easy and accomodated me excellently. BTW I noticed that it was not only me that they accomodated but several guests were given special attention and accomodations that certainly helped the guest and made their stay most comfortable. Tiana, Mike and Beto will go beyond the regular service to ensure that your stay is as pleasant and productive as possible. BTW I have dealt with Beto and Tiana on previous visits and they only provide better service the more I visit them. First time dealing with Mike but he certainly upholds the service in the same manner as Beto and Tiana. Be sure to ask for the Stanford discount if you are receiving medical services from Stanford Medical Services as I was doing. I have stayed at both the Menlo Park BW and the Mountain View BW. The above staff works alternatlely between the two facilities so you cant go wrong by contacting them for your lodging needs when in the area. Both BW's are clean and comfortable with a good continental breakfast that certainly will keep you to or maybe beyond lunch. I highly recommend both places

Room Tip: I have not had a "bad" room or accomodation at either place. Mountain View does not have...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank James B
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear James B,

Our staff will enjoy all the kind words. We love knowing that we have delivered Superior Customer Care to our guests. I will ensure to relay this review to our entire staff. Thank you for taking your time to let us know about how your stay was.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stay here because I go to the Stanford Hospital. I find that the staff is very accomidating always ensuring I have a wonderful stay. They are always helpful in getting the information I need at all times. The breakfast is great. Staff is wonderful. I love staying here because it feels like a home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen B

Dear Karen B,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you feel we are a home away from home. e appreciate our guests taking time out of their busy schedule to say such kind words. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Just completed a stay at this property. Bottom line review is that this is a decent hotel, but really just average. I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid it in the future, but there's no reason for me to insist booking this property the next time I'm in town.

It's a motel, which is a little different than what I'm used to on business stays, and comes along with the usual motel issues. Parking is immediately outside of the room, and as the property fronts El Camino Real it can be quite noisy. Security didn't appear to be an issue at this location, but it's obviously less secure than a typical hotel. The walls/ceiling were very thin, and I could easily hear when my neighbours were up and about or talking. Cleanliness of the property and the room was not at all an issue although the wingback chair/ottoman were very old and shabby looking. The room had a very odd layout, with weird kind of kitchenette/bathroom combo area with a *small* toilet/shower room adjoining. The fan/light fixture in the toilet room sounded like a small prop plane whenever it was turned on. Big HD flat screen TV in the room, but no HD content available. There was a fridge and a microwave in the room as well.

The area around the hotel is safe, I walked around after dark with no problems at all. There is walmart, target, and whole foods in the area if you need provisions. There are numerous restaurants in the area. I didn't get the chance to try the included breakfast offerings, but I peeked in and the selection looked decent.

Room Tip: Try to get an upstairs room, then you won't have to hear your upstairs neighbour thumping around...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear vanbigslick,

Thank you for your comments about your stay. We do appreciate every guest that takes time out of their day to post a comment. We do apologize for not meeting all of your expectations. We are in the process of updating some of the room furnishings as well. We do hope that you will stay with us in the future so that we can make a different impression for you.