“Felt great! Thinking of going back!”
Review of Mountain View Inn

Mountain View Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Merced, California
“Felt great! Thinking of going back!”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Location was great, easy access to a downtown M.V. Felt really safe, especially they gave me a great room right upstair to the lobby. King size bed was comfortable and bed linen was of high quality and made my sleep better. Very clean too! Internet connection was fast and easy, so easy I surfed the net whole night without turning on the TV. The room has all the basic amenities, decor was fine too, you can tell the furnitures were all relatively new, recently replaced probably. The room size - especially the bathroom, was on the small side but efficient enough for a solo traveler.

Morning breakfast included hot egg and susage, I always give hotels providing hot breakfast more credit. They have classical music playing constantly in the lobby and coffee / tea provided there too - nice atmosphere.

Only downside was the morning reception lady was not very friendly. She was doing chores at the back and when I knocked on the door asked for her (there's no bell or anything that I can use to get her attention with), she seemed unhappy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
nonaga, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Thank you for your complimentary review of our services and property. We look forward to your return! We shared your comments with our staff and will ensure your reception will one that will welcome you with a smile and attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I came from Sofia, Bulgaria to attend the high school graduation of my grandson, and my mother (90 years old!) and my two sisters joined me at the Best Western Mountain View Inn in Mountain View, CA. All the employees were very helpful and considerate, but the desk manager, Mr. Abel Perez, was especially ready to help, bringing in a roll-away bed for my mother so she could share my room, making sure my sister who uses a walker had a handicapped room, and generally making our visit smooth and pleasant. The cleaning staff worked hard and made sure our rooms were always clean and fresh-smelling, but were always willing to wait if we wanted to sleep in (because the beds were sooooo comfortable) and not get up and out early. The refrigerator and microwave in each room were very convenient, the guests' laundry room had a large washer and dryer available, and the fitness room had a variety of equipment that made it possible for me to work out while having fun too. The computer room was very handy: paper always in the printer and the ability to connect to any needed website. The continental breakfast was more than that, with lots of choices available, and there was coffee and hot water with a choice of tea bags available 24 hours a day in the lobby. The hotel itself is nice-looking, with a good location available to restaurants, shopping center, and public transportation. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If you need a handicapped room, book early.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
nonaga, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. Our team appreciated reading your comments. We liked your comment about Abel, our team leader, showing how he went beyond his normal responsbilities to ensure your mother and sister had a comfortable stay.
Laguna Beach
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The check in was sloppy. The girls were talking among themselves, we were a bit of an annoyance to them it seemed. We got to our room, and it smelled of stale smoke and harsh chemicals to mask the odor. We went back and asked for a different room. The girl quickly gave us an upgraded room. This room smelled fine, and was clean and comfy. The continental breakfast was disappointing. They couldn't keep anything stocked. Eggs gone, sausage gone, refill for the waffle empty. One gal working it, but coudn't keep up with it.
The upgraded room was clean, bed comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
nonaga, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. We have discussed your comments to improve our service. We were extremely busy with the Stanford Graduation weekend and unfortunately at times some supplies ran low. We will ensure this does not happen again and also will schedule another attendant to better serve our guests.
Israel
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Loved the breakfast And the location isvalso awsome

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank oriharel
Beijing
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights in a business trip, overall speaking it's a good hotel, rooms are clean and spacious, no smoking smell. The bash tube is clean and hot water is big enough.

The bad things are:
1. this hotel is next to the El Camino Real road, so the traffic noise in the night is not ignorable. My sleep is not very good so I'm sensitive to such noise. Although it's not bad enough to make me sleepless, I think it's better to make some change (e.g. install double glazing window).
2. the breakfast is too.... simple, although I don't care the food very much, but I really find nothing to eat in the morning.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Purplexsu
nonaga, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you for your review and suggestion. We are sorry the noise from the street affected your sleep. We also have rooms located further away from the street which reduces the noise level. We are adding more variety to our complimentary hot breakfast such as juices, yogurt, and fruits. We are looking also looking at other areas to improve our breakfast service.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Stayed for two nights on business. Chose this place as had to keep costs down on part of the trip but it was an excellent place to stay. The bed very large and comfortable, dated styling but spotless and well maintained. No noise except in the morning from some big trucks leaving the parking lot but no noise from the family in the room next door with two children. Breakfast is basic but it is free so you can't complain. Would recommend this place to anyone who has business in the local area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lukelb1231
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed March 5, 2011

I'm glad my husband's company paid for this stay as I would never pay $150 a night for such a small motel-like room. But this is California and this may be the norm for all I know.

Cons: the bed was way too soft. Some people may like this, but my back prefers a solid bed. Small room: 1 foot of space between foot of bed and dresser/tv. Coffee pot had to be moved from resting place on far right of vanity to the far left side where the plug is, which is right by the sink; very poor setup; and there was barely enough room for the coffeepot. Cleaning staff changed sheets and towels when we asked them not to. I was just abiding by the signs they placed in the room, but I guess they don't understand how it works LOL. Not enough parking: We arrived back at our room at 1am one night, and there were no parking spots left. We tried parking elsewhere but there were 'your car will be towed away' signs all over the place. Went back to the motel and had to park in a striped no parking area. Our car was still there in the morning thank goodness.

Pros: very nice staff, decent breakfast, clean room. When the printer didn't work in the complimentary computer room, the front desk gal let me print at her computer. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, various cereals, pastries, toast, bagels, peanut butter & jelly, butter, make your own waffles, apples, oranges, bananas (one day only), coffee, tea, juice. The room was clean with up to date furnishings. There was no mold or tiles coming off the bath wall; always a good thing.

There is also an outdoor hot tub which I intended to use, but never got around to it. And an outdoor pool. The exercise room had a recumbent bike, treadmill, stairstepper, and a few hand weights. I used the treadmill and it worked fine.

There is also a Whole Foods and Trader Joes within walking distance for your healthy food fix. A microwave and mini fridge are in the rooms to keep your goodies cold. Although the temperature knob was broken off in our fridge, so all our food froze.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Hotel Zico
#4 of 18 in Mountain View
Holiday Inn Express Mountain View - S Palo Alto
Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View

Been to Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!