“'Mixed' Reviews'”
Review of Mixx - CLOSED

Mixx
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Description: Downtown Mountain View is home. New American comfort food is what we do. Community, crafty cocktails and beer are fundamentals.
Reviewed December 14, 2014

This is a new restaurant, our first time here. The host was great, seated us immediately, but the table was near the front door, and on a cold evening, I wasn't comfortable. He was kind when I asked to change tables and after 10 minutes or so, he did find us a table elsewhere.

Our waiter had far too many tables to serve, and we felt neglected. He was kind enough when he took our order, but it was 15 minutes before bread and a glass of wine was delivered, he kept passing our table multiple times and never brought it until I asked. I then told him we had ballet tickets, and wondered out loud if it was realistic to be out in 45 minutes. He said he would make sure this was possible.

The food: My husband had the skirt streak and fries and loved his meal.
I had the duck breast with an orange sauce which was over a bed of garlic snap peas and rice. All I could taste was the garlic, it was so overpowering, I could barely eat it. The duck breast was good, though 4 of the 7 pieces were too rare for me. I hand picked those pieces and asked if they could be put under the grill for only 1-2 minutes. The waiter did not come back with them for what felt like 15 minutes, and never apologized. This was disappointing to say the least. I will give this place one more try since my husband was pleased..hopefully the 2nd time will be better. Also, it was extremely noisy, that part will not change.

Reviewed October 25, 2014

We accidentally stumbled on this new gem in Mountain View, just open 1.5 months. I guess they forgot to advertise! We got 3 seats at the bar on this Saturday night (we were early, filled up soon) and enjoyed great cocktails (Cosmopolitan & Vodka Martini) by Jordan the bartender and nice chats with Jordan and Rebecca the other bartender, so we decided to have dinner at the bar. Happy hour is till 6:30pm and we were just in time to order some great deals: butter lettuce rolls with ~ 15 different dipping sauces for $4 bucks, best Brussels Sprouts I have ever eaten for $5 bucks (crispy with nuts, light maple sirup, incredible), pastrami board with nice chunks of chunks of pastrami (better than Katz in NY) for $8 bucks and Chili Mac & Cheese for $4 bucks but that was a complete miss: rather than a macaroni pasta it seems they had some German spatzel... Hey, they just opened so I assume they will adjust and would assume prices go up. After happy hour I ordered the "sticky pork rib" ($12) - delicious ginger flavored ribs. We all ordered from the small plates menu but the 3 of us filled up on what we ordered. I like to come back with a great appetite to try some of the interesting menu items like the branzino ($32).

1  Thank Cees129