“Friendly, spacious rooms”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Friendly, spacious rooms”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the past 3 months, on both occasions for over 2 weeks. The hotel is conveniently located next to Stevens Creek Trail, which is great if you are working at any of the tech firms near Google, Microsoft, NASA or in the Whisman area.

The rooms are not so bad, pretty spacious, but the lighting is not too good. There is no minibar, but a fridge is included, handy if you are staying there for a reasonable amount of time. The breakfast is ok, cereal, coffee, eggs, hash brown, beans, bacon, sausages and they will even make you omelettes. There is free coffee in reception all day too.

In room wifi is very good, you can stay logged in for 24 hours from multiple devices, it is fast and low latency. I was consistently getting 30Mbit+, plenty to work remotely, take skype calls and watch Netflix.

If I am working in Mountain View again I will probably stay there again.

Room Tip: I would advise on asking for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The hotel was a renovated, existing one. The old charm was great and I liked the outdoor veranda. However, it was difficult to get to, having to take three legs of a cloverleaf highway to get to the entry drive. The front door had a short vertical change. If accessibility is an issue, enter through the garage and take the elevator up instead of parking by the front gate.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first and second floor facing the highway have a large veranda, common to all hotel roo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Arrived after a long trip from Florida. Had a bad check in people not taken in order. Clerk couldn't sign to computer. She got help Manuel came. I was given keys to a room only to find it occupied. Given keys to another room it too was occupied. On the third room I insisted that Manuel go in the room first to make sure it was unoccupied. I was given a discount on the room for my 4 day stay.
The room was ok but it had the dirtiest smoke detector I ever seen. All was ok until last day I got back to hotel late and had an early flight to find the maid did-not finish our room no towels or wash cloths. She sure didn't forget the tip I left.
Only good thing was their breakfast it was very good. With made to order omelets. Will not use in future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This one proved to be our savior. The staff was great enough and helped us check in at last minute by making fast arrangements when we were short of time and needed a place to stay. The location is a little isolated but it offers a peaceful place to stay in. The staff helped us in getting the required transport all the times and breakfast served was also good and had a variety of stuff. I would love to visit this hotel again during my next visit in 2014. Value for money, I'd say!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here in June 2012 and again in Oct 2013. Nice place to stay that has a different feel than most hotels along the road. The rooms are a bit small, but well appointed. Beds are clean and comfortable. My major complaint is with the sinks in the bathroom. While ascetically designed, these sinks are not practical for my tastes. Water flows from the tap through a glass bowl, then waterfalls into the sink. Water remains in the glass bowl and does not drain away. As a result, you cannot fill a glass or get a drink of water without the water flowing through the glass bowl where some water always remains. I just don't like it but I suspect it's fine. I just use bottled water.

They offer a very nice, hot breakfast but the food is average. The breakfast room is also a bit "stark" with no atmosphere. Good free WiFi. Comfortable "common" or public spaces to use in the hotel, too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a lovely, tucked-away hotel, perfect for my needs. The bed was comfortable, and the desk area was perfect for me to get my work done. The front desk staff was helpful in getting around the area on all shifts, and I loved having the balcony to sit out in the evening.

Room Tip: Get the room with a balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband was having surgery at Stanford and we needed a comfortable place to stay given we would be spending a lot of time in the room during his recovery.

Pros:
They checked me in very early (9am) and the staff was nice enough to pull out some cereal and milk for me after dining hours so that I could have breakfast.

Cute boutique hotel

Free breakfast (although it's not an elaborate spread, it does have the basics including eggs and a loosely manned omelet station)

Mini Fridge and Micro in room

Outdoor shared patio for some rooms

Room was a nice size

Cons:
Shared patio faces highway. It's loud if you want to let fresh air in.

People smoke on the shared patio

Lots of maintenance issues: broken screen door, two separate issues with the bathroom sink, tv did not work and the only solution was to move rooms.

Most staff were unhelpful and somewhat rude. Comments like "what do you want me to do", "then there is no problem" in response to not having hot water, and "can it wait until tomorrow" were made. Um, really people? I was promised issues would be addressed and sometimes there were not.

Due to issues with the TV, we were forced to switch rooms 3 times, 1st they tried to move us to an occupied room, then they told us only lesser rooms were available and moved us to one of those. Finally they fixed the TV in our first room (I overheard the person at the front desk and had to ask to move back to our better original room), and after hesitation, because cleaning staff was about to leave, they allowed us to move back to our original room.

No room service available. No restaurant.

Suasage and bacon were always burnt to a crisp at the breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: As for a room with a balcony not by the highway (I'm not sure if these actually exist).
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Hotel Zico? Share your experiences!