“Service”
Review of Hotel Zico

Hotel Zico
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The breakfast service time is not good. I believe that it should open earlier than 6:30 am in the morning. Also the omlette bar does not really open unitl another half hour after opening time. The coffee does not taste good either. The room does not get cleaned well past 12 pm and not everything gets replenished. I believe the service needs to be up a notch or two for me to come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We often travel to Mountain View for concerts at shoreline ampatheatre and have stayed on some pretty nasty hotels. So this time I decided to search out a better hotel! And we found it! Beautiful property, nice rooms, great full breakfast and plenty of parking.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ladykeepsmiling
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have never heard of this hotel, and even when I was making reservation, I didn't know I was booking this hotel because I booked it through hotwire. Its environment and Mediterranean room style surprising me, I even saw a small lizard outside the main lobby. My room was facing inside and I had a quiet and comfortable stay. Only concern is their pillowcases are too old to have pilling on surface.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We were worried about staying at this hotel since we had never heard of it however, this hotel is amazing ! Makes you feel like you are staying in the Italy.
It is a nice place, obviously an old hotel that they revamped and made stylish and new. The balconys are shared and have open community spaces.

The only thing is that the first floor rooms face the outside which made me feel a bit uncomfortable so we moved up a floor, staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Teela R
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel had something to offer that most cannot. It is located right next to the superb Stevens Creek exercise trail in Mountain View. It goes for miles and was accessible just off of the parking lot. The provided hot breakfast was excellent. The choices were varied and everything was good. The breakfast room was very large, clean, and bright. The surrounding area is easily accessible from the hotel, which is located on El Camino Real.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DaveBFindlay_Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2013

There was a giant spit loogie prominently positioned on the wall. That's it for me folks..

I've been staying at Zico when in the Peninsula for business since 2007. Sadly the last several stays I've had here in the last ~12 months or so have shown obvious decreases in quality.

This last time was the last straw. The room I generally request and stay in (largest, most secluded) was filthy when we arrived. There was a giant spit loogie on the wall next to my side of the bed. Clearly, utterly disgusting. Late at night, hotel was fully booked, so we stayed in the room, but asked to have it cleaned, maid never showed up to clean the room. I left for work the next day, put the "clean me" sign on the door and came home at 7pm or so. Room wasn't cleaned. At all. Wall spit remained. What a dump.

This place has gone so far downhill that I'll never stay here again. 7 years of staying here, and I'm taking my business (and anyone elses business I can help influence) elsewhere.

* Loogie: a large slimy glob of spit, that is formed by coughing up and hocking whats in your throat.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Or don't stay in a "balcony room" b/c 1) all balconies are co...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Elegantmoustache
ConceptHigh, General Manager at Hotel Zico, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. More importantly, I am so sorry for your negative experience. I am personally looking into the issues you describe in your room as we do have a deep cleaning and regular cleaning program. I have looped in our head housekeeper into this issue and it will be resolved immediately. I invite you to contact me anytime at the hotel to discuss further and see how we can make this up to you and keep you coming back to us!

Thanks again,
Alfonso

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was eager to bring my hubby here for a weekend getaway. I enjoyed my first stay, but this stay was kinda "meh".
We got a super-duper good online rate. So with that seemed to come an attitude of "you got the cheap rate" so you get lesser service.
The response to my request for a quiet room in a quiet location on an upper floor was a room on the first floor near the front desk. Fortunately, the guests in this area were not loud and the footsteps above our heads did not go late into the night or start up early in the morning. Although it's a smoke-free property, we got a heavy whiff of cigarette smoke later in the evening. Most likely the smokers were outside on the first floor puffing away and the bathroom fan was sucking in the smoke.
We skipped breakfast to chow down on some dim sum.
Not sure I'll be making a 3rd visit here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple