“mediterranean feel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Toronto, Canada
“mediterranean feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have never heard of this hotel, and even when I was making reservation, I didn't know I was booking this hotel because I booked it through hotwire. Its environment and Mediterranean room style surprising me, I even saw a small lizard outside the main lobby. My room was facing inside and I had a quiet and comfortable stay. Only concern is their pillowcases are too old to have pilling on surface.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
alma, mi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We were worried about staying at this hotel since we had never heard of it however, this hotel is amazing ! Makes you feel like you are staying in the Italy.
It is a nice place, obviously an old hotel that they revamped and made stylish and new. The balconys are shared and have open community spaces.

The only thing is that the first floor rooms face the outside which made me feel a bit uncomfortable so we moved up a floor, staff was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Teela R
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel had something to offer that most cannot. It is located right next to the superb Stevens Creek exercise trail in Mountain View. It goes for miles and was accessible just off of the parking lot. The provided hot breakfast was excellent. The choices were varied and everything was good. The breakfast room was very large, clean, and bright. The surrounding area is easily accessible from the hotel, which is located on El Camino Real.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DaveBFindlay_Ohio
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

There was a giant spit loogie prominently positioned on the wall. That's it for me folks..

I've been staying at Zico when in the Peninsula for business since 2007. Sadly the last several stays I've had here in the last ~12 months or so have shown obvious decreases in quality.

This last time was the last straw. The room I generally request and stay in (largest, most secluded) was filthy when we arrived. There was a giant spit loogie on the wall next to my side of the bed. Clearly, utterly disgusting. Late at night, hotel was fully booked, so we stayed in the room, but asked to have it cleaned, maid never showed up to clean the room. I left for work the next day, put the "clean me" sign on the door and came home at 7pm or so. Room wasn't cleaned. At all. Wall spit remained. What a dump.

This place has gone so far downhill that I'll never stay here again. 7 years of staying here, and I'm taking my business (and anyone elses business I can help influence) elsewhere.

* Loogie: a large slimy glob of spit, that is formed by coughing up and hocking whats in your throat.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Or don't stay in a "balcony room" b/c 1) all balconies are co...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elegantmoustache
ConceptHigh, General Manager at Hotel Zico, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. More importantly, I am so sorry for your negative experience. I am personally looking into the issues you describe in your room as we do have a deep cleaning and regular cleaning program. I have looped in our head housekeeper into this issue and it will be resolved immediately. I invite you to contact me anytime at the hotel to discuss further and see how we can make this up to you and keep you coming back to us!

Thanks again,
Alfonso
San Luis Obispo, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was eager to bring my hubby here for a weekend getaway. I enjoyed my first stay, but this stay was kinda "meh".
We got a super-duper good online rate. So with that seemed to come an attitude of "you got the cheap rate" so you get lesser service.
The response to my request for a quiet room in a quiet location on an upper floor was a room on the first floor near the front desk. Fortunately, the guests in this area were not loud and the footsteps above our heads did not go late into the night or start up early in the morning. Although it's a smoke-free property, we got a heavy whiff of cigarette smoke later in the evening. Most likely the smokers were outside on the first floor puffing away and the bathroom fan was sucking in the smoke.
We skipped breakfast to chow down on some dim sum.
Not sure I'll be making a 3rd visit here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This trip was planned as an adventure - so we specifically did NOT want a cookie cutter chain room. We found the Zico online and it LOOKED charming. Yes -- hotel pictures online, like dating site profiles can be misleading. But in the case of the Zico - the website was spot on.
Some have mentioned the building being hard to spot. It is a bit -- but that turns out to be a GOOD thing. From the parking lot you walk past a fountain into a lush landscape of palms and flowers. Once inside -- the décor is creative and inviting throughout.
The complimentary breakfast is a REAL breakfast with a wide range of choices -- all fresh and NOT a frozen Danish in sight. It is served in their hospitality room so you are not distracted by lobby traffic.
I had spoken with the staff at some length on the phone prior to making the reservations and they had been extremely helpful in addressing my concerns related to my wife's mobility needs. I was equally impressed in person. They were professional in appearance and very courteous and friendly in manner.
We were there for three nights so we interacted with several people and each interaction was a pleasure.

Room Tip: I had read reviews warning of road noise so I initially asked for a room off the highway. But I als...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
WY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

A very quiet, clean place. We had trouble finding since it was right off interstate, but that was out problem. Staff very kind, rooms very clean and breakfast was a nice surprise. We had a walk out room and it was a nice area to rest and have coffee. Also liked the trail next to it. No pool and didn't use exercise room. Enjoyed our 2 night stay and was next to interstate so easy to go places.

Room Tip: Booked through hot wire and got room for $65.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View

Been to Hotel Zico? Share your experiences!