Hotel Zico
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
$259
$194
Hotel Strata(Mountain View)
$420
Hotel Vue(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
$229
$206
Official Hotel
Mountain View Inn(Mountain View)
$189
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
$309
Hotels.com
Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
$231
GardenInn.com
$239
Hotels.com
$161
Super 8 Mountain View(Mountain View)
$139
$129
$369
$313
Residence Inn
All reviewsomelette barfront deskmediterranean stylefrench doorsomelet stationgreek yogurtu turnel caminofree breakfastmade to order omeletsroad noisestevens creek trailsausagegreat customer serviceparking lotmini fridgepotatoes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is an older facility that has been lovingly renovated in a contemporary Mediterranean style. The concept works well. The rooms are clean and comfortable and have a unique look that we liked. There was a microwave and small fridge in the room. The lobby and entrance are very chic, and there is a common room upstairs that can be used to entertain visitors, which we did. The breakfasts were good, if a little repetitious day after day. Bacon, eggs, homefries, pancakes, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, juice, coffee, tea. The omelet station was a big hit, and the woman who made the omelets is delightful. In fact, the entire staff was very pleasant and helpful. Several local newspapers are put out daily, and there are some snacks for purchase in the lobby.

The hotel is right next to a hiway, but our room faced the opposite direction, and noise was not an issue at all, although I could see where it might be in a different room. There are power lines that run right through the property; not the most attractive feature, but not really a problem either. We enjoyed our stay, and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the hiway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

First let me say that this is a nicely designed, pleasant, reasonably-priced small hotel tucked alongside US 85 and 82 off El Camino Real in Mountain View. I would have reviewed it positively if they had let me sleep. But in the afternoon, while I had the Do Not Disturb sign on my door so I could take a nap, the front desk called to say "Housekeeping would like to bring in the pillowcases for your bed but we see there's a Do Not Disturb sign on your door. Is it all right if they drop them off? Yes, the phone ringing was every bit as sleep destroying as a knock on the door would have been. When I complained, I was told that this was actually house policy. Not a mistake for which they are apologetic, but policy of the house. What's sort of funny is the DND sign says "Shh. I'm trying to get some ZZZ's" which is precisely what I was trying to do and precisely what the policy fails to allow. I can understand that there are times when people go off and leave the DND sign on their doors and something needs to happen in those situations, but I have to believe there's a better policy than the one that destroyed what for me at the time was a precious opportunity to make up for some sleep deprivation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ConceptHigh, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Zico, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

First of all, thank you for taking the time to review us. I am extremely sorry for your experience regarding being disturbed during your sleep, despite the Do Not Disturb sign being up. Due to your experience, we are re-training all employees on our DND policy - which simply is to not disturb anyone who has the sign up! Again, thanks for your valuable feedback and we are so very sorry you had this uncharacteristically unpleasant experience at Hotel Zico.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Good points: Helpful staff, room nice and large, good desk, reasonable number of outlets. And they lend stuff like GPS’s, which actually saved me. Very good price. Small but decent fitness room.

Bad point: NOISE. I was on the side toward 85, and had a lot of trouble sleeping. If you’re a light sleeper, this is not the hotel for you unless they can promise you a room on the quiet side.

Tips:
• Bring a DVD player. They have a library to lend.
• To get to route 85, turn right, then right at the light on Grant (237) to 85. It’s tempting to go right and do a U-turn, but that’s much harder.

Room Tip: Ask (no, plead) for a room on the side away from the highway.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This must have been a relatively cheap motel at some stage in its life. It's been extensively upgraded, and is colorful and quirky. Large rooms, with fridge.

Polite staff. Free parking and a quite adequate free breakfast.

Room Tip: The freeway side is noisy. Ask for a room on the quiet opposite side.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed there for only one night. It is a very nice hotel with modern and clean rooms. Great breakfast and service. Overall, it is a very nice hotel that doesan't look like your typical hotel chain, at a great value. We will definately stay there again. Strongly recommended

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple