“Convenient”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
larkinthedark
“Convenient”
Reviewed April 18, 2008

Good value for the price and location.

Stayed March 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
North Bay
Reviewed April 18, 2008

The bed was hard. The pillows were horrible. The room was small.(My husband and I had a King room. The bathroom was small. The breakfast was so-so. Eggs,bacon,hash browns, sausage, cereal, milk, orange juice,pancakes, and an unmanned omelet bar. The walls were paper thin. you could hear the people in the other rooms. When the water is on in the bathroom the pipes rattle. The in room mini fridge was ok. It worked. The Microwave did not work whatsoever. The internet was spotty and slow. There was no pool. The price is a quite a bit higher for all it's problems. I would have rather paid and extra 20 dollars a night to stay at the recognizable hotel chain or payed 40 dollars less and stayed at no frills hotel, atleast I would have expected problems.

Stayed April 2008
Bay Area
Reviewed April 13, 2008

I recently stayed at the Hotel Zico and really enjoyed my stay - it's
a great little hotel that's a nice change from the usual. The room decor was pretty unique and the bathroom was pretty cool, with a floating sink bowl catching my attention...
The best parts were a great free breakfast (I had a omelet made to order) and a cute, large room. They are in the process of re-doing the outside (I think, based on some paint colors I saw on the wall) which would definitely be welcome. You really can't get what they offer at that price elsewhere.

• Liked — decor and lobby
  • Stayed April 2008
Hawaii
Reviewed April 6, 2008

I found this hotel online. I chose it for its proximity to the VA hospital near Stanford where a family memeber was ill. The website was wonderful. The hotel looked very nice and clean. I checked out trip advisor and it came highly recommended.

I was totally unprepared for what greeted me upon my arrival. The elevator was small, cramped, smelly, made a frightening creaky sound, and the fake-wood vinyl was peeling from the wall. The front desk was made of particle board with one raw, unpainted edge that greets you upon your arrival. Classy. The front desk was attended by a small woman who could barely contain her irritation that we interrupted her television watching. The "renovation" turned out to be cheap wal-mart style furniture and a thin layer of bright cobalt paint over cruddy walls. I could hear the next room's television going the moment I walked into my room. The fixtures on the doors look like they are from early 1970s. The beds were sagging in the middle. In the evening as I walked to the entrance to the hotel I encountered three very large rats that didn't even scatter when I approached them but quietly went about their business of climbing the poorly tended foliage that ran along the building and allowed them free and easy access to the 2nd floor. If I hadn't just flown 3000 miles and been completely exhausted I would have walked out.

Never Never NEVER AGAIN. BEWARE!!!!!

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank Pilikia387
washington dc
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Convenient location, but less than scenic. Rates were very reasonable and owners have done a nice job of renovating this place. Right off El Camino looking out on 85. Sound not too bad.

Stayed March 2008
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2008

Good value for budget travelers. Some nice features for a converted senior residence. The bed was excellent but I wouldnt want to spend much down time at the hotel. Still it was alot better than most budget hotels. Some great features (glass basin sinks, low-flow toilets, etc.) but I still can't decide if what they do is just gimmicky or a real trend setter.

Whatever you do - do not get a room on the front side of the hotel. The building faces Interstate 85 and it was noisy all night. Also the shared balconies mean you cannot leave your door open at night (for fresh air).

• Liked — the bed and the bathroom basin
  • Disliked — the rooms that face the highway
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank LML4400
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2008

When we checked in we discovered that our room only had one bed (our fault). The staff set us up with a pull-out bed, but then went the extra distance and moved us to a room with two beds when they got a cancellation. Nice work! Thanks to Jim at the front desk.

The breakfast exceeded our expectations.

Overall we got more than we expected to, and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to the budget-minded traveler to Mountain View.

• Liked — Staff, breakfast and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Poor cell coverage and spotty Internet access
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Hotel Zico? Share your experiences!