Hotel Zico
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
$209
$157
Hotel Vue(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
Official Hotel
$147
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
$309
Hampton.com
$239
Hotels.com
Super 8 Mountain View(Mountain View)
$124
Budget Motel(Mountain View)
$190
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsomelette barfront deskmediterranean stylefrench doorsomelet stationgreek yogurtu turnel caminofree breakfastmade to order omeletsroad noisestevens creek trailsausagegreat customer serviceparking lotmini fridgepotatoes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The room and bathroom were very clean, a prime rating consideration, and were stylishly furnished--with even a Keurig coffee maker in the room! The bed had a firm, very comfortable mattress, with a quality sheet and duvet, and a choice of pillow firmness. The hotel has a nice, modern look and feel, a very attractive lobby area, and friendly, helpful front desk staff. The included breakfast included a to-order omelet bar, but lacked sugar-free cereals and offered only white bread (no brown or whole wheat bread). Parking is in an underground lot, with a very convenient elevator that enables one to transfer luggage directly from a car to one's floor.

The hotel is undergoing construction so plan on exceptional noise starting weekdays at 9:00 AM. Also, because the hotel is located alongside a busy freeway, a North-side room is recommended.

One other point: the Zico Hotel shares a driveway with an adjacent extended stay hotel located to the rear of the Zico. Most people intuitively follow the driveway until they find a hotel entrance in the rear--but it's for the other hotel. The Zico's actual lobby entrance is difficult to spot, with only a small sign just in front of the underground parking garage pointing the way.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very convenient location right off the #85 on El Camino Real. I stayed on the second floor in room 210. It was far enough away from the freeway so that I didn't hear any noise. Bathroom was really small. Had to step to the side of the toilet to close the door. Cleanliness could have been better. Room needed a good vacuuming and toilet seat had a "residue" on it.

Workout facility is small. The only treadmill was not working, but there was also a stairmaster, eliptical and recumbant bike. The weight machine was really messed up (unusable) so I let the front desk know. Water, towels and a big screen t.v. were available.

Breakfast room was large and had a nice variety of food. Bacon, sausage, eggs, cereal, toast, bagels, juices, coffee and an omlette bar. Due to the high volume of people at 9 am, there was a ten minute wait to get an omlette. The staff was friendly and accomodating throughout my stay.

I arrived at the property at 4pm to find several guests wanting their money refunded due to construction work going on. It was very noisy due to hammering and sawing, but all that stopped by the time I got into my room. I didn't hear any noise the next morning and I checked out by 11am. I thought the manager and front desk clerk handled themselves very well considering the stress they were under. They were courteous and gave refunds promptly.

There is underground parking that has an elevator. I noticed a police car cruising through the outside parking lot around 6pm. I get the impression they do this regularly to keep an eye on things. Traveling as a single female, I felt completely safe at this property. I would recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Upstairs in the 200's away from the roadway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our recent stay at Hotel Zico was delightful! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
The full breakfast was delicious.The complimentary copy of the San Francisco Chronicle each weekday, the Starbucks coffee in the lobby and and the umbrellas available for our use on rainy days were nice amenities. We plan to stay there again anytime we are travelling in the area.

Room Tip: Our second floor room (219) was quiet and comfortable. Ask for a room that is located away from the highway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We enjoyed a nice one night stay after a long day in a hospital waiting room. Very comfortable beds, choice of pillows and clean rooms. Cute touches with folding decorations on the toilet paper and Kleenex. Made us smile when we needed some humor. The breakfast was really good with pancakes, omelette bar, bacon, sausage and toast. They served Starbucks coffee and a great selection of teas. I would definitely stay here again instead of a hotel chain where every place looks the same. I really liked the decor.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We spent a night at hotel Zico to avoid the fumes from our newly refinished hardwood floor. Based on the reviews we expected a good experience, but in reality, this place is very noisy, being close to Hwy 85 , and the rooms are nothing short of garishly painted dump. The bathroom was mildewy with big gaps between the wall and the tub, no tiles around the bathtub and shower; rather a badly painted turquoise color surface. The reception is decorated in a Zen inspired decor - I guess to counteract the aggravation due to the state of dilapidation and the intolerable garishness of the rooms. The famous good breakfast is good only for those who like greasy eggs, bacon and the like. I'll never recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family