“Nice change from the hotel chains” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Zico

Hotel Zico
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Roseville, California
“Nice change from the hotel chains”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We enjoyed a nice one night stay after a long day in a hospital waiting room. Very comfortable beds, choice of pillows and clean rooms. Cute touches with folding decorations on the toilet paper and Kleenex. Made us smile when we needed some humor. The breakfast was really good with pancakes, omelette bar, bacon, sausage and toast. They served Starbucks coffee and a great selection of teas. I would definitely stay here again instead of a hotel chain where every place looks the same. I really liked the decor.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
california
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We spent a night at hotel Zico to avoid the fumes from our newly refinished hardwood floor. Based on the reviews we expected a good experience, but in reality, this place is very noisy, being close to Hwy 85 , and the rooms are nothing short of garishly painted dump. The bathroom was mildewy with big gaps between the wall and the tub, no tiles around the bathtub and shower; rather a badly painted turquoise color surface. The reception is decorated in a Zen inspired decor - I guess to counteract the aggravation due to the state of dilapidation and the intolerable garishness of the rooms. The famous good breakfast is good only for those who like greasy eggs, bacon and the like. I'll never recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
American Fork, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hotel Zico was a nice break from the typical hotel I stay in when on business. It has a very Zen feel to the lobby, the rooms are good (could be better) but I was happy with them. The breakfast is awesome, don't skip the omelet bar. Lot's of restaurants and shopping within walking distance and a great nature trail right by the hotel. When I'm back in the Mountain View area, I'll be sure to book my stay at Hotel Zico again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reno Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Good: The decor was colorful, the breakfast was adequate for my wife since she is gluten free and the omelette station was a BIG seller for my booking. Underground parking was nice and our vehicle was safe the 3 nights we stayed there, also the elevator leading to the parking area was convenient. We were away from the freeway, so we had no issues with noise in our room. We did not hear neighboring guests through the walls as some have reported. The TV reception in our room was great. Free wireless internet worked fine for the little amount of time I used it. The Krueger coffee maker in the room went unused but was a nice feature.The hotel staff obliged us with extra towels. Overall the place was outwardly nice.

The Ok: The price ($384 for 3 nights/tax included) compared to what we received (compared to many, many hotels we have stayed in, in the same area) was not, in my opinion, fair price for the cramped room. The double queen room was very cramped for 2 adults and 2 older kids (12&14). The toilet resting pegs for the toilet seat were all broken and the seat wobbly. The tub had signs of wear on the headrest area, very tacky. Bathroom very cramped as well. The room (#216) has an odd smell, not unpleasant just odd. Getting there from the freeways is a roller coaster ride (thank God for GPS). The solitary ice machine worked for one small bucket of ice and no more (Would have liked to fill half an ice chest for the beach). The air conditioner was loud kicking on and would wake one up during the night, even with ear plugs (Once again this also is a product of the cramped room design). If you eat breakfast in the 3rd hour of breakfast expect a rush and 2 kitchen staff have a hard time keeping up, they do well but you may have to wait a few minutes for something. The internet browsers on the computers in the common area (IE, Firefox & Chrome) did not work and had Malware preventing use of internet on them. Did not meet all expectations for the price we paid. While it tries hard to be a boutique/different hotel, it falls short in prviding value for the money.

Room Tip: Room sinside main building would be insulated from the freeway noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel was booked on Hotwire at a rate deeply discounted off the rack rate. When I checked in I was greeted and advised my room was not ready. After 20 minutes I received my key card and went to check out the room. When I arrived I was surprised of the condition of the room.
Comfy king size bed with Microwave and frig. Nice updated bathroom and linens on the bed. I had a great nights sleep. My room was in the back away from the freeway. I went to breakfast and was again surprised of all the choices; Omlet bar (made to order), eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon and so much more. Well worth it! Only minor complaint was the fan in my room. It emitted a strange ordor on the last day. The other thing is when you get off the freeway you should take the 85 North to the exit. You have to pay attention. It is a quick turn, but there is a nice big sign and you can se when you cross the freeway. Overall I would stay here again. By the way if you are going to Shoreline I would stay here. Only 5-10 minutes from Shoreline Amphitheatre.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LATraveler01
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Hotel was pleasant. Good price for the area. However our room smelled like sour wet carpet and the cleaning chemical used did nothing to mask it. We opened our windows to let in fresh air. Fortunately they supplied earplugs to help drown out the traffic noise. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2012
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

After reading most of the reviews i definitely expected alot more. I just checked into this hotel about 20 mins ago and am regretting my decision. For the price i paid i was not expecting a small cramped very dark room with someone else's hair on the pillowcases. Once again the pics online are alot better than the real thing. Mattresses are not comfortable and when calling the front desk to ask about it got a short response. Hmmm...wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed September 2012
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Hotel Zico? Share your experiences!