“Eclectic modern tapas from around the world - yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cijjo

Ranked #163 of 326 Restaurants in Mountain View
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
London
“Eclectic modern tapas from around the world - yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I'd been working in Sunnyvale all week on a trip from the UK and my co-workers took me out to dinner here on the last night we were all together. Dishes like South American passion fruit ceviche, Roasted bone marrow, Sao Paulo Hanger Steak, Shrimp Bruschetta Romano - things that you a) don't often see and b) never see together - we really were spoilt for choice - if you're into food, the menu is fab!

The first dish to arrive was the passion fruit ceviche, served in a martini glass and simply radiant with the deep yellow from the passion fruit sauce topped by delicate slices of deep green avocado - it was a feast for the eyes as much as for the tastebuds and in part assisted by the stark white furniture that helps showcase the rich colours of the food itself. It was all really inventive (the tuna dish was served in what looked like ice cream cones) and the hanger steak was the most succulent piece of seared beef I've had in a long time.

So congratulations to the chefs who clearly know what they're doing and have some great ingredients to work with.

Service was pleasant and friendly, although the drinks seemed to get forgotten about a couple of times and they came back 3 times to ask which wine I wanted, but that was possibly because I didn't realise they had a red and white variation of the label I had selected.

I thought the atmosphere was good too - no music (yay!) and it had a bubble of chatter from other diners, but was pleasantly quiet so you could hear each other easily. Just right really and the interesting lighting and stark furniture worked well together.

Overall I would actually say this was by far my favourite meal in California and I'll definitely seek Cijjo out again when I'm next in Mountain View. Oh yes - and puddings were also good, and surprisingly large portions after the delicate tapas sized dishes we had earlier in the meal.

• Visited April 2014