“Great Pizza”
Review of Doppio Zero

Doppio Zero
Reserve with OpenTable
Doppio Zero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 326 Restaurants in Mountain View
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Stopped at Doppio Zero for lunch on a Saturday and loved it! The outdoor seating was really pleasant and we even found space to park a baby stroller. Shared a salad and appetizer which were but great. The four of us each ordered pizzas and thoroughly enjoyed them. My Margarita pizza was excellent, the crust was thin and the tomatoes and mozzarella were really tasty.

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal
“Authentic and delicious Italian food.”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Tried this pizzeria on fabulous Castro street with the entire family and everyone loved it. The kids loved the Mickey Mouse shaped pizza and had seconds of the pasta. I had the seafood pasta (scoglio) which was fresh and delicious. Amazing desserts as well :-) The service is wonderful.

• Visited May 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Simple tasty Italian”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

While visiting San Jose on a business trip, I met some of my friends at DP Pizzeria on Castro road. I love Castro road, looks awesome over the evening with the beautiful lights, and many restaurants. A true place to hang out for lunch or dinner. Just a shame everything closes up so early in the evening. We started off with a nice Peroni beer and shared Margherita pizza, lasagna, and calzone. Respecting my friends' wishes I went along with the order, as this is the best test of a place anyway. If I were alone or ordering, I would have been a bit more bold with my choices. The Pizza was excellent, just the way it's supposed to be(the oven looks great). The Calzone was also very very good, but the lasagna.....that was it. I went ahead and ordered another one for myself, as my friends were full. I encourage anyone coming to Doppio Zero to at least once try the Lasagna. So simple, yet so good. We then went for a mascarpone based dessert and finished with some espressos. The design of the place was simple and nice, the atmosphere was nice as the place filled up with people. The service was very good, with multiple waiters running around. There's parking around and the prices are really fair. I couldn't help feeling the potential of this place, and only if it gave a bit more, it would be grand. I really think this is a good restaurant on the verge of becoming great. Maybe my experience wasn't well met? Keep doing a good job. I will definitely be coming back to try more.

• Visited May 2014
Los Gatos, California
“Great Pizza, Fantastic Artichoke Appetizer”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The thin crust pizzas have a wide variety of interesting toppings. I've tried several, including the "Pizza Alberto" (cream of walnut sauce - a first for me) and the "Doppio Zero" (Burrata cheese, 24months Prosciutto di Parma, arugula). They're all very good, and some are great. The real star, for me, though, is the "Carciofi alla Ischitana" (Lightly fried California artichoke, sea salt and lemon). I enjoy artichokes as much as the next guy, but fried artichokes are usually either smothered in batter, or just kind of bland. The dish at Doppio Zero is, without question, a whole different universe of fried artichokes. They're light, full of flavor and spiced "just right." Some day I'll go there and just order multiple plates of artichokes - they're that good.

The service is good. I'd go so far as to say that it's better than most of the casual dining places in Mountain View.

My only small complaint really isn't fair, as it applies to almost every restaurant in Mountain View, but the place gets REALLY loud when it's busy. Don't plan on having a good conversation during peak hours.

We've been here multiple times and will definitely go again.

• Visited March 2014
“Super Addition to Castro Street”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Angelo Sannino has done it again. Doppio Zero is a wonderful experience with really authentic Italian dishes, many of the recipes taken from Angelo's days growing up in Naples. This is a not-to-miss experience. Angelo's partner, Johnny, and Angelo's brother, Alberto, add to the authenticity of this restaurant. Great pizza right out of a wood burning oven. It doesn't get any better!

• Visited March 2014