“Oh, the delicious aroma!”
Review of Hobee's

Hobee's
Ranked #75 of 326 Restaurants in Mountain View
Cuisines: American
Liberty, Missouri
“Oh, the delicious aroma!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My kids know to take me to Hobees whenever I visit Mountain View. And why? I love their blueberry coffee cake. The place is permeated with the smell which to me, makes everything they serve taste even more delicious.
Actually their menu offers a variety of breakfast and dinner food, all of it tasty. The staff is very cordial and the service fast, That's important when you are eating out with little ones.

• Visited July 2013

Mountain View, California
“Didn't Love the Famous Coffee Cake”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We came here because we had heard so much about the coffee cake. We expected to love the coffee cake and not love the food. It was completely the opposite!

I got the pruneyard ommie, but subbed turkey bacon for avocado (I'm a vegetarian!)-- no extra charge! It was amazing. The egg was so thin and perfectly cooked, the pesto was delicious, and every filling was perfectly balanced. Plus it came with a little piece of pineapple on the side! Tastyyy.

The coffee cake was only okay. The topping is good, but the whole middle and bottom is decidedly average. Not worth the calories, I think! I'd get the potatoes instead any day.

I wish their menu was a little more customizable and a little more vegetarian-friendly. And the decor is quite long-in-the-tooth, down-home, country family kind of atmosphere. Still, a good breakfast/brunch option in the Mountain View area!

• Visited May 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Get Breakfast!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A must get breakfast site for all! The best bang for your buck! I had an omelette filled w/ ham, cheese and all, and it was the best breakfast I had in Mountain View, CA. My Aunt ordered the French Toast which was a portion fit for an army. My Aunt insisted on taking home a piece of the coffee cake (center cut) and it was the best once nuked in the microwave. Staff was quick to help us and to place our order. Food came out quickly even though the restaurant dining area was full. They were very busy, but staff was very organized and fluent as I recall. No problems at all with the take out order and I'll return to Hobee's again sometime!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Brian B
Mountain View, California
“Great for weekend family breakfast”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

They were great with our kids, bringing out small plates of fruit in the shape of a smiley face immediately, cups of water with lids on, and paper/crayons to keep them occupied. We thought the food was fine - good value, decent nosh and lots of it. Just what a starving and jetlagged family needed on a Sunday morning. The blueberry coffee cake is amazing (and the servings are huge). Someone appeared every 5 seconds to fill our coffee cups.

I'm sure we'll be going back.

• Visited March 2013
Liberty, Missouri
“A best for Breakfast!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Whenever I'm in Mountain View, my kids know I'm going to want to stop at one of the Hobees. Sure, I'll be there for good eggs and all the fixings, but mostly those dishes are just an excuse to order a piece of their wonderful blueberry coffee cake. The place smells of it and all the other sumptuous aromas of homey food.
Service is friendly and fast; the coffee hot and plentiful. Yes, you're sitting shoulder to shoulder with other folks because these spots are small, but that only makes it posible to on occasion make a new acquaintance.
My grade school grandkids love it as much as their parents and I. Perfect for a family!

• Visited January 2013