“It's okay, but it used to be better”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #68 of 326 Restaurants in Mountain View
Cuisines: American, Bar, Mexican, Southwestern, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Diego, CA
“It's okay, but it used to be better”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Since I'm up in Mountain View frequently, I've been to this Chili's a couple of times. The food is very much like other Chili's. I've noticed that some of the food like the Chicken Caesar Salad is still very good, but I liked it better when the cheese was grated. I've always had to ask this Chili's as well as other ones not to put so much dressing. My husband really liked the Chicken Club Tacos. The Rib eye steak is not very good. . . .it looks and tastes microwaved. It used to be excellent. The loaded mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables are great. My son loves the chicken fried steak and so does my husband. I used to like their Southwest Vegetable Soup, but they replaced it with Chicken Enchilada Soup. It had vegetables and tortilla strips. I had a cup of soupl last night and it lacked the vegetables and the strips. It isn't worth getting. The ribs and fajitas are super.

I have to say that the service has always been good. I have been to several Chili's in several states. I only had bad service once and it was during a football game and the server was spending too much time in the bar watching the game. Most of the time the servers are refilling your drinks and checking on you. They are always very generous with the chips and salsa and frequently we take extras home.

1 Thank Alyne

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The only item I like at...”
Reviewed August 28, 2008

The only item I like at Chili's is the Carribean salad.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“An average Chili's. Tasty, but nothing incredible.”
Reviewed March 11, 2008

An average Chili's. Tasty, but nothing incredible.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food, speedy service, and open way later than most restaurants (10:30)”
Reviewed December 24, 2007

Good food, speedy service, and open way later than most restaurants (10:30)