“Great Food, Wonderful Service”
Review of Fiesta Del Mar - CLOSED

Fiesta Del Mar
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have been coming to this restaurant almost weekly for almost 20 years. With a name like Party of the Sea, you can guess that they specialize with fish and seafood dinners, but they have the rest of the Mexican recipe book. My favorite is their Mole Poblano dishes, which is an amazing brown sauce made with chiles and chocolate, but neither over powers. Also, while neither they nor I are Jewish, when I'm under the weather, they have a wonderful chicken soup that seems to have medicinal qualities. (Caution, I don't even play a Doctor on TV.)

If I had to say anything negative, the outside looks a bit like a burger bar, or luncheon place.

There are newer reviews for Fiesta Del Mar

Reviewed June 15, 2014

It's rare to find a Mexican restaurant with both good food and margaritas but FDM nails it. There are many great dishes but shrimp Alex is a favorite.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great Mexican food and a fun place too. A great chili relleno served in a non-traditional way; no batter. I bowl with a plain green chili stuffed wit cheese swimming in a great red sauce. Try it-you'll like it!
Delicious standard fare plus some specialities you won't find anywhere else. And all at reasonable prices.
Baby friendly. Outside patio so probably dog friendly too. I'd call ahead and check.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I used to live within walking distance and my husband and I would go there about once a week. I fell in love with their burrito, but my husband like the Shrimp Charlie. The food was consistently excellent and the staff were great. We got a lot of food for our money, as well.
Disclaimer: we moved in 2009

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Fiesta Del Mar and its sister in downtown Mountain View (the almost aptly named Fiesta Del Mar Too) both serve good traditional US mexican. You can mix and match your carbohydrate, meat, margarita and salad to your hearts (dis)content.

So it's very tasty!

The service is also efficient and flexible to your needs, but not exactly heart warming. This is a great above average mexican option; but really, don't take a date here :)