“Mountain View Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Upland, United States
“Mountain View Hampton Inn”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Really Nice hotel, amazing loby, rooms, and full breakfast. I have stayed here twice in the months of January and February and I have plans to return this area in summer and I will be staying at this hotel again. The staff is very helpful and polite. Access to interenet on my Iphone was great no problems. I recommend anyone coming to the Bay Area to consider this hotel. It's close to the BART system if you need it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Ross G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great stay in a clean hotel and clean room. Very comfortable bed and breakfast was better than your average yogurt and fruit. They had hot food as well. The only encouraging advice is to the hotel is to mention to the cleaning staff be considerate of the business guests who are still sleeping at 10am from working late at night. The cleaning staff were singing loudly in the halls in Spanish. I woke up smiling and went back to bed. I thought it was funny...The next guest may not find the same humor as I did. I loved your hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
California, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Victor at the front desk. Victor got out a map everytime we left to go somewhere and showed us how to get there. He was so nice greeted us by name everytime we walked in and out! He made my experience much better being that I was from out of town!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

U.S.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We picked this hotel because it is a five minute walk to my relatives. We prepared for a really bad experience and therefore were pleasantly surprised by the comfortable bed, relatively large room, and a good overall experience. Parking is free on site. The staff were unfailingly helpful and friendly. I liked the free tea and hot chocolate in the lobby, as well as the free cookies in the evenings. It looks like they also have free breakfast and free dinner pasta each day, though we didn't try them. The bathroom had a typical cheap hotel smell of residual paint fumes and strong cleaning products, but was clean and fairly roomy. One note to the management though--if you offer an environmentally friendly option of hanging up the towels the guests want to reuse, perhaps it would be good to install towel bars in the bathroom that can accommodate more than just two hand towels? Otherwise, there is no place to hang up the bath towels (clean ones are folded into cubby holes on the wall) so guests probably just throw them on the floor to be changed daily as a de facto option like we did.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Provo, Utah
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I travel to Silicon Valley for 2-3 nights at a time on work trip and this was my first time at Hampton Inn. It's pretty average. A good breakfast with fresh fruit, waffle, hot plate. Nice and clean. The room is modern and clean. The two things that bug me are the 1) poor, dim lighting in the room. 2) I may be spoiled, but I prefer hotels that have a separate couch/sitting area. Residence Inn an even Quality Inn have been very pleasant. Nothing really wrong, but I won't be staying here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mountain View, California
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I usually like Hampton Inns, which is why I picked this one. However, I was nauseous during the night and when I went out into the corridor it was flooded with smell of car fumes. Evidently the air intake was in the parking garage below the hotel and it brought vehicle exhaust into the hotel through the vents in the corridors. The next night I tried covering the door crack with tape on the sides and a wet towel below. Still the fumes came into my room and made me nauseous. I reported this to the desk, but evidently there isn't much they can do. In the future I need to ask each Hampton Inn if they have a parking garage below the building and avoid that inn if they do.

Room Tip: Avoid this Inn if car fumes affect you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Ash Fork, Arizona
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This place was really nice. The rooms were well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful, the location was convenient to the downtown area (you can walk there - it is about four or five blocks), and there is also a great little hole in the wall Chinese restaurant next door (take out there is awesome!). The hotel was under renovation while we were there, but they were super considerate about keeping the place clean. Breakfast was above average for a "free breakfast" and the breakfast staff was attentive and helpful. We will definitely be using this location again. We stayed here for almost two weeks. We had problems with kids waking us up one night and they immediately took that night off of our bill

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business