New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View

Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Mountain View
Sacramento, California
“Incredibly quiet and very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites at Moffett Field for New Years Eve. We had a dinner party in near-by downtown Mountain View, a short 4 block walk from the hotel if you care not to drive. The hotel is far from any freeway, so the traffic noise was non-existent. The room was spacious and bed and linens very comfortable. The room was big enough for a sitting area but there was only one side chair. The breakfast was good but the lobby is being refurbished so there was a bit of construction going. Nothing that should stop your stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you are a light sleeper, do not stay here. On the second floor, I could hear people walking up and down the hallway all night long (at first I thought it was the person above me but I now believe it was people walking on my floor). If the floor is that thin that you can hear the "thump thump thump" of footsteps in your room, you are not going to get a peaceful night's sleep.

The "breakfast buffet" and "dinner" was nothing impressive. In fact, I couldn't really eat "dinner" except for the nondescript "salad" of iceberg lettuce and cheap dressing. Breakfast was just as bad, although I loved the POG juice!

On the plus side, the room was a decent size and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Fortunately I was staying there for only one night, so I could deal with getting only three hours of sleep.

The rate is cheap so if cost is important, this hotel could be a good bet for you. I'm not so sure I'd recommend this hotel unless there is nothing else. I was not impressed. It just didn't seem to be a "business class" hotel that my office typically puts me in. With a lousy night's sleep, less than impressive breakfast and dinner options, I'm not so sure I'll return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and I must say, I was impressed.

The price is great. My room was spacious, clean and as expected for a Hampton Inn. I checked the bed for bed bugs--there were none to be found. They had complimentary wifi.

My only complaint was the bathroom. During my stay, they were in the process of remodeling, and when I tried to take a shower, brown water came out of the shower faucet. Upon alerting the staff, they informed me that they had shut off the water for a short period and just turned it back on-which is why it's discolored. Also, I pointed out that the tub was dirty from the dirty water. The staff fixed the water problem, and cleaned the tub for me instantly.

I'm very particular about cleanliness at hotels and the shower situation bothered me a great deal. However, I was pleased with the reaction time, and immediate turn around on fixing the issue.

My room included a continental breakfast, which was set up in one of their dining rooms. The breakfast was a buffet including boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, yoghurt, bagels and cream cheese, coffee, tea among other things. The selection was nice.

At checkout, I was given a discount to my room and apologies as well.

Overall, the experience was positive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ShopSD
Culver City, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Good rooms - clean and large. Nice staff. Not a luxury hotel obviously but a good place to stay with the kids for when you are in town to visit family in the area. Good breakfast buffet. Loved the breakfast to go bags for our car ride back home.

• Stayed November 2012
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for four days for business. The Hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and the room was comfortable. The breakfast they provided in the morning was good too. There are a lot of restaurants within a short distance of the hotel. It wasn't far from the San Jose airport and it was a great location for me to visit my clients in the surrounding San Jose, Sunnyvale, Moutnain View area. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Silicon Valley.

Room Tip: My room was straight ahead when you got off the elevator. I didn't have a noise problem at all.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Holiday, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for convienience quality cleanliness and a great price. My relatives enjoy the hotel as well when they are in the area. thanks for a great service. I dont have 200 character minimum to speak of.!! Nice breakfast, conference center and staff!

Room Tip: room by the back, easy out easy in --
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bydgoszcz, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Room was quite OK: big enough & well cleaned. However breakfast leaves much to be desired. The same for very, very small swimming pool. Quite good location - not so far away from the downtown and next to it there is grocery shop.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto
4.5 of 5 stars 719 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View? Share your experiences!