“Great staff, clean rooms”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and I must say, I was impressed.

The price is great. My room was spacious, clean and as expected for a Hampton Inn. I checked the bed for bed bugs--there were none to be found. They had complimentary wifi.

My only complaint was the bathroom. During my stay, they were in the process of remodeling, and when I tried to take a shower, brown water came out of the shower faucet. Upon alerting the staff, they informed me that they had shut off the water for a short period and just turned it back on-which is why it's discolored. Also, I pointed out that the tub was dirty from the dirty water. The staff fixed the water problem, and cleaned the tub for me instantly.

I'm very particular about cleanliness at hotels and the shower situation bothered me a great deal. However, I was pleased with the reaction time, and immediate turn around on fixing the issue.

My room included a continental breakfast, which was set up in one of their dining rooms. The breakfast was a buffet including boiled eggs, cereal, oatmeal, yoghurt, bagels and cream cheese, coffee, tea among other things. The selection was nice.

At checkout, I was given a discount to my room and apologies as well.

Overall, the experience was positive.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ShopSD

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Good rooms - clean and large. Nice staff. Not a luxury hotel obviously but a good place to stay with the kids for when you are in town to visit family in the area. Good breakfast buffet. Loved the breakfast to go bags for our car ride back home.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for four days for business. The Hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and the room was comfortable. The breakfast they provided in the morning was good too. There are a lot of restaurants within a short distance of the hotel. It wasn't far from the San Jose airport and it was a great location for me to visit my clients in the surrounding San Jose, Sunnyvale, Moutnain View area. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Silicon Valley.

Room Tip: My room was straight ahead when you got off the elevator. I didn't have a noise problem at all.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for convienience quality cleanliness and a great price. My relatives enjoy the hotel as well when they are in the area. thanks for a great service. I dont have 200 character minimum to speak of.!! Nice breakfast, conference center and staff!

Room Tip: room by the back, easy out easy in --
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Room was quite OK: big enough & well cleaned. However breakfast leaves much to be desired. The same for very, very small swimming pool. Quite good location - not so far away from the downtown and next to it there is grocery shop.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mGracz
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We needed a one night in Mountain View to visit a friend who has been at Stanford for 3 months. Hampton was more expensive than other hotels in the area, but walking distance from our friends apartment. That was a motivation to say there, as well as they include breakfast. I booked online with Hotels.com, and had no choice of beds. We were given 2 queens which were clean and comfortable. The room was very large, and even had a microwave and fridge. I would stay here again over the "cheaper" hotels in the area. Oh, the waffles and more were good too.

Room Tip: I think they are all good, no noise factors to be worried about.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank choirgirlcalifornia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights. Excellent location - close to 101/85, Caltrain station, and within walking distance to many eating options on Castro St. Large, clean room. Ample desk space to work. Good wifi. Good breakfast selections and can bring food back to room w/ trays. Had a room that faced Moffett, where there's very minor traffic noise in the morning (not sure why none at night). The only negative I'd say w/ this place is that the walls seem to be thin. Could hear muffled talking and snoring noises from neighbors.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business