“Fresh and well made rolls” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Hachi Japanese Fusion Sushi & Sake Lounge
Good for: Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: El Monte Ave.
Portland, Oregon
“Fresh and well made rolls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Nigiri here is always delicious and very fresh. Most of the specialty rolls are very good, and I appreciate that they are sized properly and hold together instead of falling apart.

We almost always order the same thing Sake Nigiri Maguro Nigiri delicious. Last time we order the Orange Blossom and Cherry Blossom rolls-both were really good especially the Orange Blossom. We get the Dragon roll often as well it is always good.

i will definately go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Mountain View, California
“We WILL be back here (and soon!) with or without friends, for drinks and small plates.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We came here late on a Saturday night. Didn't have a lot of options around 10:30 pm, but you don't need many when you can go to Hachi!

It's such an unexpectedly hip vibe... The exterior, next to a Domino's, in a tucked-away strip mall, you wouldn't expect the dim, neon lighting or the sweet beatz that are booming in the restaurant-- or the super-hip, stylishly dressed clientele. It's small, but well-designed, so you're not crammed at any of the tables.

The menu has a lot of variety, but my fiance and I decided to go for three of their specialty rolls: the mango shrimp tempura, the I Miss You roll, and the sweet and crunchy roll. We couldn't decide which one was our favorite, at all. The mango one was so sweet and delicious, the I Miss You was creamy and wonderful-- you could really taste the avocado and the salmon. And the sweet and crunchy roll was incredible; it had so much in it, and it all went together so well. We were licking the plate clean on all three, between full-mouthed commentary on how imaginative and unusual and special the three dishes were.

The waitstaff is really friendly, and the service is fast. We'd love to come back here with some friends for some drinks and small plates. Rephrase: we WILL be back here (and soon!) with or without friends, for drinks and small plates. (Maybe after the next paycheck though... the place is more than a little spendy!)

I Miss You, I Miss You roll! ...and the other ones I tried... and even the ones I haven't...

• Visited June 2012