“Decent, not overpowering”
Review of Shezan

Shezan
Ranked #103 of 326 Restaurants in Mountain View
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Mountain View, California
“Decent, not overpowering”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went with friends - 5 entrees (4 meat, 1 veg), Garlic Naan, Paratha appetizer, one drink each. Value was good - dinner for 4 was about $80 incl tip.
Lamb chops were probably the hit - very nicely done tandoori style, delectable. Service was a step behind, but helpful - we waited for water, drinks, and (strangely) the basmati rice came several minutes AFTER the entrees. Really?
Would go back if I was close - but competition in the Indian/Paki segment is pretty fierce!
If I had half stars, this would be 3.5 - but I can't go 4. :^)

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank David P

Santa Clara, California, United States
“Good and spicy”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had dinner last night at Shazan with a group of friends. The menu has just enough choices of lamb, beef, chicken and veggie dishes. Everything we had was good, although one lamb dish was more bone than meat. All of the food was spicy and the heat built up with the more we ate, so be prepared! We went through a lot of naan (which is excellent here) and ice water. The food came quickly and was piping hot. The staff was efficient and their only miss was we had to ask twice for a tea that was ordered.
The best part was the bill, 6 of us had several dishes, wine and beer and the total was $108.00 including the tip. Very affordable and we were all full when we left.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ljgracie
“Good Northern Indian Food”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Restaurant recommended by friends, and although I wanted to go to another restaurant on the same strip, I went to Shezan because part of my group was vegetarian. The food was well prepared and served with no frills, but excellent taste. We all shared!. BTW their sweet lassi is the best I have ever tasted. Price was very adequate.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Alexander D
Seattle, Washington
“Best Design food in California”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

The food, drinks and decor are all amazing. I loved mango lassi which not many restaurants can make well. The location is great also. Highly recommended place!

Bengaluru, India
“Good place, service and food”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I am a vegetarian, so will comment only on the vegetarian food here. The decor and ambiance is nice and the staff is prompt and friendly. Their menu is concise and has well selected and popular dishes.
My husband and I went there for an early dinner in early march this year. We are used to real spicy food, so I would say the food here was mildly spicy. The paneer dish and naan is really good. I can definitely say that the naan here was one of the best I have had.

• Visited March 2012