“Don't order the spinach salad”
Review of Ephesus

Ephesus
Ranked #17 of 326 Restaurants in Mountain View
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mountain View, California
“Don't order the spinach salad”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I had the spinach salad with grilled chicken for lunch. The chicken was bland and without flavor, and the salad had some rotten pieces of spinach in it. It was described as having cheese and nuts, but there was very little of either.

• Visited February 2014

Arlington, Virginia
“Good stuff”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I flew in late and wanted some dinner before heading to my hotel. Even though this place was closing they went the extra mile and made a plate of iskander kabob for me to take out. Hadn't had the dish for a couple years and theirs hit the spot.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank UA787
London, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant and quite cheap”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is a good Turkish restaurant at moderate price. Very good food and big portions. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. The bottle of Malbec was excellent. Very satisfied.

• Visited November 2013
Mountain View, California
“Tasty Turkish”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Lovely! Had lunch with my girlfriend and my four-legged best friend and enjoyed a table outside under the umbrella covering our table.

For our appetizer, we chose the Lahmacun ($5) which was delicious. A thin piece of lightly toasted pita like bread (with a little chew) with minced lamb on top, in the middle is a light salad we rolled into our torn pieces of Lahmacun.

My friend ordered Chicken Beyti and it was quite tasty. Not friendly if you're on a diet if you know what I mean. It would have been a tastier if the dough was cooked a little longer since it was a little too chewy and did not have a golden color to it but overall, quite a delicious dish.

I ordered the Vegetable Kebab entree and subbed salad in place of rice. Delicious! I asked our server if the vegetables are touched with butter, he reassured me they are not but there was a bit of a heavy oily substance on my plate too delicious to be oil. I CAUGHT YOU!! I know my butter!

Will definitely return for a lovely meal when the weather is just as beautiful outside!

• Visited August 2013
Zurich
“Tasty Turkish on Castro”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I come to Mountain View a couple of times a year and I always try and visit Ephesus. A good range of traditional Turkish/Med dishes. I love the Iskender kebap! Great value and the staff are well above average in terms of both knowledge of the food and courtesy, for the bay area. It's ranking is well deserved. They also have an excellent local Hefeweizen on tap.

Minor drawback, it's not a large place, and with hard surfaces all around it's not the place for a romantic conversation at peak times.

• Visited October 2013