“Good Restaurant”

Ranked #17 of 333 Restaurants in Mountain View
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My friend and I just wanted a small meal, so we tried the appetizer sampler. Everything was wonderful except the tabouleh, which seemed to have the ratio of bulger wheat and parsley reversed (i.e., way too much parsely). We also tried two desserts (sorry, I don't remember the names & they aren't on the online menu) that were wonderful. One was shredded phylo dough with goat cheese and the other was small puff pastry balls wtih chocolate sauce.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went for dinner last night and really enjoyed it. There is plenty of outdoor seating to enjoy nice weather. The food was a really good value. Had the lamb and beef gyros. Would have liked a fluffier sanwich bread but the sandwich was good. Hummas appetizer was also good. Loved the downtown area overall with free parking garage to accommodate.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The restaurants in this section of Castro Street are undistinguished-crowded together at street level, noisy, not bad usually but ordinary. Ephesus is the exception- good food, prompt and cordial service, varied choices, and reasonable prices. Hence, a 4 rating over a 3. There were several good vegetarian choices, including my eggplant imam. Definitely worth a return visit.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My daughter and I stopped for a late lunch on a Sunday afternoon. We sat outside in January and it was very pleasant. We began our meal with the Greek fries - $3.95 (topped with salt, dry greek oregano and feta cheese). They served Balsamic vinegar with them and they were delicious. My vegetarian daughter ordered the "Magluba" - cinnamon rice mixed with roasted eggplant & cauliflower, served with steamed veggies & tzatziki sauce) for $8.95 - she was clearly impressed with the amount of food (enough left overs for another lunch) and the flavor of the dish. Rarely, does she find a dish this good when eating out. I had the Lamb & Beef Gyro Wrap for $6.95 and added feta cheese for an additional $1. I am not used to beef with my gyros and did not think it added anything to the dish, however I ate the whole thing! Service was not overly attentive; food came out fast and this was by far the most affordable meal we had during my 6 day visit to the Mountain View/Palo Alto/San Fran area.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I ordered moussaka but what I received was not as described on the menu (this dish does not appear on the online menu but it was on the menu provided to us by the server and the reason I wanted to go to a Greek restaurant). What we received resembled a shepherd's pie with a hearty ground meat sauce...there was no eggplant to be found. I took one bite and then set my dish aside (it was full of meat, had no eggplant or any other vegetable). I flagged down the waiter to order the Greek Salad to replace the food I couldn't eat. I politely told the server that the moussaka didn't meet the description on the menu which was why I was asking for a different dish. He didn't offer to take it off the bill. The server promptly brought the salad. It was very delicious. We ordered tea and dessert as well. The Baklava was okay, not very fresh. The was impossible to drink because it came in a cup without a handle...hot tea means a HOT cup! The server didn't pay any attention to our table. Every time there was an issue...wrong dish, desire to order more food, tea not drinkable...the server was completely unobservant. I really wanted to like this restaurant because it had a nice ambiance but I have since returned to the competitor just a block down the road.