“Best hotel stay!!”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Fremont, CA
“Best hotel stay!!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Homestead Studio Suites in Mountain View recently and I have to say it was one of the most rewarding times in a motel we have ever had!! The rooms are very clean with all of the aminities of home that you could need. The staff is exceptional and the Manager Brandy will go out of her way to help you in any way possible if need be. Everytime I had to go into the office for anything, I was always greeted with a warm smile and made to feel very welcome.
This hotel is in a prime location within walking distance of a Walgreens, Smart and Final, eating establishments and a short drive to major grocery stores. The area is well shaded with a BBQ area and very minimal noise.
I know for our next trip to the Mountain View area, we will for sure be staying again in our little home away from home again!
Mr&Mrs H.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
It is with sincere thanks that we respond to your review of Extended Stay Mountain View. I am so glad to hear that our staff was accommodating and professional during your stay and that you found us to be just what you needed as your home away from home. We strive to provide the best customer satisfaction coupled with freshly appointed guest room accommodations that can appease even the most seasoned traveler. We are very centrally located as well to all the Mountain View area has to offer in dining, shopping and public transportation. Were so glad you found this to be so helpful during your stay with us. We do hope that you will return to see us if you are in our area again in the future. With our many thanks the Management at Extended Stay America Mountain View.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been staying at this location every couple of weeks for over a year. The rooms are well-appointed, the grounds are very enjoyable all the while being ideally located to numerous freeways. The staff is superb! I only stay one night at a time so don't let the "Extended" get in the way. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your review of Extended Stay America Mountain View. We are so glad to hear that you are a loyal guest who stay with us often. This must mean were doing something right. Thank you! It is guests such as yourself that make our job enjoyable every day. We believe in delivering excellence every day, every stay. We hope that you will continue to stay with us when your travels bring you to our area. We really enjoy seeing you each stay. With our many thanks the Management at Extended Stay America Mountain View.
Pismo Beach CA
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Let me start off by letting you know I am EXTREMELY picky - a terrible fault - but true. This hotel is a good value for your money considering the ridiculous room rates for many other hotels in the bay area. It is a very clean and well-kept building. The employees at this extended stay are simply perfect, everyone I came into contact with was very polite and courteous and showed a sincere concern for my comfort while staying at their property and each and every day everyone was welcoming, friendly and smiling. I have stayed at many establishments and I must commend each and every staff member on how remarkable they were!

The room was clean and spotless upon checking in and the bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby on it! My only disappointment was that the “free” breakfast was really nothing more than some hot water and instant oatmeal along with a few fresh fruits and granola bars so if you want a good breakfast you will need to travel off the property to obtain one. I would recommend this property to anyone that is traveling into the bay area and will be singing praises to everyone I see concerning this hotel because of the employees.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
I would like to extend my sincere thanks for your wonderful review of Extended Stay America Mountain View, California. It really makes my day to hear such great things said about our staff and property and even more so from someone who keeps such a high standard when traveling. I can tell with 100% certainty that we as the Management take great pride in our property to ensure clean, comfortable rooms at a value that can’t be beat. We also want to be sure each guest that comes to stay with us is treated as if they are a member of our extended family. Your comfort and enjoyment are key to making each day a success for us. I am sorry to hear that our newly appointed Grab and Go Breakfast wasn’t satisfying for you. We take all our guests comments to heart so that we can continually improve our hotels and amenities that will please each of our guests each stay. Thank you so much for input on that item. I hope that you will continue to enjoy all our newly refreshed properties throughout the United States while on your travels we have over 680 great locations to serve you. With Sincere thanks, The Management at Extended Stay America Mountain View, California.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have been "living" at this establishment for about three weeks while in town for work (chosen and paid for by employer). The room is what I expected for the price. It is clean, there are decent amenities in the room and the usual selection of breakfast items available at no cost in the lobby in the morning. The location is close enough to walk or take a short drive to a number of different restaurants, Walgreens, gas stations and some shopping. The TV channel selection is pretty sparse as is the selection of dishes and cutlery included in the kitchenette. The one thing that really stands out to me as excellent at this property is the staff. They are extremely helpful and a pleasure to interact with. I will say that even though it could be seen as a trivial issue, the WiFi in the room is horrible. I am actually surprised I am able to connect to the Internet to write this review. Included for free, the standard WiFi service is 1mbps and you can upgrade to 3mbps for $30 for a month. There are weekly and daily upgrade rates as well. When staying here for almost a month, 1mbps is absolute torture. Good luck trying to attach documents to an email, stream anything or even watch a YouTube video online without waiting endlessly for the video to buffer. I realize I could have upgraded my internet speed but I did not want to spend the extra money for something I felt should have been included in the first place. Again, not the end of the world but I am certainly looking forward to getting back to my own high-speed connection and hundreds of channels. If you are looking for a good place for an extended stay in Mountain View at a decent price, I would recommend this location. Thank you for your hospitality!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the side facing away from the Freeway. Also, second floor rooms would be prefer...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DoRiKiEv
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
I would like to personally say thank you for your recent review of our Extended Stay America Hotel located in Mountain View California. It is my pleasure to have you stay with us here and I am so glad that my staff has been so accommodating to you during your stay. That is what we strive for each and every guest stay, total satisfaction. I would like to let you know that we are in the process of installing an upgrade to the basic internet provided and this will be active in just a matter of weeks. We know how important staying connected is for everyone these days & with the guests comfort and ability to work from their room in mind we will get this up and running just as soon as we can for yours and others convenience. Thank you again for your kind words about my staff, I will definitely pass these nice comments along to them. Please do not hesitate to come by the desk anytime for anything, we are here for you! With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America Mountain View, Ca.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I picked this place because of its location, price and good reviews here. I was completely disappointed. There were fleas in my room. The first night, I could not believe it, and I thought its mosquitoes, next night I got bitten even more, and 3rd evening I could actually see them crawling everywhere. I went immediately to front desk and they gave me another room. That was good, thanks to receptionist who did not make me wait hours for manager. The new room had bad toilet smell, but bearable. The staff in general was nice and they seem to be taking care of the flea ridden room. But that did not help me, my whole 2 weeks were ruined. I had really bad bites for a week, and am still scratching all over after 2 weeks. They comped one night, which means I still paid for one flea bitten night. Then they kept saying its upto insurance, they will call, no one called. At $125 a night, not worth it at all.
Overall: below average place even without flea in my room, that just made it terrible. Staff is friendly though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Hiking01Glory
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service for all of our guests, which is why I was so proud to read your remarks in regards to the team. However, I am deeply saddened that your stay overall was not satisfactory.

Please know that the staff and I are extremely sorry and we do not take your experience lightly. We are working to correct the issue and were happy to extend complimentary night's at any of our properties around the US in the future. I do hope that you will give our hotels another chance, and stay with us again. It would be our pleasure to show you our redoubled efforts.

Travelers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

Mountain View, California
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Besides The Fact That There's No Pool This Place Is Awesome. Clean Inside And Out And Even-though That's To Be Expected, The Manager, Brandy.S Adds A Bit More Class To The Whole Experience.

The Most Refreshing Thing Is The Attitude Of The Staff. You Can Tell They Enjoy Their Work, And That's An Indication Of Great Leadership.

The Rooms Are Furnished With Class and Style... Right Down To The Bars Of Soap. It's Clear That They Have Thought Of Everything...Including The Silverware And Supplies For The Kitchenette.

I know this sounds odd, but Brandy And Her Staff, Including Perla...continue to make us feel welcome and our stay very enjoyable...As if We're Family Or Something. The Experiece Justifies The Cost...

Room Tip: Two windows bring in more light... so go for the corner rooms. But if you work at night and need les...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our property located in Mountain View, California. I am so pleased that we have been able to make you feel at home during your stay with us. We focus on providing over the top accomodations at a great value coupled with outstanding service each and every stay. I will pass along your comments about Perla to her and thank her for a job well done. It is our pleasure to have you stay with us and hope that you will allow us to continue to wow you at this location or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. Once again, my sincerest thanks for taking the time to write a great review for us. With Hospitality Brandy Sickles Area Operations Manager Extended Stay Hotels
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Hotel is too good for $100, this is my 4th visit and it has become a prefered hotel for me and my group from HP. Thanks a lot to Extended stay team, for your extended hospitality. It was Pleasent stay at your place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Mr. Thai - I would like to say thank you for taking time out to write a nice review for us here at our hotel, and for choosing to stay with us multiple times. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff thank you for your very kind words, and look forward to your next visit. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand location.