“It will suit your basic needs”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“It will suit your basic needs”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I booked a hotel here for a business trip, and found that it served its purpose quite well. It is clean, quiet, and I had everything I needed during the week that I spent here. The breakfast bar provides oatmeal, granola bars, some fresh fruit, and muffins, and two types of coffee. The staff was very pleasant and helpful at check in. For the "runner types" there is a trailhead to the Stephen's Creek trail less than 1/2 mile away, and it runs well past the big Silicon Valley corporations like LinkedIn, Google, and Microsoft, among others.
I would stay here again, because really....you only get a hotel for a place to sleep (and maybe cook)....if you want to have fun, you go out at night. This hotel is convient to San Francisco and Halfmoon Bay....both great places to visit while you're here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GreyhoundGirlie
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay San Jose - Mountain View . It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Booked this rate on Hotwire blind. The non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. There is no housekeeping - they do not clean the rooms daily. The highway noise is really loud. They try and there is a nice breakfast but there are better cheap hotels nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Abigail C
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America San Jose - Mountain View . Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.
In addition, we specialize in providing guests with the amenities and service they require for an enjoyable stay at an exceptional rate. In the case of housekeeping, our standard service schedule provides one full housekeeping after every seven days stayed, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates to which our guests have become accustomed.

Travelers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

mountain view, ca
Reviewed April 17, 2012

i moved into the homestead studio suites expecting to stay a few months. i ended up staying much, much longer. the staff is friendly and professional, the property is clean, and well-maintained, and the appointments are a great deal for what you get. i loved it so much that i'll be staying at another extended stay near boston while i shop for a house.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I booked this place blind on Hotwire and was very worried by the previous reviews. I was pleasantly surprised by by experience.The front desk check-in was fast and professional.

The property is in the process of renovation and my experience didn't match the descriptions at all. The room was clean, with new carpet, bedding. The bathroom was also clean with decent towels and modern fixtures. The kitchen was utilitarian and functional. What had been a sliding closet door had been replaced by a long curtain that matched the room's decor. The effort to update the room was obvious and decently executed.

So even though four stars might be a tad high for this kind of suite inn, it thought I'd give it a little bump to compensate for its bad review history. This place seems fine now.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank machen
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I recently had a really great experience at ExtendedStay Deluxe hotel, San Jose, CA.

The staff are very helpful & curteous. The facilities provided are really good at this hotel.

I will definitely stay her again when I come back to Sanj Jose.

-Chandra

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Stayed for 3 months, the booking was made by extended stay the corporate owner.
Extended stay contract called for a free room cleanning every seven days.
The Local managment charged $25 no mater how long you stayed.
My room was cleaned twice in 3 months.
Had to wash my own bed sheets, pillow cases.
At $2 a load to wash and 2$ to dry, whata difference in pricing.
They Charged me $37.55 a day, guese you get what you pay for.
Manager rude will often turn his back and walk away from you if you question the charges.
You must use the Rt85 and rt 82 interchange to access the hotel, El camino is a divided highway.
The entrance is just feet from the 85 exit ramp lots of cars in the wrong lane, going very fast.
A majority of the rooms are occupied by long term tennets. Odd cooking oders, used towels out on the walk ways. Garbage placed on the walks, not taken to the dumpsters.

If you can get a room for my price (stay over 30 days just grit you teeth and hope for better.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
China
Reviewed February 16, 2009

When I walked in this hotel, the receptionist did not greet or acknowledge. When I said why there is only one bed, he said he could do nothing. When I asked may I use your phone to call priceline 800 number, he said NO and asked me to use the pay phone outside and it was 10:30pm. He was rude and very unfriendly. After talking to his manager and finally I had to accept to pay $20+tax more for an upgrade to a two-bed room, he gave me the key to a one-bed room. Second time, he gave me a key to an occupied room with people in bed already. I was so embarrassed. Finally the third time he gave me the right room key after 40minutes checking process and it was a raining night and time was around 11:00pm. During this time he did not even mention a word for apology. This was Feb 12, 2009 night. I don't remember this particular employee's name but I am sure this is not a good hotel to the say the least. This is my worst hotel experience ever.

• Disliked — Very unfriendly staff (esp receptionist)
  • Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank xiaodian