“A nice and clean hotel with great staff”
Review of Hotel Strata

Hotel Strata
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
San Francisco
“A nice and clean hotel with great staff”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We've stayed here for New Year's Eve the past 2 years.

They have made some upgrades to the rooms from last year. We liked the hotel because the rooms are very comfortable, almost like home. The staff are very good, and listen to customer's input. Mr. Patel does a wonderful job of running the place, and he runs a tight ship. If you ever need anything, just let them know and they take care of it. The place is clean, too.

We had a pleasant surprise - we got 2 pairs of slippers for $1 each. There were GOOD slippers with real soles, not the el-cheapo ones that you typically get. Money well spent.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed December 1, 2009

I think you need to know that I am very critical about most places I stay in while traveling. I travel a lot and stay in all kinds places, but this has to be one of the best I've seen or stayed in. What an incredible find! In the heart of Silicon Valley there's a traditional older motel building, with rooms that open directly into the parking lot, that is the most amazing surprise. The landscaping was very colorful and neat, toning down the drabness of the asphalt that greets people outside their rooms. The rates were very good. The rooms were large and comfortable with up to date furnishings and amenities, and was immaculately clean. The wireless internet connection worked flawlessly, there was not only a good sized flat screen TV, but actual high definition reception and a DVD player. This is the first place I've stayed with a flat screen TV that actually had high definition reception. There was also a fully equipped small kitchenette, and an updated bathroom with plenty of hot water and great towels and amenities. The beds were very comfortable and the assortment of pillows were just right. In the morning there was an ample supply of healthy choices on the breakfast bar as well as the traditional things that Americans like to eat like eggs, sausage, sweet rolls, donuts, etc. There were several choices for coffee drinkers and good quality teas for those that aren't satisfied with the usual popular store brands of teabags. The staff were very personable in all areas of the hotel. There was also a great little pool and spa, and a well equipped and maintained exercise facility which I used daily. I would definitely stay here again if I find myself in Mountain View or Sunnyvale, and will definitely recommend this place to my friends and colleagues.

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank 8chel
Naperville, IL
Reviewed November 27, 2009

After reading about the #1 rating on this site, I selected this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. From the street, the hotel is not very inviting (and I don't know where they took the photo on the Holiday Inn web site), but once I checked in, I felt a little better. The staff was very friendly, there was even some free food and beverages at night and the parking in the courtyard was close to the rooms. The breakfast and coffee really were good and the waitress was very friendly. The rooms was clean with hardwood floors and good beds and Dish Network TV. The hotel is near downtown restaurants but not close enough to walk. The only downsides are that the wall AC unit is noisy and the rooms are a little loud. It's hard to believe that there aren't better hotels in this area that would be rated higher, but for the $$, I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank travelsalotoo
Seattle
Reviewed November 27, 2009

If you need a cavernous lobby, elevators, and romantic views from the room, try elsewhere. But if what you want is an exceedingly comfortable, spotlessly clean, well-managed place to stay at a reasonable price in Mountain View, you could not do better than Holiday Inn Express MV Town Center.

My wife and I spent 2 weeks here visiting family in the area. Our "King Executive" room, which appeared to be recently renovated, exceeded expectations. It was very quiet, contained an extremely comfortable bed, hardwood floors, HDTV with all standard cable channels including free HBO and a DVD/VHS player, a refrigerator, a microwave, and high speed Internet (both cable and wireless). Everything worked.

For exercise/recreation there is a medium-small heated pool and a small hot tub, all very clean and available from early morning to late evening. Above the pool area is a well-equipped exercise room. The included breakfast bar (6:30-9:30 am) consists of an impressive variety of breads, eggs, meats, cereals, juices, coffee, and pastries, constantly replenished by staff. An eating area with plenty of seating and a large TV is nearby. Free cookies are available in the afternoon and evening.

Among all the pleasant surprises of this inn, perhaps the most pleasant is the attitude of the staff. The General Manager, Mr. Patel, is as gracious as a proprietor of a well-run B&B, offering personalized greetings and helpful service to guests at breakfast, and participating in the other functions all day. During our two weeks, we think he never took a day off. The rest of the staff, from maids to office workers, were friendly and seemed genuinely happy working there.

All in all, behind the chain branding, this is a gem of an establishment.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
shreveport,la
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I recently stayed at the above mentioned inn while traveling for the government. I had some
communication with the inn prior to arrival and when my emails didn't arrive, I corresponded with the innkeeper on his personal email address, which he offered to me
to better accommodate our communication. Upon arrival, the staff was gracious,helpful and informative. Throughout my stay, they called me by name, asked constantly if they could
help,went out of their way to assist me and made me feel human, not an object to increase
the bottom line. I cannot remember having felt so welcome. The rooms are clean,quiet, and well stocked with amenities; the bed was firm, the pillows fluffy and actually excessive.
If you ever travel in the area, please consider this Inn. Mr Patel and his staff will not
disappoint.....I know I was thoroughly overwhelmed with the kindness they extended.
They assisted with transportation,dining, and shopping.
Bill O'Connell
oconelbill118@gmail.com

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Rocklin, CA
Reviewed September 5, 2009

We loved this stay. The staff was tremendously helpful and friendly. The bed was so comfortable that my wife and I are considering getting a new mattress at home. The room was spacious and well-decored. The bathroom was tidy and the shower comfortable. We also liked that local churches were mapped in the Directory of Services for easy access from the hotel. We will stay here again!

Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2009

I was so shocked to read the prior review. On our way to Stanford, we spent the night at this Holiday Inn Express. The entire facility was spotless. We had two rooms that looked as if someone had just moved the furniture in. The floor was wood, not carpet. The hotel has dish network complimentary. There are so many positives about this hotel. I'll list a few here. In both of our rooms we had a small stove, pots, utensils, a microwave and a refrigerator. We also had a machine that was used for pressing pants. The bathrooms were spotless. We did not take advantage of any of the rooms amenities except the bathroom and the beds since we came in around dinner time and left right after breakfast. Right down the street is a walgreens on the corner. We asked the hotel for a restaurant recommendation before we arrived, and they suggested the Mexican restaurant right next door. The food was plentiful and authentic with great service. We were there on a Friday night and there was live music in the restaurant. On Saturday morning we had the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast had hot and cold items. There was a female employee constantly cleaning up and replacing breakfast items. The lobby had a computer with free internet with a sign that said that no food or drinks were allowed near the computer. There was also a selection of tourist map attractions in the area to look at. If I had to say anything negative it would be that our room was in the parking lot for the Mexican restaurant. I would not say that it was unsafe or anything like that. From the lobby, you would walk past the restaurant into another building. We did not see an elevator, so we carried our suitcases up the stairs. I am not sure if there was an elevator, so you might want to ask about that if you need one. The drive to Stanford was very close. I would say no more than 15-20 mins maximum. I was concerned that we would hear noise from the restaurant, but our room was very, very quiet, and I am a light sleeper. Thank you to the management and staff for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
#3 of 18 in Mountain View
Hotel Zico
Hotel Zico
#4 of 18 in Mountain View

Been to Hotel Strata? Share your experiences!