“Not much to look at outside, but great room and great staff”
Review of Hotel Strata

Hotel Strata
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed March 9, 2009

A relative was having surgery so I took a room nearby using frequent guest points to avoid having to do an hour commute for each visit. The hotel is not much to look at outside. Two sections, separated by a Mexican restaurant that was well patronized, a small pool and a steaming hot tub which looked tempting on this rainy, chilly night. I received a warm and very efficient welcome in the lobby, which adjoins the area where a very liberal free breakfast is offered. Juices and sodas are available all the time and you can buy microwaveable meals.

So outside is a little plain. But INSIDE, my room was quite nice with beige wall covering, hardwood floors, marble where it should be, a pants press, microwave, hot plate, fridge, dishes and coffee maker (with coffee), a double-headed shower which made me wish I could shower with a friend..

What else? Fresh furniture, clean linens, both DVD and VHS players were hooked to the flat screen tv. The room was spacious and quiet, set back from El Camino. The Patels and staff running the place were extremely responsive, able to put me into my room even though I was there an hour before the official check in time. Towels, while thinish, were ample and the bathroom was well stocked with accessories (mouthwash, lotion etc). The kicker was that as a Priority Club member, I received a complimentary gift bag of two waters, some toothpaste and deodorant. Nice place!

The place is a little more expensive than some of the other nearby hotels, but worth the comfort and safety. They do offer an El Camino Hospital special rate which shaves their lowest internet rate by about $50 off the official lowest rate on their web site.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed March 8, 2009

We traveled with a group. The staff was great -- very helpful and eager to help.
There are 2 computers in the lobby for use by guests.
The breakfast was good, the rooms were nice and clean. We were pleasantly surprised.
There's a very good Mexican restaurant next door. There's an In-N-Out burger place down the block. Will definitely come back here again!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I just spent a week at the Holiday Inn Express Town Center. I just wanted to say how please I have been with my stay. Not only is the staff courteous, helpful and professional but the rooms are everything what I would expect from a 5 stars hotel. I travel lots in America but the service and facilities were far beyond my expectations. I wish the Holiday Inn Express the best for the future and hope that they become an example for the rest of the hostelry business all over the country.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2009

This is an excellent hotel located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Major things for me for hotels- cleanliness, staff, and value. This property meets and exceeds my needs for all 3 of these. The rooms are very nice- recently remodeled and very clean. The bed is VERY comfortable. It's actually better than my bed at home. Internet and breakfast are included in the rate as well. They don't charge extra for those things like many hotels too. Above all, the staff is very friendly and accommodating. If you need a good little hotel in the area, I would recommend this one.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2009

This motel is a step above the typical Holiday Inn Express. Hardwood floors and stylish room decor, a better than average breakfast buffet, very fast internet, and smart staff are enough to make this my regular hotel for the area.

Down sides include an awkward entrance to the parking lot: when north bound on Camino Real you need to make a U-turn at the next light.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2007

I can't tell you the last time I stayed at a motel and this was a little scary to drive up to. But as other reviews have stated, the staff was great and put me at ease right away.
The rooms are actually very nice but are caught a little between looking very modern/cool and still having the old stove and fridge.

There is a Mexican restaurant RIGHT next door that I really enjoyed. They made me feel very comfortable and had about 40 tequilas to choose from which is always a big draw for me. The food was just so-so but the experience was great.

Business center/area was nice and the breakfast was average but had everything you would need.

Recommend for business travelers, not for families with kids.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2007

My family (wife and two kids aged 8 & 5) stayed at the Holiday Inn express over the labor day weekend. We had a King suite. The room was decent sized, although if our kids were much older I think it would have been a little cramped. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. I was a little worried about the street noise since the hotel is on a pretty busy street, but our room was towards the back and we didn't have any noise issues.

The complimentary breakfast buffet was OK. They had bagels, cold cereal and frozen waffles/french toast that could be toasted. I've had better (and I've had worse). There really isn't anything you can walk to from the hotel, but it's a short drive to a lot of locations in the south bay, and it has good freeway access. There were two TV's in the room along with a DVD player which was handy, except that we had trouble with one of the remotes that they fixed once, but then it promptly stopped working again.

All in, I felt it was a pretty good value for the price.,

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Hotel Vue
Hotel Vue
#6 of 18 in Mountain View
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View

Been to Hotel Strata? Share your experiences!