“Friendly and attractive hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Strata

Hotel Strata
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Friendly and attractive hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in August. The staff were really friendly & very helpful. The room was spotless & comfortable. The breakfasts were plentiful and catered for a wide variety of tastes. The only thing we didn't use was the pool which looked a bit cramped. Very pleasant hotel & we will definitely be going back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear dunvant99,
thank you for taking the time to express your experience at our property, and we are happy to hear that you will be staying with us again on your next trip. We realize that there are many choices in Mountain View and surrounding cities, and we thank you for your patronage and giving us the opportunity to serve you.
We do realize that our pool is not large, so we have taken the initiative to close it soon and transform into an outdoor seating area, with shade and welcoming atmosphere, where our guests will also be able to eat their breakfast, or relax during evening time. This will also help us save water during these trying times in California.
Once again we thank you and look forward to your next visit.
Dilip R Patel, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Just called this hotel to book a room. The receptionist was rude and said she couldn't hear me. I found this odd because I've been using the phone all morning, and nobody else complained about not being able to hear me. Regardless, she had no patience and abruptly hung up on me.
I won't be booking at this hotel ever.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear Rahim P,
I am sorry to hear about your experience with our property. With respect to our front desk, who could not hear you, could be possible on our side and not your phone. However, I sincerely would like to discuss this matter with you personally, since I want to get to the bottom of this issue. I am at the property every morning from 7:30am to 12 noon, and if you will kindly call me at the hotel, I want to find our, when this issue happened so I can narrow down the front desk staff who took your call.
I do hope you will give me an opportunity to hear you and take measures, so this issue does not happen again.
Harvard, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I love this place. I recently stayed for a week.

I give it 5 stars for the value, competency of the staff and amenities for the price point.

The staff is phenomenal. Every one of them. They really care about providing a good experience, are all smart, and sophisticated. Not what I expected for checking in to a small-ish motel.

The fixtures in the room were all beautiful. I loved the separate sink from the bathroom. Everything functioned perfectly. And everything was extremely clean and well cared for.

I am a light sleeper and was worried about both road noise and the A/C noise. Unlike many places, the HVAC can be set to have the fan always on (whether it needs heating /cooling or not), which provides good white noise. The place was extremely quiet. No late-night door noises from adjacent rooms.

The breakfast is very nice for a small place. Good choices, whether you want to eat healthfully or heartily. And the woman working that area was charming and sweet.

I took advantage of the fitness center, because it was well appointed. Everything you would need, including dumbbells.

They even have 5 bikes to use. It is a fun way to go to Downtown Mountain View for a meal, or just see the nice neighborhoods nearby. They have bike locks to use as well.

Thanks to all the staff for making my stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms will avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Msevigny
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Msevigny,
it truly gives a pleasure to thank you for your review of our property, services and amenities. We are glad that our newly done rooms have met your expectations and are happy to see that everything we have done in our rooms had made your stay pleasant and memorable. Comments like these gives us the strength to continue improving in every way possible. We believe in keep evolving with changing times and changing guest needs. With your positive comments, we would also love to hear from you, no matter how trivial, suggestion to improve our property.
We are also truly blessed with the team, who love what they do and enjoy giving guests the best possible service.
We look forward to your future stay and hopefully share with us any suggestions, you might have, thank you.
Dilip R. Patel, GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've stayed in plenty of places around the area, but this is the one I keep coming back to. From the outside Hotel Strata looks like a fairly normal Silicon Valley hotel. The rooms are neat and tidy and comfortable, with nice wooden floors. What really makes the place great, though, is the staff, who are some of the most helpful and welcoming I've ever found at a hotel. Nothing is too much trouble, whether it's change for the laundry or a shuttle ride to the office or taking delivery of packages on your behalf, and it's hard to emphasise how important that is when you're tired and jetlagged and away from home. It's run by genuinely nice people who work hard to make everything just work, and I'm looking forward to a return visit next week.

Oh, and one more thing - it also has an In-N-Out about 100 metres down the road, which means there's finer dining available here then in many a five-star hotel at a fraction of the cost! What's not to like?

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Mike K
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Mike K,
We are extremely glad to see your review, and are happy to see that we have met your expectations in service. All our staff have one thing in common, and that is they love what they are doing here and they truly believe in giving guests genuine service with heart. And I am glad that we have achieved that. One thing is for sure, we will continue improving and we hope you as one of our repeat guest will always keep us on our toes, and never hesitate to let us know, if we are faltering in anyway.
I am also presuming that you had stayed in our second building, since you did not mention our newly done rooms in the first building. We will be tackling the second building end of the year, and I can assure you, we will have rooms second to none. We do hope on your next trip, we can assign you one of the newly done rooms, so you can experience all the comforts of a six star hotel. We look forward to your next visit and to personally thank you for your comments.
Dilip R. Patel, GM
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have stayed at Strata over a dozen times and I am never disappointed! The rooms are newly renovated with beautiful décor and modern technology. I really like the hardwood floors instead of carpet like most hotels. The bathroom is very spacious and the shower is the luxurious! It has a huge round ceiling head along with a slide bar hand held shower. One of the best features is the glass enclosure surrounding all the exterior rooms. This is the only property in the area that has this feature. This feature alone sold me on this property because of the extra layer of safety.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Location
1 Thank TRW524
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear TRW524,
Thank you for taking the time to put your review about your experience at our property. We are glad that our new rooms have met your expectations. We are still waiting for our new furniture and once everything is done, we will have rooms that no property will have. We thank you for your continued support and we look forward to your future visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have stayed at Hotel Strata twice and the experiences have been better than expected. The service is simple yet powerful with staff taking care of every need. Full marks to the staff for being there everytime. My next stay also is going to be at Hotel Strata.

Room Tip: Just let the staff know and rest assured.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Aarti B,
We are glad to see that we met your expectations and also for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you multiple time. We hope to continue serving you on your future trips, if we can assist you in anyway, please contact us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Strata! This place never makes me feel that I am out from my home.. I can't imagine best hospitality, service.. that any hotels can give... I have visited Mountain view 6 times all the time I have stayed in Strata... its so comfortable that I can't even thinm to stay or afford to stay in different hotel...

You should experience the hospitality, service... you should take a chance and I bet you always want to stay in this place whenever you visit MV :)

Ohh yes! Dont foget to enjoy buffet breakfast its one of the amazing breakfast you never want to miss :)

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Roopa H
Dear Ms. Roopa H,
I want thank you for being our most frequent guest and also thank you for taking the time to express your opinion about our property. We are glad that we have always met your expectations and we hope to continue improving in all areas. Please never hesitate to give us your suggestions to improve our property.
Once again thank you very much, and we look forward to your future visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Hotel Strata? Share your experiences!