“Very well run hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Torrance, California
“Very well run hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

The management takes a very hands on approach and it is reflected in the friendliness and professionalism of the staff and the quality of the rooms. From the time we checked in until we departed we felt we were special guests. The breakfast was excellent and the manager seemed to be everywhere showing a genuine interest in making our stay as good as possible. The room was well appointed and very comfortable. The only adverse comment we could possibly come up with is that the guest room buildings were separated and it would be a little inconvenient in adverse weather. Other than that, our stay was better than I have experienced in other hotels in the area. We have family in the area and I will be making the Strata my regular place to stay when we visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Mr. Bill W.,
We would like to thank you for your review of our performance and quality. Most of all we are happy to hear that we met your expectations, and we promise you that we will continue improving in every area. We do also realize that due to the way our property is built we have two separate buildings with the restaurant in between. To assist our guests during adverse weather we do place umbrellas for our guests at every entrance to assist them to come to the main building, or use it during their stay to move around town.
We are always looking forward to any suggestions or comments you might have to improve our services or amenities, please do not hesitate to contact us. We do look forward to your future visit and serving you.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Upon check in, we were given goody bags of granola bars and product samples, which I did not expect. Our room had a full kitchen, which was another surprise. The staff here are excellent and very pleasant to interact with. There was also a great spread for breakfast. I certainly did not expect to see packets of instant miso soup with nori to go on the side!

The room itself was a mixed experience. I like that access to the second level of the hotel, which has a motel layout, was restricted to those with room key access. The room had a mix of old features with modern furnishings. Our bathroom counter looked very dated, as if it was falling apart, but during breakfast one of the staff had asked us for feedback and input, and informed us that the hotel was undergoing renovation. I could picture a comfortable extended stay here.

Room Tip: Expect a mix of old and new while the facilities are undergoing renovation, we had a widescreen tv b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Ms. Elizabeth T,
thank you for writing about your experience at our property. We are glad that we met your expectations, in some ways exceeded them and we are sorry that, in some matters we fell behind. To rectify our faults we have taken measure to improve on it and come up with a solution that will take care of all our previous shortcomings and give our guests a wonderful place to stay with a memorable experience. We thank you for letting us know, that you will definitely consider staying with us in future, and we do look forward to your visit.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I would classify this as an upscale motel, certainly better than any other motel (and some hotels) I've visited. Em's welcome was warm yet professional, immediately let me know I'd made the right choice. Unit was very clean with lots of thoughtful extras that made for a comfortable stay (toiletries, coffee maker, slippers, robe, etc). Good breakfast. No view to speak of, A/C unit was effective but very loud. Check in and check out were a breeze.

Onsite Mexican restaurant was just ok, but convenient. Other restaurants are within a five minute drive of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Livetowander,
It is a pleasure to have your review of our hotel, from an guest who has traveled the world. We sincerely appreciate your positive comments, but lost of all we appreciate your comment about the room air-conditioner. We realize that this is one of the situation with almost all properties with PTAC units. We at this property have already started to address this issue with more other areas that we have heard from the guests. We invite you to come and stay with us and let us put you up in one of our new rooms within few months and we would like to have your comments again, to see if we have addressed the issue properly with many more other upscale amenities. When you make a reservation at our property, please contact me personally, so I can assign one of the new rooms.
Once again, thank you, and we look forward to your future visit.
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

My daughter & I stayed here for 5 nights in August 2013. Hotel Manager, Dilip, is a master of customer service and has trained his staff to be the same. He greeted me every day and wanted to make sure everything was good. During my stay, the entire 1st floor rooms were being renovated (actually gutted to the walls to add sound barriers). Dilip told me they renovated a couple of rooms, and then had guests stay in them and give feedback for improvement before they continued on with more rooms. The exercise room is the best I’ve seen in a hotel with many amenities and it’s about to get better – Dilip says they are removing the mostly unused pool and putting a larger exercise room in that space. He asked my daughter for any suggestions since she is an avid work out person and used the exercise room. She actually didn’t have anything to add since it was already well stocked with machines, free weights, medicine balls, towels, water, etc. The breakfast is very good (coffee/late machine is fab!) and they also have free food items and drinks available 24/7 - loved that! The hotel is very attractive from the street and the lobby area is very nice and modern (although small). I absolutely loved how they enclosed the exterior room doors by adding a walkway ‘screened’ in by glass walls and keyed entries. My daughter & II felt very safe. The surround area is nice. I loved my stay here and my only complaint is that I had to check out!

Room Tip: We stayed in #107. It and #106 (I think) had not been renovated (though I didn't even realize th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Ms. Wendy,
we at the Hotel Strata would like to thank you for taking the time to express your opinion of our property. We are glad to have met your expectations and look forward to your future visit. We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you and should you have any suggestions or comments to improve any part of it, no matter how trivial it may be, please let us know, so we can keep improving with changing guests needs.
Once again thank you.
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Was traveling to Northern California and needed to stay in Mountain View... I went on Expedia.com and read the reviews for Hotel Strata, so I booked there. What a great find.

The hotel is simply a hidden gem located in the quaint part of downtown Mountain View on El Camino. You'd never know it because it wraps around a restaurant, but it's new, modern, has all the conveniences you could want, whether you're traveling on business or a couple looking for a weekend getaway, and the staff is very friendly. They're responsive.

What I liked best was the fact that it had a full kitchenette, nice sitting area, substantial bathroom and amenities, and satellite HD TV with about a 75 channels. The room was spacious and well-appointed, and was the best-lighted hotel room I've ever stayed in. Well done on all levels.

My only two complaints -- the walls are thin by the adjoining doors and they need to subscribe to the Golf Channel (I'm serious).

Overall, a winner and a place I will definitely stay at again next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side of the hotel are directly across from the side entrance to the Mexican resta...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Paul M
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Mr. Paul M,
we sincerely appreciate your review and thank you for your suggestions and tips. We are glad to have met your expectations and look forward to your future visit. As we do our room renovations, we will be addressing the issue about the adjoining room doors and also the transfer of noise from one room to another in this room.
Should you have any further suggestions to improve our services or amenities, please let us know. Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

So for my wife and I wedding anniversary she surprised me with tickets to the Ryan Bingham concert at the Shoreline Amphitheater. I am very loyal to Embassy Suites because I know exactly what I am going to get. However there was no Embassy Suites close enough to the concert. So I jumped on Tripadvisor and started checking around. I found hotel Strata and read the reviews and saw all the reviews were about the same. I took a chance booked a room, which the price was very comparable to other hotels. We got there the day of the concert and could tell that the hotel had recently just been updated and new. We met Mr. Patel who was very friendly and helpful and I explained to him why I was there. Mr. Patel ordered a cab for my wife and I to pick us up for the concert. We got up to our room and after a few minutes Mr. Patel called to see if we needed anything, Awesome! Then Em, the other receptionist showed up at our door with a bottle of Moscato for our anniversary! More Awesome! The rooms were remodeled and very clean. You could tell they pay attention to detail in the rooms. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Made our way over to the concert which was great. Just FYI the taxis charge by the time, not the mileage, so it was about $20 each way to the concert, which is about 3 miles away. There was a complimentary breakfast which had all the fixings for everyone. The staff was very helpful and they knew my name and who I was as soon as I walked in the door. I only stayed one night but I am planning on attending more concerts in the future I am definitely going to stay at the Strata. Don't judge a book by its cover, this is the place to stay if your in Mountain View. Keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Mr. Isidro,
We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and most of all we are glad to have met your expectations. We also would like to thank you for giving us comments about our service and also for Em. We are very happy to have employees like Em on our team.
We are also fortunate enough to be part of your experience on a very important day of your life, and we look forward to your future visit.
Laguna Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was our second time at his Hotel. Mr. Patel and his staff were exceptional. Any suggestions and recommendations we needed, they were helpful and accommodating.

We both thank you for your exceptional service and friendly atmosphere. We will return in the near future. Keep up the good work!

Paul Shelley and Ted Mowery
Laguna Beach, CA

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Mr. Shelley and Mr. Mowery,
It is our pleasure to be of service to you both. Your feedback has been very valuable to us and will always look forward to your visit. Please feel free to let us know how we can keep on improving on our service and amenities. My staff and I thank you for putting up your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Hotel Strata? Share your experiences!