Hotel Strata
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
$259
$194
Hotel Vue(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
$229
$206
Official Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
$309
Hampton.com
Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
$237
$231
$239
Hotels.com
$185
ExtendedStay
Hotel Zico(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
$294
Super 8 Mountain View(Mountain View)
$134
$129
$161
$369
$313
Residence Inn
All reviewsheated bathroom floorsmr patelshuttle servicemexican restaurantstate of the artrain showerbig tvfeel homehigh techpancake machinethought of everythingwonderful hotelhotel experiencecomfortable staythe entire staffgreat amenitiesyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The rooms are super quiet and comfortable. Love the hardwood floors. Service is top notch. I travel to the area regularly and they know me by name. Will always do whatever it takes to ensure I am satisfied. Highest recommendation, one of my favorite hotels anywhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TownCenter, Director of Sales at Hotel Strata, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear SethOR,
Thank you for making the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. It is guests like you that keep us motivated to continue to evolve to exceed our guests' expectations.
We look forward to your future trip to Mountain View.

Kirit

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel is perfect, people there treat you as family and make you feel like home. Very nice breakfast and provide shuttle service to Google and other places. Greetings from now and then to make sure you can get the best UX.

• Stayed: February 2013
TownCenter, Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Brian_liang-Ni,
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay at Hotel Strata and look forward to serving you on your next visit to Mountain View.

Management

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is not a hotel, as others have noted. Granted access to the outside corridors is key controlled. My wife began unloading the car while I checked in, only to find out that we were in the "annex" to which we had to drive by going back onto El Camino Real and around the restaurant which separates the main part of the hotel from the "annex". No luggage cart was available, but it wouldn't have made any difference because there are no elevators. (Our two room queen suite was up some stairs). The service is excellent as others have noted and the front desk person offered to help with luggage, but he appeared to be the only person on duty so I don't know how he would have managed to do that. Impressively, he remembered having spoken with me two weeks prior regarding our reservation; the web site was showing a 14 day advance discounted rate and when I went back to it, still 14 days in advance later that evening, it was no longer available, but he honored it. The suite was nicely appointed, with two large flat screen tvs a plus, as my wife wanted to watch her Lifetime shows while I watched previews of the Super Bowl on the Bay Area stations (apropos for someone who grew up in the East Bay, went to my first Niners game with my dad in 1957, and watched their last Super Bowl win in 1995 with him in what turned out to be the last football game he watched.) Take out food from the Mexican restaurant situated between the "main" hotel and the "annex" was good and reasonably priced. The complmentary breakfast was hit and miss. The usual "expanded continental breakfast" fare looked to be fine (cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, etc.) but the eggs and sausage were sub par. Freshly brewed by the cup Starbucks coffee and fresh orange juice were a plus.

Besides the layout the major negative was the incredibly poor sound proofing between floors. Our suite was right on El Camino Real, an extremely busy street. The rooms in the main hotel are all somewhat set back from the road, but not the "annex." The worst was yet to come, however, as a family checked in around 11. (We were trying to get to sleep as we had driven about 4 hours that day, staying in Mt. View on our way back from visiting my mother in law further south; planning to visit my elderly relatives Sunday and get home in time for the SB kickoff). The kids upstairs sounded like a heard of elephants, running back and forth, but even ordinary conversation was audible. Finally we called the desk. We would have heard the phone ring upstairs if he had called the other guests but not long after that (apx. 12:30 am) the noise began to abate. For $260, including $35 for our dog, I would have expected more; this is the same price we had paid on a trip with the identical itinerary at the four star rated Kimpton Cypress in Cupertino for a two room suite (free for the dog and, like the Strata, free parking but unlike the latter, the option of bell service or self serve with a luggage cart). There simply is no comparison between the two. The ratings are the highest I've ever seen for a property on Trip Advisor, which is simply incomprehensible. Yet, in good conscience, I can't give it a "poor" overall rating, but do emphasize that there's a reason for the 2 1/2 star "hotel class" assignment (which is the same on Expedia, etc.). Location rating is a mixed bag; it is convenient, but too close to a busy street, and if you're in the annex, to access the lobby, you have to walk through the parking lot of the restaurant, dodging broken glass here and there. There is no room service and we did not use the outdoor pool/spa.

Room Tip: As far toward the back of the property as possible and avoid the annex.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
TownCenter, General Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Sir,
We thank you for taking the time to put your review on Trip advisor.
Although, we would have liked better rating from you, we do appreciate your candid remarks and opinion. Since these are the reviews help us in improving our services and property, taking care of situation, which really matters to our guests.
We do realize that we do have two separate buildings with a restaurant in between, unfortunately, we cannot do anything about joining both buildings, we will be addressing the issue for our guests not have them drive on the El Camino Real to the other building. We will be having a drive through area from the main building to the second building without having to go on the main street. We are also planning to install elevators on each building to address the issue about carrying the luggage through the staircase. Installing elevators does open up other issues and it does take more planning and time, so within few years we will have these elevators installed. In the mean time, even though we have one person at the desk, our staff is trained in assisting guests with their luggage up the staircase,. Our staff member did extent assistance, but you had declined to get help. We thank you for taking into consideration that the staff member was alone, but that person would have helped you.
With respect to our breakfast, being a limited service property, we do serve quite an extensive Hot Buffet Breakfast with more amenities than any limited service property in the area. We even have Gluten free breakfast items, soymilk and even variety of breakfast items with different diets. We can, in-fact no limited service properties can come close to a good restaurant made to order breakfast. But please do remember, we are not allowed to cook breakfast at our property due to health regulations, and also restaurant breakfast will cost you close to $35.00 for the items we serve, which is complimentary.
Lastly with respect to the noise, although the room is located very close to El Camino Real, it is very well insulated from the outside noise, but, the noise from the top floor is a situation which are addressing in our next renovation. We will be putting in sound reducing ceilings in all downstairs rooms, which will reduce 80% of the noise.
We really want to thank you for bringing the issues we should address, and as you can see we are in process of curing the situations. Thank you again for bringing the issues in forefront for us and also for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Yes - it has the layout of a motel. But my experience at the Hotel Strata was absolutely awesome -- the best hotel experience I've ever had in Mountain View. Staff was delightful, providing a lovely welcome bag upon my arrival with a bunch of amenities. Room (a mini-suite, located in the annex) was extremely comfortable, clean, and well-appointed -- the giant LCD TVs are a fun touch. The bed was absolutely perfect, with super soft linens. I very much enjoyed the (surprisingly expansive) included breakfast, which I was able to bring back & enjoy in my room. Bravo Hotel Strata! I'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dagdagan
TownCenter, Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Dagdagan,
Thank you for your kind words on Tripadvisor about your experience at Hotel Strata and we look forward to serving you on your next trip to Mountain View. It means a great deal to the Staff at Hotel Strata when guests like you take the time out of their day to write kind words about their experience with us.
This only inspires us to continually improve our services and amenities to cater to each guest's needs.

Management

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My manager usually stayed at this property and so I decided to check them out on TripAdvisor first. When I read all the reviews, I told myself, this is unreal, you can't have a place that everyone raves about. It isn't possible! I booked the rooms online (took literally 5 mins on their website), got the corporate discount applied promptly and our reservations were done. At the last minute, we had to extend our stay by a day in advance and I sent them an email, and it was done! :) All this is before I've even reached the hotel!

The hotel location is easy to find. Cabs from SFO airport take an average of $100-$130 to get there. If you plan to work from/stay in Mountain View for long (and know how to drive in US), it's best if you can rent a car at the airport and drive down rather than taking a cab. We rented a car at Avis the day after we arrived and that worked out much much cheaper. Plus Avis also allows you to drop off the car at the airport so you can save on cab fares both ways. There's Castro Street a couple of streets away from the hotel where you can find many restaurants to dine at. The hotel also has a handy list of restaurants that you can call up and get food delivered to your rooms.

We chose the 2 Queen Bed room (2 of us were sharing the room). The room was super spacious, with a closet, decently sized kitchenette complete with a 4 burner gas stove, plates, cutlery, a refrigerator, microwave, coffee kettle! The bathroom again was smartly designed with the bathtub quite a distance away from the basin. They had a work desk with a portable laptop stand (to work from the bed)! What I loved was the ample plug points that they had provided for! It's so convenient when you don't have to hunt for points in the rooms. The lights had switches at the right heights and the right places too (I've stopped taking this for granted ever since my last few trips where the electrical layout is often the most poorly designed in the rooms). Their breakfast spread is delicious (try the pancakes, I gorged on the cinnamon raisin bread with cream cheese spread each day), the pantry in the lobby has coffee, tea and some cold snacks like yogurt and buns in case you need a midnight snack!

But you know what you'll remember when you stay here and when you leave? Their service. If there was one word I could attribute to what I experienced here, it was "home". Everyone welcomes you with a genuine smile that goes beyond the 'How're you'! Dilip Patel, the GM is the most humble, courteous person I've met! He actually greets all guests during breakfast and is looking to make your stay better! On our first day to work, we got lost (Yay for GPS-based directions that don't work!) and after a few wrong attempts, we gave up and called him for help, instead of taking the easy route by giving us more instructions, he actually drove to us and led us to our office! I don't know anyone else who would've made that choice! They also offer a shuttle service to get you to work (and of course to bring you back) as long as you confirm it with them in advance.

I know my review sounds like I'm overtly excited (with all my exclamation marks) but seriously, this has been the best ever service I've experienced so far! Thank you Dilip, Kirit, Em (and I'm forgetting everyone else's names but know that I thank you guys!)

Room Tip: - Choose a room on the first (ground if you're indian) floor if you have heavy luggage (I don't think they have an elevator to the second floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Ayesha,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Hotel Strata. It was a pleasure meeting you and your team and look forward to serving you the next time you are in Mountain View.

Kirit