“Wonderful hotel stay”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Rural Valley, PA
“Wonderful hotel stay”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We did an 8 night vacation in the San Francisco area - total of 5 different hotels. This was by far the nicest of the hotels we have ever stayed during any of our vacations. I was extremely impressed with the hardwood floors. It made everything seem so much cleaner. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast alone was worth it. Hot buffet, cold items, sweets, fruit, everything you can ever want on a breakfast bar. With the cost of meals, this saved us money. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Easy access, friendly atmosphere, extremely clean rooms. Wish all hotel rooms were like this!

Room Tip: Even if this hotel is within a 1/2 hour of where you need to be, it is worth the drive. Don't h...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 3 nights during a business trip to Mountain View. It is conveniently located at the El Camino Real with close access to all major freeways in the area and Mountain View's downtown area with restaurants and bars. The welcome in the hotel was very pleasant. I was given a welcome bag with water, toiletries, sweets and other goodies which I had never experienced before (maybe that's just because my company has special deals with them, no idea). The room was very big with a big bathroom, a big flatscreen TV with DVD player, Wifi and breakfast were included in my room rate. Wifi worked really well and breakfast was good with a choice of hot items, bagels, cereals, toast, pancakes, fruit, juices and tea or coffee. It was self-service in the lobby and you could just grab stuff and take it to your room. Coffee, cookies, cereals, yoghurts and other stuff was available throughout the day, so I always grabbed a coffee to go or something small to eat once I got back to the hotel from work. The hotel also has a small pool area, but you can hear the street noise, so not really a place I'd go to relax. The hotel's small gym was also quite convenient, but you have to be lucky to go at a time when it is not too busy and the machines are not already taken. The hotel itself is laid out motel like, so all rooms open towards the parking lot area. I got a room on the ground floor which was quite dark, unfortunately, and I had to keep the blinds closed to avoid having passers-by to look into my room. It was also quite warm and stuffy, so I had to keep the A-C running at all times. Otherwise, I can highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
TownCenter, Director of Sales at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dulin 38 thank you for taking to time to write your review on your experience at our hotel. We are going to becoming a "unique hotel" and will be called Hotel Strata from October 1st and we will also be enclosing the building so that people cannot enter the walkways without a room key. We are also going to be redoing our rooms and that includes resolve the lighting issue as well.
We look forward to serving you next time you are in Mountain View.

Management
Delhi
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I visited SF in Oct 2011 and was very happy to have stayed in this hotel. It's pretty close to the surrounding tech companies and has an amazing staff to care of you. HIGHLY recommended for ppl travelling as couples or on a business trip. The guy (young fellow) who runs the hotel is extremely accommodating. He even offers to drop you if you're late to office and also helped with a courier that I wanted to send urgently. Superb experience!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
ShilhaPDelhi,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write your review; I appreciate it very much.
I look forward to serving you next time you come to visit Mountain View.

Management
Thayne, Wyoming
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I recently had to go to Mountain View while a family member had heart surgery at Mountain View Hospital (a great hospital!!) The room had a kitchenette, that was a bit dated but okay, but the rest of the room was lovely and relaxing. Hotel manager (owner?) and staff were wonderful. They put on a terrific breakfast, very well stocked, and seemed sincerely interested about my family member and inquired daily about their progress. Would definitely stay there again if in the area. Also, just a short drive to the hospital.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I expected a typical Holiday Inn and was very surprised to find a much more upgraded room--fully equipped kitchen (fridge, microwave, oven, stove), huge flat screen TV, very large room, large bathroom, a pants presser! and more. This seems like the ideal place for a business traveller, especially if you have to stay for a while. The breakfast buffet had everything you could possibly imagine for breakfast. The owner was very personable and asked many times if everything was to our liking. Would highly recommend~

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank WTG321
TownCenter, Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
We want to thank You for your review and we hope that we can continue to give you excellent service, we hope to see you soon.
Mt. View
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Originally, I was booked in another hotel in Mt. View. However, they were having issues with their rooms and transferred me to their sister property in Cupertino. Annoyed by the 45 min drive for an 9 mile drive to my office, I opted to make a reservation at the Holiday Inn where I typically stay. Unfortunately, the reservation I thought I made wasn't there when I arrived and I already canceled my original reservation. Gladys was exceptionally accommodating. Although the hotel was booked, they moved some things around to get me a room for the remainder of my stay. Thanks all!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank D C
TownCenter, Front Office Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
DC,
We want to thank you for your comments and hope that we can continue to give you excellent service.
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Hotel owners personable, kind, went out of there way to provide timely transportation. Rooms were great, contemporary design, affordable cost, good continental breakfast. Owner recommended great locations for dinner abd shopping.Highly recommend..

• Stayed May 2012
Thank You and I hope that we can get another chance to give you excellent service, and if you feel that there is somthing more we can do to improve our service please feel free to contact us at the Hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
#3 of 18 in Mountain View
Hotel Zico
Hotel Zico
#4 of 18 in Mountain View

Been to Hotel Strata? Share your experiences!