I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for 3 nights during a business trip to Mountain View. It is conveniently located at the El Camino Real with close access to all major freeways in the area and Mountain View's downtown area with restaurants and bars. The welcome in the hotel was very pleasant. I was given a welcome bag with water, toiletries, sweets and other goodies which I had never experienced before (maybe that's just because my company has special deals with them, no idea). The room was very big with a big bathroom, a big flatscreen TV with DVD player, Wifi and breakfast were included in my room rate. Wifi worked really well and breakfast was good with a choice of hot items, bagels, cereals, toast, pancakes, fruit, juices and tea or coffee. It was self-service in the lobby and you could just grab stuff and take it to your room. Coffee, cookies, cereals, yoghurts and other stuff was available throughout the day, so I always grabbed a coffee to go or something small to eat once I got back to the hotel from work. The hotel also has a small pool area, but you can hear the street noise, so not really a place I'd go to relax. The hotel's small gym was also quite convenient, but you have to be lucky to go at a time when it is not too busy and the machines are not already taken. The hotel itself is laid out motel like, so all rooms open towards the parking lot area. I got a room on the ground floor which was quite dark, unfortunately, and I had to keep the blinds closed to avoid having passers-by to look into my room. It was also quite warm and stuffy, so I had to keep the A-C running at all times. Otherwise, I can highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express. I'd stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the 100% non-smoking Hotel Strata! Located on Rte 82 junction of Hwy 85 & 237 with easy access to Hwy 101 & 280, near Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Omnicell, VMWare, SAP, El Camino Hospital, Stanford, NASA Ames, Apple, Siemens and many Silicon Valley company, within proximity to more than 35 restaurants and shopping area. Complimentary pre-arranged shuttle weekdays within 6 mile radius. Bring the family & plan to stay with us during your Christmas & New Year holidays.For business or pleasure this Mountain View hotel features five different room types from which to choose, with all the modern conveniences. Rooms have hardwood type flooring, large flat panel TV/230HD channels,2-line Polycom conference speaker phone/voice mail,multiple plugs including International plugs and USB at bedside and at desk coffee/tea, microwave, refrigerator, pants press, and iron/ironing board. Relax in our luxurious beds with triple sheeting, goose down comforters multiple pillows with pillow menu,heated bathroom floor with Rain, handheld and regular shower heads, complimentary high-speed Internet service over sized work desk & ergonomic chair. Join us each morning for a complimentary hot buffet breakfast with more than 50 items including signature coffee & cinnamon rolls. We also offer an on-site 24-hour full fitness center. Our 24 hour professional and courteous staff is always ready to meet and exceed guest expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Strata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Mountain View (Town Center) Hotel Mountain View
- Holiday Inn Mountain View
- Mountain View Holiday Inn