“Service excellence at it's best!”
Review of Hotel Strata

Hotel Strata
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Visalia, California
“Service excellence at it's best!”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed here for two nights. He had a procedure done at a local hospital and I needed a hotel that was close, comfortable and quiet. Upon making the reservation "Gladys" was an angel in helping and assuring me that she would pick a room that would see to our needs. She was extremely helpful and compassionate and did in fact secure us a room that met all of our needs. The room was clean, quiet and the bed very comfortable. In going through this difficult time in our lives, we could not have asked for a better place to stay and the staff were great. The breakfast choices were numerous and although I was under a lot of stress with the upcoming procedure that morning for my husband, the staff made me laugh with one in a "Marilyn Monroe" wig for halloween. She was very attentive and friendly as were all the staff we encountered including the manager. We will definitely stay here again. Thank-you, you truly are service excellence at it's best!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mtngrl58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Los Altos, California
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Clean and large rooms, very friendly staff. breakfast is served quite late (and you can always pick a banana if you slept late). Good Free WiFi.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Wow. The staff at this hotel bailed me out of a tight spot!

Fedex Kinkos put me in a bind, and I needed to get some important printing done. The folks here at Holiday Inn Express happily suggested they could do it. I couldn't believe it, but they took on a print job to bail me out of a jam. And they did it in such a friendly and helpful way that I was impressed enough to decide right then and there that this would be my go to hotel for Mountain View. Not only that, they are a great credit to the Holiday Inn Express brand.

Now, for the rest of the experience. Free breakfast, including meat and eggs, as well as a good selection of muffins, pancakes, cereals, etc and a good selection of juices, milk and coffee. Good, staple breakfast.

Room was comfortable and clean. Shower has great pressure and felt very nice. Check-in was flawless and fast. Internet was easy to connect to (both wired and wireless) and reasonable fast.

For a business traveler like myself, I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

-- Steve

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Steven B
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2011

With all of the great reviews on here, I was expecting more. In the end, this is just an average Holiday Inn Express. I was quite surprised to find it is a motel and not a hotel. These things wouldn't be that incriminating if it weren't for the price I had to pay. It was about triple what I would want to pay and more than some of the other options I considered.

• Stayed August 2011
TownCenter, Owner at Hotel Strata, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about your stay. We understand that the rates in the area are much higher due to rising costs and you may have expected a different layout for the hotel since our room doors do open outdoor, like a motel. However we are located in a safe area and we do keep our rates higher due to our service and quality of our furnishings and amenities that we offer. We hope that we may have the opportunity to serve you in the future with a different experience.
Rates in this area for comparable hotels are very near to ours as well.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Loved this clean hotel in a great location. We missed out first of 2 night's stay because of a missed plane connection and they were very understanding. Our room was ready for us when we dragged ourselves in the following morning after a sleepless night in an airport layover. The room was nice without trying to be too fancy. The mattresses and pillows were not just comfortable - they were heavenly.
The included breakfast the next morning was fabulous - and the hostess was charming and efficient. I really enjoyed chatting with her. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Leigh S
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was amazed when I walked in , the lobby is beautiful..Breakfast was awsome I love the Gravy & biscquits, The breakfast lady Linda was funny and the office girl was also very funny, while we were at the Hotel they made up a song and they danced it seemed like a bed and breakfast they were so nice. the G.M. was always attentive and we needed a ride to near by Company the driver was sweet come to find out he's the owner's son!
everyone was on point down to the hosekeepers the room was clean everything smelled fresh, previously we had stayed in a Hotel in San Francisco and it was a disaster,we are glad we found this geat cozy but FINE hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nassaugirl06
Los Angeles
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express Mountain View for two nights while visiting family and friends in the area. The room was spacious for the money (we payed $139/night for an executive room) and quiet. The bed was large and comfortable. Unlike some value hotels/motels, the towels here were thick and absorbant. Free wifi, too! Because we belong to the Holiday Inn Express frequent users "club", we were greeted with a welcome bag containing slippers, hand lotion, and a few other items--a nice and unexpected touch. The Holiday Inn takes no smoking rooms seriously and asks guests staying in a non-smoking room to sign a document pledging that they won't smoke or they will be charged a $350 fee--this is fine by me. Having stayed at much more expensive and swankier hotels that promised no smoking rooms that had clearly been smoked in, I welcome this notice and warning. Our room was definitely smoke free--thank goodness!!! The staff was very helpful and extremely friendly. Breakfast, which is included in the price, was very good with healthful alternatives--fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juice--along with pancakes (made fresh to order from a very clever pancake maker--give it a try--it's fun to watch and simply amazing), sausages and a variety of sweet rolls. The coffee was fresh, hot, and very good. My only concern was the air conditioner in our room which was a bit noisy when it kicked in. Other than that one small "complaint", I highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express in Mountain View. (One more thing, if you plan to visit the Winchester "Mystery" House, ask the front desk for discount tickets. We found the House tour overpriced even with a discount, full of inaccuracies, robotic tour guides that perpetuated myths about Sarah Winchester and the Winchester family. Save your money and go to the Tech Museum or the Quilt and Textile Museum in San Jose.)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
#4 of 18 in Mountain View
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Hotel Strata? Share your experiences!