“Correct, but not authentic”

Morocco's Restaurant Mountain View
Ranked #95 of 333 Restaurants in Mountain View
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Ambience is interesting, service rather good, belly dancer entertaining, however I was disappointed with both the lamb tagine and the imperial couscous (chicken). Lamb (shank) was ok, but not cooked long enough, and the spices in the dish just did not work. Chicken was rather dry, no sauce served the couscous. Total bill for 2 was 70$. It did not do it for me, i wouldn't recommend.

1  Thank Ahubert44

Reviewed December 12, 2012

OK, we didn't actually GET the belly dancer, but she sure made the combined birthday celebrations of my 11-year-old grandson and me special. We had just about completed our Sunday night dinner (more about that in a minute) when the entertainment (the belly dancer) began. She was vivacious, beautiful and had her choreography matched perfectly to the music. She pulled on or two out from the crowd to try to dance with her and, upon learning of our birthdays, heades straigt for my grandson, who tried to disappear into the woodwork. Then she came after me. Boldly, I made a fool of myself to the glee of all family members present.
As for the meal itself, you can either choose dishes ala carte or family style (all you can eat of selected dishes for about $30 per person). We chose ala carte and sharing what we ordered among us. All of our dishes were tasty, well prepared and attractively served.
We liked the hanging tentlike drapes from the ceiling, but after watching the Restaurant Impossible and similar shows on TV, were left wondering about all the dust that must build up above our heads. Putting such thoughts aside, however, we thoroughly enjoyed our celebration.
The menu isn't that voluminous, so rather than go through the dishes, I suggest checking the restaurant website.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had lunch at Morocco's today with colleagues. There were about 10 of us and it was everyone's first time at a Moroccan restaurant. Their family style special lunch menu made it easy for all of us since we would not have known what to order. For $20 per person, we got 2 salads, 2 entrees, 2 sides and a dessert. We were also served some yummy appetizers which our organizer must have pre-ordered because they just came without us ordering. Loved the mint tea although some of my colleagues thought it was too sweet.

The decor was vibrant, colorful and made our pictures come alive! I wish I could share them but I can't without the permission of my colleagues. The food was wonderful! I typically take pictures of food when I dine out but they were disappearing too fast off the plates!

To me, the stand out dishes were all the appetizers: Briwatts with chicken, the roasted peppers and the shrimp pil-pil; and the main entrees, the chicken kebobs, the vegetarian tagine. Come to think of it, everything was outstanding!

Service was wonderful! Our server was very friendly, attentive and informative. Another gentleman came out (probably the manager), asked all of us how everything was and thanked us for coming.

What an enjoyable lunch! I will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Fantastic service, good food! We went to Morocco's on Friday for dinner before our play at MVPA. We liked the decor - looked like the inside of a tent! We told the host that we had to leave at 7:45 and he said he would make sure that everything came out on time. He also helped us select dishes since we could not make up our mind - so many things sounded delicious! And there were many good vegetarian options! Always a plus in my books! They gave us all a free sampling of their Sangria. One of us had already decided on the Sangria so he said he did not need a sample, but the waiter insisted on giving him a free sample anyway which was a good gesture. The Sangria was good, although different from typical Sangrias because of the whole spices in it; it was a very good flavor and not as sweet as Sangrias can sometimes get. The host also gave samples of two different white wines to the person in our group who could not decide between two white wines. The food was also all good - roasted peppers, shrimp pil-pil, vegetable tagine, chicken kebabs, kefta kebabs, the accompanying rice and bread. I thought that there was too much turmeric or some other spice in my tagine that would have been better if it had been less, but I still liked the tagine overall. The whole evening was just a wonderful experience. There was supposed to be live music that evening from 7:00 onwards but when we left at 7:45 it had not yet started. But that is usually the way with musicians so we were not really expecting to hear live music before we left for our show. Hopefully next time we go we'll get to listen to the live music that Morocco's seems to have many evenings.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went here on a Friday night and it was a fantastic experience.

The restaurant is very energetic and looks similar to a lot of Moroccan places that has a lot of colorful drapes over the lights. Our servers were all incredibly nice and attentive and enthusiastic. The noise level was lively but not so much that we couldn't easily talk. It was tough to pick few enough dishes that we weren't overwhelmed as there were great options. We cleaned the plate with everything we ordered. There was also a belly dancer that came out around 7:30 and started making the rounds.

I would definitely come back here. Oh and it was really easy to make a reservation online.