All reviews etch a sketch rubik's cube tootsie rolls handwritten note hand written silicon valley pool and hot tub breakfast room housekeeping staff free breakfast boutique hotel el camino fresh fruit business trip business traveler oatmeal home away from home
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Front desk staff were warm and friendly without being overbearing.

Breakfast area was well-stocked (even with oriental cuisine options) and well-maintained by another friendly staff group.

Rooms were tidy and modern with nice toiletries available. Not wildly fancy but quite a bit more character than a boring motel I'd expect to see for this price. And a friendly note and candy from the housekeeper, to boot!

Grocery store and ATM across the street are also convenient.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post this very nice review. It looks like our friendly staff strikes again (with candy too)! I will make sure to share this review with them. I'm glad to see you really enjoyed your stay and thank you again.

Take care,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hotel Avante was very comfortable and clean and had all the amenities i love in a hotel. But it was the staff that made it so extraordinary...very professional and caring. I loved the HAND-WRITTEN note from the motel maid when she left a chocolate on my bedside table. And they were always following up to make sure there wasn't something else they could do to make my stay more comfortable and they were sincere in that. Hot breakfast in the morning was great, and the wine and cheese reception in the evenings were a pleasant suprise. We were on a Living Social deal so i was "over the moon" with this hotel--best value i have ever experienced in a hotel!!!! Pool was still heated and the hot tub was wonderful! Loved all the puzzles and etch-a-sketch in the room! Nice products in the bathroom. I would like better lighting over the bed for reading and i like hand held shower heads, but that would be the only improvements i can think of. I was there for a stanford reunion and it was a bit of a drive, but not that bad.

Room tip: Ice machine is on the first floor. Bathroom fan was noisy in 302. Not sure if they are all that noisy...pretty much like any hotel room.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank rottenreba
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Your comments are wonderful and I couldn't be more pleased that you had such a fabulous experience. The team understands the need for personal attention for our guest, hence the handwritten note. Thank you for noticing it and everything else you mentioned. I will share this review with the entire hotel team as it looks like we exceeded your expectation everywhere.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very nice, quirky little hotel. Great place to stay if visiting Mountain View- palo Alto area. Beds are very comfortable. The service very friendly and helpful. Decor is quirky due to the bunch of old/classic toys in the rooms and lobby. Good parking, good small pool. 2 problems: 1) one room was smelly due to poor carpet cleaning. 2) No roll-away or extra beds for kids.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback it is very helpful to us. I wanted to share with you that we will be doing a refresh to the entire hotel at the end of this year, beginning of next. This means we will be removing all the carpet and adding new. I'm sorry about the roll-away bed situation. It is true that it is against the fire code law to allow a roll-away bed in our king bedded rooms. We can add them to the suites or we do have rooms with two beds, but they do tend to sell out early on the weekends. I'm glad you like our uniqueness and that the staff took great care of you.

All the best to you,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

i stayed at the Avante on a recent business trip because most of the hotels closer to the office were booked. This place, while trying to be a boutique hotel, needs to put a little more effort into updating the rooms. The lobby area is very pleasant and the staff super friendly and helpful. However, the rooms are disappointing given how much I paid to stay at this hotel. Flourescent lighting, awful stucco walls and a tiny bathroom did not help make the experience any better. Nor did a small, misplaced wooden wardrobe, slightly musty odor and windows that did not open. I had to run the A/C just to get some air in the room even though it was 50 degrees outside. In addition, my room overlooked the pool area and there was a large and rowdy group outside. The noise from the A/C helped to drown out the sound somewhat so I was able to sleep.

If you have to stay here, the highlights are the fresh coffee in the am and the helpful staff. Rooms left a lot to be desired. Many better places in the area.

Room tip: Choose a higher room not overlooking pool area.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback and I am happy to see you enjoyed the service. I am also happy to report we are in the process of updating our rooms. We will have a model room finished by the end of November and once it is approved we will move forward. Our goal is to have all new carpet, paint, lighting, chairs and other items being installed starting in December. So going forward, still same great service and now upgraded hotel!

Thank you and I hope your come and see the refreshed hotel once completed.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

It is a small hotel but I had a very satisfying experience:
1. There are Rubic cubes in your room! And better Rubic cubes if you spent a bit extra to get the executive edition.

2. Lots of interesting puzzles in your drawer. Even an YoYo ball

3. Free parking.

4. Located on El Camino Real. Walking distance to food places and Lucky.

5. Hotel staff are happy - and they do their best to make you happy.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you so much for the tremendous review. We are so glad we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed our concept. We love being geeky in the SV with our puzzles!

Thank you again and see you soon.