“vacation”

Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed September 4, 2013

this is a wonderful property breakfast room a little small but it works..these rooms are nice and clean and they all are very friendly there and willing to help..gravy for the potatoes would have been nice but not a big deal..House keeping is sweet I had a note and some candy bars everyday..I will stay again this place is super nice and clean..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

I'm really glad you liked the little notes and candy the team does for our guests. They try really hard to make everyone feel welcomed. Thanks for the idea regarding the gravy. I will look into it and see if it something we can do.

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just spent five nights with another couple. Had a room overlooking pool on back side. Tremendous. Cannot remember staying in a hotel where you heard literally nothing. Staff terrific. Rooms are not large but everything works and feels really good. Bed, AC, lights, water, wi-fi. Breakfast and pool really nice. Real funky decor and atmosphere. I cannot remember ever staying in a hotel and not managing to find one thing I did not like, so this was a first. Thank-you and hope to see you again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Hello Greg,

Wow that is a terrific review! Thank you for thanking us! It so nice to hear that we really exceeded your expectations. If you stay again, have breakfast by the pool, it is really relaxing and quiet.

Thank you again for sharing your experience,

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The front desk staff was friendly, had great personalities, and were willing to provide that extra touch. I was in town for business and I was able to get a ride to my meetings nearby, as well as getting suggestions for dinner (Sushi across El Camino) and treats to bring home (See's Candy).

The fitness room was small, and dimly lit, but "got the job done". My room was clean, but there was a small corner from a candy wrapper from the previous guest beside the bedside table. No biggie. I didn't get a chance to swim or hot tub, but the pool area was nice and quiet for finding a patch of sunshine to read in.

The wine tasting and complimentary chair massage (on Tuesdays) was a nice and unexpected treat at the end of the work day. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and positive review. I'm happy you enjoyed and had time to take advantage of the massage and wine hour. I will follow up with my team regarding the candy wrapper as that is not our normal cleaning standards. I'm sorry that it was missed by the housekeeping team. Another great place to get treats in the area is CJ Olsons, it has fresh and dried local cherries and fruits.

We look forward to your next visit and will make sure the room is perfect as that is what you deserve!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Nice service, clean and large rooms. Air conditioning works great!!! I don't have a US habit to live in cold, so the first thing I did coming home: turn off the conditioner. That was a surprise that they do not have single rooms, but it was a hotel reserved for the participants of a conference, so you don't have the great choice. Anyway, big room is not a problem. After the students residence in France where I live, this hotel room seemed to be for 6-7 people

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for the really nice comments and 5 stars. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I always turn off the AC too! I like the fresh air from the windows.

Take care,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Avante for two nights.

The hotel room was quite dim and slightly damp. Otherwise, it was just fine. Everything seemed clean. There's a quite charming 70s / 80s feel. My room came with a rubik's cube, etch-a-sketch, and a few other cute period toys.

Highlight of the location is probably one of the best complementary breakfasts ever complete with congee and kim chi! Great selection of tea, as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amy L
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Hello Amy L.

I'm sorry the room was damp when you arrived, that is not a good thing. I will follow up with the team to see if the carpet was cleaned that day as sometimes it will make the room humid. I will also see if we need to add more lighting to the room as that is a good point.

I'm glad you found the hotel to be clean and I agree we do have a very nice breakfast.

Thank you for staying with us and we will keep on improving.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family stayed here for 3 nights in July and we were very satisfied with our stay. It offered everything we look for in a hotel for a short stay -- centrally located, clean, safe, comfortable with impeccable customer service at the front desk. The pool was great, the free wifi very fast and the complimentary breakfast was good with a wide selection. If you do not have a car, there are restaurants and shops nearby, including an In N Out Burger :) Parking is free and freeway access is nearby and very convenient.

As others have noted, the breakfast room was small and cramped but we found a table for each of our 3 breakfasts.

I would definitely stay here again when I'm in the Silicon Valley. Oh yes, the "toys" in the room were great especially since one of us is a competitive cuber.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of the hotel facing the pool. It was quiet. If your room faces the front of...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SeattleTravelDude
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

We have a lot of cuber competitions in our hotel and it's always fun to watch! Thank you for the wonderful comments and really happy you and enjoyed your stay. There is also a Habit Burger place just down the road that gives In and Out a run for its money. Thank you again and we hope you return soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family enjoyed our stay at Hotel Avante. This was our first time at a boutique hotel. This mid-century themed, 4 level hotel was fantastic. We had a blast in the pool and hot tub, was surprised by the "desk toys", and meet up with friends in the Hi-Fi Lounge on the third floor. All staff were helpful, friendly and accommodating. Breakfast had plenty of options. Walking in the room, I was prepared to call for an extra pillow, but there was no need. There were 7 pillows on the bed! Full and fluffy! No plastic ice bucket here-which came with a wine bottle opener. I love a hotel with a fridge, especially when traveling as a family.

Prepare for an experience at Hotel Avante.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank karenhibl
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you very much for the excellent comments and we are so happy you enjoyed your visit. I think our pool is the best kept secret in the valley. During the week it is hardly used by our business guest so it makes it great for families. Thank you again and we will see you next time!

Best,

Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View

Been to Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!