WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Utah Mountains
“Unique and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family enjoyed our stay at Hotel Avante. This was our first time at a boutique hotel. This mid-century themed, 4 level hotel was fantastic. We had a blast in the pool and hot tub, was surprised by the "desk toys", and meet up with friends in the Hi-Fi Lounge on the third floor. All staff were helpful, friendly and accommodating. Breakfast had plenty of options. Walking in the room, I was prepared to call for an extra pillow, but there was no need. There were 7 pillows on the bed! Full and fluffy! No plastic ice bucket here-which came with a wine bottle opener. I love a hotel with a fridge, especially when traveling as a family.

Prepare for an experience at Hotel Avante.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank karenhibl
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you very much for the excellent comments and we are so happy you enjoyed your visit. I think our pool is the best kept secret in the valley. During the week it is hardly used by our business guest so it makes it great for families. Thank you again and we will see you next time!

Best,

Robin Donovan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Kona, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel and the room were clean and the TV was good, but we felt the room and bathroom were just a bit small. Perhaps the room we had was just noisier than the rest due to its corner location. Because the room had a strange fragrance each time we entered it, we opened the windows, so perhaps we heard the sprinklers in the middle of the night and the dumpster more than others. Perhaps we just wound up with the old, lumpy pillows. I will say the staff was very nice and very accommodating, always welcoming. Breakfast was a nice feature and had a good selection, and with the heat that weekend, it was nice to have iced cucumber or cantaloupe water in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 2505Virginia
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Please let me offer my apologies regarding the noise and the pillows. I will follow up with the housekeeping team as we pride ourselves on keeping everything as new as possible. I'm pleased you found the hotel and the room clean and the staff pleasant. I wished everything else was more to your liking, sorry again. Hopefully we can go from good to great the next time you return!

Take care,

Robin Donovan,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I bought my coupon on living social. It is really great deal after we spent our night. The direction is very exquisite! I do love the room and little design of card. Great service! You will never regret if you live here!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Yvonne Y
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I want to thank you for the great comments and it is our pleasure to provide great service. You can usually get great deals on the weekends directly through the hotel.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

There is nothing more fantastic than to receive above expectation service when one has put in long hours while on the road. Hotel Avante is well-furnished (read: good taste), conveniently located, offers great food as well as a fabulous happy hour that extends waaaay into the night if you miss it. Emanuel, the front desk manager, is a delightful human being who will go out of his way to please his patrons. I travel all the time for a living and I will say that the service I received at the Hotel Avante is unprecedented. It has a human touch and a "go the extra mile" attitude that has not gone unnoticed. I will never stay anywhere else while in the Mountain View/Sunnyvale area. Great job and thank you for your extraordinary hospitality!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Valerie B
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We like to think we are gem's too! Thank you for the wonderful feed back and we agree, Emanuel is fantastic! We look forward to you next visit.

Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting this quaint hotel when I attended a concert at the Shoreline Amphitheater. The outside is unassuming but it definitely got better from there! The lobby & the room were neat, clean and had a quirky charm. The hotel was extremely close to the venue as well as to the airport (I had to put less than $10 to fill the tank of my rental car before turning it in). The buffet style breakfast was great as they had a lot of options. The staff were extremely helpful as well as very polite. The only thing I didn't particularly like was having to park on the back side of the hotel as I was alone and returned to the hotel late at night. Other than that, it was a great experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for the good feedback and I understand your concern. I wanted to let you know that we have a security guard on during concert nights and if you call the hotel before or when you arrive they would be happy to walk you to and from your car. Our staff, who are there 24 hours a day are also happy to walk you to and from your car. The hotel is in a really safe area and well lit but we are always there to assist. I hope you enjoyed the concert, Shoreline is a great venue.

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This hotel is older but has been nicely redone. Fixtures, bedding, furniture are all very nice. I had a nice stay and would stay again.

Some suggestions: You are in Silicon Valley, put in a bigger desk for working remotely. And update your carpet, it looks a little old and craggy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike K
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2016
Thank you for the suggestions and your review, glad to see you would stay again.

See you soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

On the Outside this hotel looks like a small apartment building. But upon entering the feel was like a spa, with soft lightning, and background music. and comforting decor. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious, immaculately clean. and the modern designs was very refreshing. I especially like the little touches in and on the desk and around the rooms the surprise candy bar at night. Breakfast room was small however the choices were great .Great value, good location.

Room Tip: I chose the upper floor. for less noise. excellent choice.