“Very run down and dirty hotel”

Ramada Mountain View
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Washoe Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I made reservations on-line for a place to sleep near the concert venue, Shoreline Amphitheatre, so we could recover before the 4 hour trip home the next day. From past experience, I clicked on Ramada (having tried a couple of other names... and saw $500.00 for the night at one of them!!! not happening!), and got a very reasonable price. When I googled it, I found it was on the route to and from the Concert venue and snapped it up. Easy to find, clean, nicely landscaped, parking spaces big enough for the pick-up truck, and free Wi-Fi, to which it was a snap to connect. Bed was very comfortable so we got a great night's sleep. The free breakfast had the usual, but also included sausage and scrambled eggs! We plan to go to another concert, soon, and will use this motel, again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
mountain9087, Manager at Ramada Mountain View, responded to this review, February 9, 2016
Dear Charlayne,

Thank you very much for your review about your stay in our hotel. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and we are glad to see that we are doing our part in providing customers a great experience with our hotel service. Rest assured, your comments will be taken into consideration to encourage our staff to continue to provide excellent service to our future customers. We hope to see you again!

Warm Regards,
Maria Abelardo
Rochester, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Room was dated and not terribly clean. Lighting was pretty bad. Don't count on jacuzzi working. On my first night it was Luke warm so I called the front desk. They said it had "just been repaired, and would be warm in 45 minutes". It was not. On my second night it was similarly Luke warm. Again I called front desk. I was told it would be warm in 1/2 hour. It was not. On my third night, same thing..luke warm, called front desk AGAIN but this time I told them I was getting angry about the situation. I was told they were busy, but when they could get to it, they would turn the heat on, in 45 minutes or so. Eventually 2 women came out to turn on the heat. They were were VERY angry that I had complained about the cold jacuzzi and told me that there was a paper next to each bed explaining that guests needed to call the front desk if they wanted to use the jacuzzi,so it was my fault after all. I did not see any such paper, and I searched my room, and there was no such paper. A half hour after they "turned on the heat" it was still Luke warm. So, on my 4th night.....well, I did not bother, I knew it would be Luke warm and that I would be told it would be warm soon, but that it would not be. There was a jet tub in my bathroom which did not look too apealing, but I decided to clean the tub and give it a try. I bet you can guess....it did not work. Also, when I left at 6:40 this morning, there was nobody at the front desk to give the several waiting guests their receipts. As hard as it is to find reasonable hotel rates in the Sunnyvale/Santa Clara/ Mountain View area, I won't be staying at this place ever again. Oh, and to add to the ambiance...on my way back from the lukewarm jacuzzi to my seedy dark room on my second night, another hotel guest was LOUDLY screaming violent obscenities at his female companion. I was concerned that he was going to hurt her, so I called the front desk after I locked myself in my room.

Stayed July 2014

Travelers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The rooms and beds were very comfortable. Bathroom was too small, if you sat down before closing the door you couldn't close said door. When we went for breakfast one morning at 7 am there was nothing but under cooked sausages and cereal. Some one had a small dog off leash and jumped me as I was going to office. Other than these few concerns the stay was ok.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Maintenence had performed their duties but neglected to plug the lamps and the refrigerator into the outlets.Temperatures were 90-95 degrees all week and I had to wait for the refrigerator to cool.
Breakfast could be improved greatly by offering more varity of fruit, offering organic yogurt, and offer fresh oatmeal instead of packaged.
Workout room was not able to be accessable from the room key card.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

mountain9087, Assistant Manager at Ramada Mountain View, responded to this review, February 9, 2016
Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the trouble to review your stay at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was not up to par with expectations and I greatly appreciate the comments regarding the refrigerator, unplugged lamps, and the lack of variety in our breakfast menu. I assure you, we will do a better job to ensure that all the electrical utilities in each room are plugged in and ready to go by the time our guests check in. In addition, we will take into consideration to provide more variety to our breakfast menus. We hope to see you again in the future.

Regards,
Matt Gutierrez
Assistant Manager
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Expensive neighborhood, hotel perfectly adequate for a budget motel. It seems unbelievable that the overhead could be so high as to justify the rates charged. That said, the rates weren't too different from others nearby of the same quality, and the motel was quite adequate. No problems, clean, quiet, nice neighborhood. Only other complaint was that the 2 beds were very hard, and not very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business