“Close to Highway, Ok for a quick stop, Glad it wasn't longer”

Ramada Mountain View
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Baltimore, Maryland
“Close to Highway, Ok for a quick stop, Glad it wasn't longer”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Our favorite part about this hotel was the complimentary breakfast. We appreciated that it included both hot and cold items and also liked that it went a little later than hotel breakfasts tend to last. However, we were disappointed greatly with our room. It smelled as though the carpet had gotten wet at some point and never dried. Also, due to its location in the back the wifi didn't work. We did book our room through Hotwire and I understand that if we're paying less we don't deserve the best one on the property, however, it was frustrating to get a sub-par room. We did appreciate the microwave and mini fridge, even though we didn't have a need for them on our quick stop over.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jlsatud

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I have stayed here twice now while attending shows at the Shoreline Ampitheater and will stay here for the next show in October. It is very clean and comfortable with a great location. The staff is very nice and will assist you with any issues (we needed a cab and directions to a nearby locale). While it is not a resort, I have no complaints with anything.

The rooms are clean and quiet, with the usual coffee maker and mini fridge. Beds were clean and comfortable with nice bedding and lots of pillows. Shower is roomy and bath products (forgot mine!) were good quality.

The breakfast is of the pastry\juice type, but worth the trip to the breakfast room. The pool area was nice and they were doing a remodel for a larger fitness room when we were there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jlhpisces
Lisle, Illinois
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The rooms are clean and the noise from nearby highway 101 was not a problem at least in the room in the back of the property (away from 101) where I stayed.
The breakfast room is very small and offers only 6 seats.
On the website the hotel advertised "our modern Fitness Center equipped with cardio and weight training machines". In reality there is one elliptical trainer, one treadmill and one stationary bike and nothing else.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 17, 2010

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. I have never written a hotel review before. But I feel that I must warn others about this hotel. I wanted to be close to NASA Ames, as I was in town for a meeting there. My room was old, damp, musty, and dirty. Not filthy, but I questioned touching anything that wasn't a top-level exposed surface. A layer of dust came off the shower floor the first time I ran water in the bathtub. I had no hot water for most showers. I did not sleep well because the water tank in the toilet kept trying to fill and would make loud water gurgling noises all night. The message light on my phone was blinking, but when I pressed the button to dial in to check messages, it connected me to a strange man in a different room who was downright creepy. And I had an equally creepy person bother me at breakfast one morning. The only saving ponit was the breakfast, which was decent (how can you go wrong with waffles?). All in all, it was a horrible hotel experience. I would have moved to a new hotel after the first night, but there was some event in town that had all of the hotels completely booked full. I told my contacts at NASA to take this hotel off their list of suggestions for visitors. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
BizTraveller12345, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Mountain View, responded to this review, December 19, 2010
Dear SLWW,
Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. At the Ramada Limited, we strive to meet or exceed our guests' expectations for comfort while staying with us. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by maintenance being performed on our hot water heaters. We take housekeeping matters seriously, and will work to ensure every guest finds a clean and comfortable room when they stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel and thank you again for your feedback.
-Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

Washington, DC
Reviewed November 29, 2010

The Ramada Limited in Mtn View, CA was a great place to stay for my weekend in the Bay Area. It was close to my clients along 101 and I had easy access to Shoreline Amphitheatre and other Bay Area attractions. The rooms were clean and the hotel staff was very helpful in finding things to do. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank LeeB12
Dear LeeB12,
Thanks for the feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again at the Ramada Limited in the near future.

-Guest Relations Manager
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I got a great deal on a one night stay and the hotel actually exceeded my expectations. Friendly, helpful counter staff. Easy access to the 101 and a short drive to the restaurants and shopping on Castro Street. I was worried about noise from the freeway but my room was dead quiet. The rooms are not outstanding but were clean and everything functioned. I would stay there again next business trip to Mountain View.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank oc629
Left Coast
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I, two of my co-workers and two clients stayed here for a business trip to Google. Location-wise, it made sense. Security-wise ... not so much. I make it a practice to always test hotel doors when I depart to ensure they're properly locked. Mine was not. Nor was my co-workers. I succeeded in finally getting the latch to engage after 15 minutes of effort. My co-worker did not. He ultimately had to request a different room. No apologies offered. Upon check-out, no mention of the incident nor an offer of reduced rate for the smaller bed or inconvenience.

To make matters worse (and despite confirmation of my Wyndham Rewards #) the stay has not posted to my rewards account. My inquiries via web site form indicated that the stay would be posted and that the manager of the location would contact me regarding my concerns. Today, 12 business days later, neither has happened.

I called the phone number provided for Ramada Customer Service and was routed to their vacation/cruise booking department. No one there could access my reservation detail nor had the ability to actually provide stay-related customer service.

I called Wyndham Rewards and was told that my request for credit of the stay to my Rewards account had been deleted due to inaction by the location (sounds like a pattern). The customer service rep was able to process the credit, but I need to wait 24 to 48 hours to confirm.

I was given a different phone number for Ramada Customer service ([--]) and was told that they could not intervene or assist until 7 business days had passed and I had not heard from the property manager. It's been 12 days, but who's counting? I am.

So, if/when no attempt to inquire about my concerns is received, I'm instructed to contact Ramada Customer Service again.

Bottom line, I'm Don Quixote chasing a windmill in hopes of getting the property and parent company to acknowledge less-than-safe conditions that place them and their guests in some potential danger. We'll see if anyone really cares ... or if they adopt the current trend of blaming someone else.

Step up Ramada, have this conversation.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business