“Zero sleep- very loud, dirty, disapointing”
Review of Hotel Vue

Hotel Vue
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
San Francisco
“Zero sleep- very loud, dirty, disapointing”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I thought I had found an awesome find in Hotel Vue! I was definitely wrong.

The positives: spacious room and I found parking... can't think of anything else.

I arrive, exhausted, I say hello to someone at the counter, she rolls her eyes at a guy next to her on his phone. "Dude, you want to get this?" Interesting greeting. The room was large, but did not utilize the space well. In fact, an entire maybe 8x5 feet were completely unused. No couch... just space. I was surprised to see the air conditioning was one of those wall units. I turned it on and set to get ready for bed. The sink is part of the bedroom, outside of the bathroom. Surprisingly, no towels were at the sink, only in the bathroom. Also the sink was quite tall and deep, not good for people of a more petite quality.

I look at my phone to see that it's dead, forgetting my charger, I set to call the front desk for a wakeup call. Whoops, landline isn't working. Completely dead. And I can't check the wiring because it's so far tucked under the bed it's unreachable. Eventually I get into bed and notice the air conditioning still isn't on - it didn't turn on until at least 45 minutes after I turned it on. What's more, I definitely didn't feel it. I'm still not sure if it actually worked, all I know is that it was VERY LOUD. I woke up multiple times in the night to a thunderous noise only to realize it was the air conditioning unit. Also, the walls are very thin. I heard a multitude of things you could expect from a hotel, of which are NSFW. Woke up again around 2am as a large party decided to stand outside my door and chat.

Aside from this, the actual top of the comforter was dirty. I can only think that someone put their shoes or suitcase on it. By dirty, I mean actual dirt was on the bed. I would have called it in, but... you know the story. I got up around 6am, having around 4 hours of sleep if I'm lucky, only to find poor water pressure in the shower. Grossest part? The water didn't go down the drain swiftly... it must have been stuffed up with -- I don't want to think about it.

When checking out, the front desk asked about my stay, when I told him, he told me "well, there was a big group that came in around 2am". Okay... what do you want me to do with that? You like blaming guests instead of owning up to your hotel's problems? Great call.

Needless to say, I will not stay here again or recommend it to anyone else.

1 Thank Roxyc100
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to apologize for your disappointing stay at our hotel. The experience you describe is certainly not indicative of the high quality accommodations that we intend to offer our valued guests. I would appreciate the opportunity to express my regrets to you personally, if you would contact me at your convenience.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here for 2 days at the beginning of an 11 day vacation,and 1 more day at the end. Nothing to complain about. Clean and relatively new rooms, comfortable bed, sufficient breakfast, friendly service, reasonable rates. Will definitely stay again in Mountain View at the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We believe that our hotel is an excellent value, with our tasty breakfast, afternoon cookies, speedy wi-fi and clean, comfortable rooms. Your very complimentary review confirms our confidence in our accommodations and service.

We appreciate your business, thank you for choosing us for your visit to the Silicon Valley.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. The room was really comfortable with the big bed.
I found that many staffs there were so nice and friendly. Especially Anish did well for me. I will stay at this hotel next time.
Thank you!

Room Tip: Sometimes the house keeping was not good.
Dear Guest,

A customer who stays for two weeks in our hotel is the best possible critic, so we appreciate your five star review of our hotel. Thank you for your compliments for our team, especially Anish. I will pass on the nice things that you had to say about their excellent service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

UK
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Quite small but very comfortable. The whole property was obviously well looked after and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were well finished. It was great to see so many electrical outlets in easy to access places. A definite plus.

All the rooms have heavy doors which don't seem to be able to be closed quietly. I was on the ground floor with the van hire place outside the window and guests who were going in and out of their room from about 5am.
I would suggest that anyone who stays here should avoid rooms on the ground floor.
The breakfast room by the front door is quite small so gets full quite quickly.

I would stay here again though.

Room Tip: Upstairs away from the van hire place next door.
Dear Guest,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much that you would like to stay with us again. We appreciate your noticing the extra amenities, like all the electrical outlets in the guest rooms that make our hotel such a comfortable place to stay.

Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Excellent hotel for the price they charged, good location, friendly staff. They helped me rescheduling the flight, specially Mr.Avi was of great help. i was there to attend el camino hospital and it was very convenient quick at short distance.

Room Tip: I had front room and didn't find it noisy however the rooms facing back are much quiter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Tom,

We believe that we offer a great value to our guests; clean, comfortable rooms, a tasty breakfast, excellent wi-fi, a fitness center, afternoon cookies all at a great price. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your visit to El Camino Hospital.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for business trip for a few days. Very pleased with the arrival experience,clean rooms and a great healthy choice of breakfast. Avi the general manager was very professional n friendly. He was making sure all guest was settled well while he was talking to guests during breakfast.enjoyed this hotel as it was very convenient for my travel. Will definately be back.

• Stayed June 2014
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Good combination of location, quality, and price. Good breakfast -- better than some other places in the area that are more expensive. Rooms are small but clean -- good coffee maker (a requirement for me), good TV, comfortable bed, desk with plenty outlets, AC works great. Staff is friendly and helpful. Great home base for visiting mountain view/silicon valley.

Dear Guest,

What a nice, detailed review of our hotel. We believe that all the small amenities, like a really good coffee maker add up to a more comfortable stay for our guests. Thank you for noticing!

We appreciate your business and look forward to being of service in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Hotel Vue? Share your experiences!