“Super helpful hotel”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Dublin, Ireland
“Super helpful hotel”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Vue and the accommodations were modern, comfy clean and quiet (stayed at the back of hotel away from the street). Breakfast was lovely with lots of selection and the hot items changed slightly daily.

I found the Manager, Avi, to be very helpful - I had a package delivered to the hotel and unfortunately it came several days late, after I had left back to Ireland. Avi was very accommodating and emailed me as promised when the package finally arrived. He also helped me arrange for a friend to come pick up the parcel on my behalf.

I'd definitely recommend staying in this hotel and I'll be staying again when I inevitably return to Mountain View.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the street at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Jeni,

Thank you very much for taking time to write this glowing review for our hotel! You compliments about the hotel being comfy, clean and quiet are so nice to hear. Our comprehensive breakfast is a big hit with many of our guests and we are improving it constantly! Thank you for the nice words regarding Avi- I will certainly make sure he is recognized for his efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Mountain View!

dhruv@hotelvue.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
San Jose, California
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I recently made a last minute decision to take up a hotel for a conference in MTV. I got a great deal via Priceline.com but to a hotel that I was not familiar with. Upon arriving at the hotel, I was relieved to find that the property was recently renovated. The room was clean and had all the amenities even for a longer stay, such as a microwave and a mini-fridge. The bathroom configuration was little different from what I am used to. The hand basin was outside in the hallway of the room. The complementary breakfast was good and the manager was happy to announce that steel-cut oatmeal as part of the menu. Overall, I was very happy with my stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Donovan M
Dear Donovan,

Thank you very much for your five star review of our hotel. We have gone through some major renovations recently and continue to improve the property on a daily basis. I will be sure to pass along your compliments about the cleanliness of the facility to our housekeeping team, they will be thrilled! We have recently expanded our breakfast offerings to include many new healthy and lean selections, looks like you were able to take advantage of one of them!

Thank you for your business!

Anytown
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The service was friendly and the hotel was average. My room was small but it was in the back an quiet.

The below average part is related to the bathroom and shower in my room. It was old and not well kept up - cracks in the tile+grout and didn't feel clean. I'd expect a little more for this price room. It got worse when I went to leave the room in the morning and the door would not latch! So, that was a nice parting thought that I had slept all night in an unsecured room. I'm still looking for a reasonable hotel in this area...

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank a_wilbury_traveling
Dear Guest,

First and foremost let me apologize for the below average experience you had here at the Hotel Vue. This is clearly not indicative of the class of accommodations we strive to provide. Since your stay in December we have made many improvements to both the product and the quality of service here at the hotel. We hope that you will give us another chance to prove our true colors on your next visit to the Silicon Valley, we look forward to "WOWing" you!

Thank you again for your feedback, it is very valuable to us.

Newark, Delaware, United States
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Hotel Vue during an overnight business trip. It's a modernly remodeled hotel with clean rooms & bathrooms. Free internet. Continental breakfast. Very friend staff.

Just need to add a happy hour & it's a perfect spot for a quick trip.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Christine,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hotel Vue for your recent business trip. We appreciated your compliments about the modern remodel and cleanliness of the rooms and bathrooms. Our high speed Wifi and full hot breakfast are big hits with many of our guests! We will certainly take your feedback about a happy hour into consideration.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a good boutique hotel, maybe 50 rooms total. I had an upper floor, side corner. Large, comfortable bed, lap desk for working late at night from the bed, fast enough Internet, good TV quality, great simple breakfast (hot) with good coffee, cookies at the front desk whenever you come back to the lobby, sufficient workout room, and free parking. I can't complain (and I often do), and will certainly return here for my next business trip to Palo Alto.

The In-and-Out Burger is across the street, and a Walgreens across the corner. Easy access from the highway. Felt safe walking around.

The building is not brand new, so if bland generic sterile chain hotels are your thing, you should look elsewhere. If you don't mind some "character" (e.g., a low shower head), then you should give this one a try.

Oh, and the front desk staff are super friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Be old-fashioned and call the hotel for the "Manager's Special" - you can get a lower...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent five star review of our hotel, your feedback is very important to us. You pointed out a majority of our amenities that make our hotel so great including our large comfy double pillow top beds, breakfast, fitness room, fast Wifi, and most notably all the friendly faces at the front desk! We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Palo Alto.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2014

how delightful, from the moment i walked through the door ….. the service was exceptional.
santies welcome and kindness was noted at once… then filling a request was done without hesitation… Avi and his staff were wonderful. I spent 7 days there and came to feel as if i were going home,,, thats how wonderful the staff is is at hotel vu.
there was a self service breakfast offered every morning offering anything you might imagine and a pleasant room with p lenity of outlets at night.
again a marvelous experience i would gladly go there again.

Room Tip: my room faced the front and was extremely quiet
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Carol,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. Your five star review and compliments about our team are so nice to hear- rest assured Avi and Santi will be recognized for there efforts! Thank you for pointing out how expansive our breakfast offerings are, we recently added an organic steal cut oatmeal bar, greek yogurt and fresh cut fruit to an already abundant selection! We look forward to welcoming you back and being your home away from home on your next visit to the Mountain View area.

San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The team at Hotel Vue went above and beyond to help me surprise my boyfriend with an in room gift to celebrate a job interview! The manager actually called me from the store to make sure the gift was perfect! They have the most awesome customer service!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Emily,

Thank you very much for taking time to write such a glowing review! Going above and beyond for each and every guest is something we take great pleasure in doing. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Silicon Valley.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Hotel Vue? Share your experiences!