“MOST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Vue

Hotel Vue
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Rancho Santa Fe, California, United States
“MOST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was visiting an old college friend for labor day weekend and he told me that this hotel was recently renovated and so I should try it out. What a great hotel and value! Perfectly situated off the fwy so very accessible. The hotel is very tastefully decorated and has modern furnishings and feel. The staff is very attentive to their guests needs making sure every aspect of your trip is handled. So often in these smaller hotels they don't hire customer oriented employees and you feel like just another guest. I liked the fact that the hotel provided free breakfast and WiFi. Breakfast was great and convenient for me since I was not familiar with the area.

One thing that I particularly liked was that just like anyone else I reviewed the hotel before staying their and I saw on other review sites that they had take the time to comment on other reviews. To me, this showed that being a new business they took concern in making their business better. All in all a great stay and a great price/value. I will definitely be coming here again the next time I visit Mountain View.

Room Tip: KING rooms are great plenty of space and nice size for the price.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear DJ,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed our central location and easy accessibility to highways 101, 237 and 85. I am glad to hear your found the decor tasteful and the staff attentive, I will be sure to pass along your message and make sure they are recognized for their efforts.

We take all guests comments very seriously and are working hard every day to improve the guest experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

dhruv@hotelvue.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The property has been recently updated. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. The rooms are very quiet as well. I don't hear other guests or the traffic from El Camino. There is a good selection of food in the morning with the complimentary breakfast. Wifi is also included in your stay. I've stayed at this property on three different occasions and it's been wonderful each time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your complimentary review of our hotel, I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us! I will pass along your comments about the cleanliness of our rooms to our housekeeping team, they will be thrilled to hear your feedback! Our double pillow top mattresses are a big hit with many of our guests, I am glad you enjoyed them too.

Thank you very much for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kalispell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed while visiting in Palo Alto. Hotel staff was very pleasant, continually asking if I had any questions. They had a room available and let me check in at 11:00 a.m. The room was next to the elevator and facing El Camino. I never, ever heard the elevator running and the traffic noise was subdued and did not intrude. The bed was comfortable, medium soft, the bathroom immaculate and nice products provided. Lots of tv channels, many movie channels, and good wifi service. The small fridge had good temperature control and kept my leftovers nice and cold. Air conditioning worked well, was reasonably quiet and cycled on and off, so not a continual noise. The windows had heavyweight sheers plus dark drapes and the shears were sufficient so I could leave the other drape open so the air blew into the room and not up into the drape. Grout and baseboard in bathroom very clean. I like the separate sink and mirror so I can do my hair without steam after a shower. Thick towels.
Plugs for charging cell phone, etc. on the night stand were very convenient. Table and chair for working, but because I wasn't, I would have appreciated one easy chair.
Nothing unusual or spectacular about the breakfast. The breakfast eggs were seasoned and the sausage of a better quality than some places. The staff kept a close eye on the breakfast offerings and re-filled them promptly. The seating is limited and you are forced into proximity and table sharing with other guests, but it was easy to carry my breakfast upstairs to my room. I prefer privacy early in the morning, so I was perfectly happy with this. The location has lots of restaurants and other retail services around, so you can find whatever you might need easily. Driving, you have the option of El Camino (up to Palo Alto for me) or out Castro to Alma. I was driving at 8:45 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. and El Camino wasn't too bad. The location was good for picking up dinner to go on the way back to the hotel. With Palo Alto having choices of nice and more expensive or old and noisy, this is an excellent option. I visit an elderly parent in Palo Alto every other month so this is a non-business (and deductible) expense and Hotel Vue is worth the money. The only way I could pay less for a matching room would be to go farther south. The pictures are true to what you get. They are not rooms for lounging in, but the room did not feel cramped at all. There was plenty of space to move and feel relaxed.
I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I paid for a superior king so I had a fridge, microwave and bar sink. This fridge was colder and mo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Nancy,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive review of our hotel! I will be sure to pass along your compliments about the friendliness of our staff and cleanliness of the facility to the team and make sure they are recognized! We have a lot of guest's comment on the comfort of our double pillow top mattresses and the convenience of the numerous accessible outlets located all over the guest room. Our bathroom products are spa inspired and we boast nearly 60 HD channels that can be viewed on 37 inch LED TV's, both of which are big hits with our guests. As you mentioned we are centrally located to Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, Cupertino and Palo Alto. A short five minute drive down El Camino helps you avoid highway traffic right into Palo Alto.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area!

Mountain View, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our company office recently relocated to the area, and we'd been looking for a nearby hotel to accommodate our out-of-town employee visitors. This is definitely the ticket. It's not overly "fancy", but it's clean, newly remodeled, reasonably priced, conveniently located near major freeways and within walking distance to top-rated downtown Mountain View dining, and offers complimentary wifi and breakfast (both well-appreciated by the business traveler!). Most importantly, the hotel management and their staff are extremely customer service-oriented and responsive, and have gone way out of their way to be welcoming and supportive. The hotel is relatively small (57 rooms), so this type of personal attention makes a huge impact. We had a group of 10+ employees stay there last month, and everyone was very pleased with their experience (special rave reviews for the top-of-the-line mattresses, in-room Keurig coffee makers, complimentary wifi and intelligent in-room desk/outlet setups). We'll definitely continue to stay at the Hotel Vue going forward!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Kristin,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of our hotel. We strive to provide clean, comfortable and service oriented accommodations all at a reasonable price. Many guests enjoy our personalized service and top of the line amenities including our Keurig coffee makers, fast complimentary wifi and abundance of accessible outlets. Our location close to top rated downtown Mountain View restaurants is also a big hit with our guests. We look forward to working with your company moving forward and for many years to come!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is an updated version of a motel which was very reasonably priced for the location and easy access to the Palo Alto area. The hotel and rooms all seem recently updated which made them comfortable and clean.
The included breakfast was basic fare but appreciated. In room Keurig coffee machines were a wonderful addition as well as the on site laundry facility
An in-room safe was missing and was a little inconvenient since we had to lug some valuable around. Room is a good size with a comfortable bed with small closet space but good work space and set of drawers. There is a small fridge and kitchen sink which were helpful for quick snacks.
Bathroom was clean and updated with the wash basin on the outside.
If you get a good deal on it, definitely go for it.

Room Tip: We booked a superior king which for the slight difference in price was very good...room was overlook...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Yasmine,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate and value your feedback! Our hotel is centrally located just minutes from Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and Cupertino which makes it a great hub for business as well as leisure travel. We have recently added a daily selection off eggs, meat, and starch to expand our offerings along with many other choices. Guests frequently rave about the quality of our mattresses, each one is brand new and features a double pillow top. I will take your note about in room safe's back to ownership for consideration, I hope we will be able to provide them to our guests soon! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Rancho Cucamonga, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I couldn't fathom paying their rack rates...it felt like a Red Roof Inn quickly refurbished to resemble a modern hotel...the a/c was annoying, the sink separated from the bath and the uncomfortable pillows didn't make for a great stay. Breakfast is served in a cramped room. Nice staff, helpful but I'm dubious on this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TonyPSP
Dear Tony,

Thank you very much for taking time out to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to par. We take guest feedback very seriously and will take your suggestions to improve the product and services moving forward. The hotel has gone through a major transformation and is getting better every day. Please give us an opportunity to prove our true colors on your next visit to the Mountain View area. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Aalborg, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel is nothing special but things were going through a rebuild while I was there (so it might get better). The staff was really nice and helpful but the breakfast was below average. Rooms were modern and nice.

• Stayed June 2013
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Kim,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are working hard every day to improve the guest experience here at the Hotel Vue. Since your visit in June we have completed a full renovation of the lobby and breakfast lounge, added a state of the art fitness center and business center and placed the finishing touches on the guest room amenities. With the renovation of the breakfast and lounge now area now complete we have drastically expanded our selections and we now offer many premium products including Peet's Coffee and Tea! Thank you for your compliments about our staff, I will make sure I pass those along and they are recognized for their efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back to see our new and improved hotel soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Hotel Vue? Share your experiences!