“Comfortable, quiet, clean, good location”
Review of Hotel Vue

Hotel Vue
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed while visiting in Palo Alto. Hotel staff was very pleasant, continually asking if I had any questions. They had a room available and let me check in at 11:00 a.m. The room was next to the elevator and facing El Camino. I never, ever heard the elevator running and the traffic noise was subdued and did not intrude. The bed was comfortable, medium soft, the bathroom immaculate and nice products provided. Lots of tv channels, many movie channels, and good wifi service. The small fridge had good temperature control and kept my leftovers nice and cold. Air conditioning worked well, was reasonably quiet and cycled on and off, so not a continual noise. The windows had heavyweight sheers plus dark drapes and the shears were sufficient so I could leave the other drape open so the air blew into the room and not up into the drape. Grout and baseboard in bathroom very clean. I like the separate sink and mirror so I can do my hair without steam after a shower. Thick towels.
Plugs for charging cell phone, etc. on the night stand were very convenient. Table and chair for working, but because I wasn't, I would have appreciated one easy chair.
Nothing unusual or spectacular about the breakfast. The breakfast eggs were seasoned and the sausage of a better quality than some places. The staff kept a close eye on the breakfast offerings and re-filled them promptly. The seating is limited and you are forced into proximity and table sharing with other guests, but it was easy to carry my breakfast upstairs to my room. I prefer privacy early in the morning, so I was perfectly happy with this. The location has lots of restaurants and other retail services around, so you can find whatever you might need easily. Driving, you have the option of El Camino (up to Palo Alto for me) or out Castro to Alma. I was driving at 8:45 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. and El Camino wasn't too bad. The location was good for picking up dinner to go on the way back to the hotel. With Palo Alto having choices of nice and more expensive or old and noisy, this is an excellent option. I visit an elderly parent in Palo Alto every other month so this is a non-business (and deductible) expense and Hotel Vue is worth the money. The only way I could pay less for a matching room would be to go farther south. The pictures are true to what you get. They are not rooms for lounging in, but the room did not feel cramped at all. There was plenty of space to move and feel relaxed.
I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I paid for a superior king so I had a fridge, microwave and bar sink. This fridge was colder and mo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Nancy,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive review of our hotel! I will be sure to pass along your compliments about the friendliness of our staff and cleanliness of the facility to the team and make sure they are recognized! We have a lot of guest's comment on the comfort of our double pillow top mattresses and the convenience of the numerous accessible outlets located all over the guest room. Our bathroom products are spa inspired and we boast nearly 60 HD channels that can be viewed on 37 inch LED TV's, both of which are big hits with our guests. As you mentioned we are centrally located to Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, Cupertino and Palo Alto. A short five minute drive down El Camino helps you avoid highway traffic right into Palo Alto.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our company office recently relocated to the area, and we'd been looking for a nearby hotel to accommodate our out-of-town employee visitors. This is definitely the ticket. It's not overly "fancy", but it's clean, newly remodeled, reasonably priced, conveniently located near major freeways and within walking distance to top-rated downtown Mountain View dining, and offers complimentary wifi and breakfast (both well-appreciated by the business traveler!). Most importantly, the hotel management and their staff are extremely customer service-oriented and responsive, and have gone way out of their way to be welcoming and supportive. The hotel is relatively small (57 rooms), so this type of personal attention makes a huge impact. We had a group of 10+ employees stay there last month, and everyone was very pleased with their experience (special rave reviews for the top-of-the-line mattresses, in-room Keurig coffee makers, complimentary wifi and intelligent in-room desk/outlet setups). We'll definitely continue to stay at the Hotel Vue going forward!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Kristin,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of our hotel. We strive to provide clean, comfortable and service oriented accommodations all at a reasonable price. Many guests enjoy our personalized service and top of the line amenities including our Keurig coffee makers, fast complimentary wifi and abundance of accessible outlets. Our location close to top rated downtown Mountain View restaurants is also a big hit with our guests. We look forward to working with your company moving forward and for many years to come!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is an updated version of a motel which was very reasonably priced for the location and easy access to the Palo Alto area. The hotel and rooms all seem recently updated which made them comfortable and clean.
The included breakfast was basic fare but appreciated. In room Keurig coffee machines were a wonderful addition as well as the on site laundry facility
An in-room safe was missing and was a little inconvenient since we had to lug some valuable around. Room is a good size with a comfortable bed with small closet space but good work space and set of drawers. There is a small fridge and kitchen sink which were helpful for quick snacks.
Bathroom was clean and updated with the wash basin on the outside.
If you get a good deal on it, definitely go for it.

Room Tip: We booked a superior king which for the slight difference in price was very good...room was overlook...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Yasmine,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate and value your feedback! Our hotel is centrally located just minutes from Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and Cupertino which makes it a great hub for business as well as leisure travel. We have recently added a daily selection off eggs, meat, and starch to expand our offerings along with many other choices. Guests frequently rave about the quality of our mattresses, each one is brand new and features a double pillow top. I will take your note about in room safe's back to ownership for consideration, I hope we will be able to provide them to our guests soon! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I couldn't fathom paying their rack rates...it felt like a Red Roof Inn quickly refurbished to resemble a modern hotel...the a/c was annoying, the sink separated from the bath and the uncomfortable pillows didn't make for a great stay. Breakfast is served in a cramped room. Nice staff, helpful but I'm dubious on this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TonyPSP

Dear Tony,

Thank you very much for taking time out to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to par. We take guest feedback very seriously and will take your suggestions to improve the product and services moving forward. The hotel has gone through a major transformation and is getting better every day. Please give us an opportunity to prove our true colors on your next visit to the Mountain View area. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel is nothing special but things were going through a rebuild while I was there (so it might get better). The staff was really nice and helpful but the breakfast was below average. Rooms were modern and nice.

• Stayed: June 2013
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Kim,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are working hard every day to improve the guest experience here at the Hotel Vue. Since your visit in June we have completed a full renovation of the lobby and breakfast lounge, added a state of the art fitness center and business center and placed the finishing touches on the guest room amenities. With the renovation of the breakfast and lounge now area now complete we have drastically expanded our selections and we now offer many premium products including Peet's Coffee and Tea! Thank you for your compliments about our staff, I will make sure I pass those along and they are recognized for their efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back to see our new and improved hotel soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Vue and I was very pleased. Room was good size, a very comfortable queen bed. I have had six spinal surgeries and had no problem with the comfort of the bed. My room was very quiet. The breakfast the next morning was good! Hot food, scrambled eggs and sausage, oatmeal, cold cereal, pastries, yogurts etc. Employees were very helpful. I would go back again. Only complaint was the shower. Better quality hand held system would fix the problem.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Stephen,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel, I am pleased you had an enjoyable experience here at the Hotel Vue. Guests often comment about the comfort of our beds, we have some of the highest quality double pillow top mattresses in all of our rooms. Our breakfast is another big hit with our guests, thank you for your comments about our shower heads. We are currently in the process of changing all of our showerheads which should significantly enhance the guest experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was there to work at the NASA facility, which was a great location for me.

I arrived, and the front desk employee was very friendly. She informed me there was some renovations going on, which I didnt mind.. Theyre renovating their breakfast area and fitness room.. I didnt eat the breakfast since the temporary area was pretty much a small room with limited tables (I rarely eat the hotel breakfasts anyways)

I worked all day, so I cant comment on noise, but during the evenings and nights, I didnt hear any renovation related noises.

The room was fine. It seemed they had already renovated the guest rooms so that was a plus, it was small, but clean. Bed was great. The bathroom could have used a facelift, as it seemed the only part of the room that hadnt been renovated.. the tub fixture wasnt the most glamorous I had ever used, but the hot water worked fine, and the toilet was fine.
Parking was free, and even after returning late in the evening, there were still spots available behind the hotel in the lot, though it was a weeknight, I could see parking filling up on a busy weekend.

Location is good, quite a bit around the hotel in terms of fast food, and if you have a car, plenty of GREAT restaurants a short drive away on Castro.

I took the CalTrain into San Francisco during my visit to catch a Giants game. Short drive from the hotel, and a convenient way to get to SF or San Jose.

If it fits your budget, I would recommend this place.. though there is no gym, or restaurant on the property. It says its a 'boutique' hotel, but dont let that fool you into thinking its fancy. Its not. But its clean and does the trick. I would stay there again if I was in the area.

Seems like it has the potential to be quite nice once all of the renovations are complete.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge if thats something you'll need.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tyler B
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Tyler,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel, we are glad you found the beds comfortable and the facility clean. As you noted our room renovation has been completed and we are also excited to announce the the breakfast room and fitness center are now complete and ready for guest use! All of our King and Two Queen Deluxe and Superior Rooms have newly renovated bathrooms and we are working on completing a "facelift" on the remaining single queen rooms. We are working hard every day to put the finishing touches on the facility and provide the true boutique look and feel we know we can achieve. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! There are new upgrades taking place every day to enhance the guest experience!