“No Place Better to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Vue

Hotel Vue
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Los Angeles, California
“No Place Better to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

First off, I'm usually not one to write reviews about places. I do a lot of work in the Valley and I'm always looking out for a quality place to stay. I've come to the point where I know if it's going to be a quality hotel/experience the moment I walk in, and with Hotel Vue that was indeed the case. Between the accommodations, service and location this place has it all. My search is over, I will be staying here from now on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DanTheTechGuy
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to give us some feedback, we greatly appreciate it! Your compliments will be passed along to our staff, they really enjoy hearing great feedback like this. We look forward to seeing you in the near future and appreciate your business!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went here with my mom a few weeks ago to tour the Stanford campus. She is what most people like to call "high maintenance." No matter how amazing the hotel, she always wants extra towels, soap, and coffee. Thank goodness for the kind people working at this hotel. It was no problem to get my mom the extra things she wanted. They even brought a couple of extra towels knowing we would be there for two days. The hotel was close to campus. We plan to come back to Hotel Vue again, next time we come to campus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebecca S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel, our staff works hard to go the extra mile and accommodate each and every guest request when possible. We are located very close to Stanford University, a short drive straight down the El Camino. We look forward to having you back on your next visit to campus!

Brawley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when I booked this place but I was very impressed. I was in Mountain View for almost a week while on work at Stanford. Not going to Mountain View a lot, I chose this hotel based on it's location and what I had seen online. I was very pleased. The hotel appears to have undergone a major facelift and the rooms are very nice (think Hampton Inn and suites). The beds were amongst the most comfortable hotel beds that I have stayed in. The room had all new amenities and was very clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. They recommended a very good Indian restaurant, Amber Indian (trip advisor review to come!), on El Camino. It was delicious! In and Out burger is also a stones throw away. All-in-all the hotel was great! The nice rooms and great location make this an excellent place to stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to provide us with feedback, we are thrilled you found our hotel to be a pleasant surprise. We have recently changed all of our mattresses to brand new double pillow tops with premium linens and bedding to ensure the utmost in guest comfort. Our housekeeping team works very hard to ensure the property is spotless, I will pass along your compliments to them they will be thrilled! We have recently undergone a major room renovation with our common area renovation finishing at the end of June. We are very excited about our new look and can’t wait to have you here again!

London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

In Silicon Vally on business from London. Stayed at the Vue for five nights in late April 2013. Newly re-named and newly refurbished, the Vue is a great place from which to make an easy commute to any of the Valley towns. It is situated where highways 85, 101, and 237 meet. You can be in San Francisco in an hour or less, in the mountains within a few minutes and down on the coast with the surfer dudes within 45 minutes. What's more it is a pleasant 15 minute walk from the hotel to downtown Mountain View with its bars, restaurants, coffee bars, book stores and (remarkable this for small town USA), a proper regular rail link and train service to San Francisco from a charming little railroad station. All this and generally beautiful weather almost the whole year round.

The hotel is just three stories in height, the public areas are pleasantly- and well-furnished, as are the private rooms. The place is clean - indeed it is genuinely spick and span - and has lots of free parking. The staff are friendly and very obliging. A free breakfast (cereals, scambled eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, French toast, croissants, pain au chocolat, yogurt, orange and apple juice etc., and (again and remarkably for most US small hotels - and far too many of the big ones too) with excellent coffee that actually tastes as if it is made from coffee beans rather than Boston baked beans, comes with the (eminently reasonable) price of the room.

The rooms are big and very well-appointed and come with free fast wireless broadband Internet access My bed was wonderfully comfortable, the bathroom amenities are fine and the environs are up-market and very safe indeed.

My only cavil is that the Vue sits right alongside the roar of the hugely busy El Camino Real - the road that never sleeps. It can have that effect on you too. Massive great Mack trucks revving through the intersection at half three in the morning are not conducive to a good nights sleep, unless, of course, you usually live in Manhattan. So I urge you to ask for a room at the back if you want to get more than four hours decent kip.

That said, there is nothing else not to like at the new Vue. It is a veritable gem and stands head and shoulders above the many established hotel chains that charge very high prices for very average standards of accommodation and services in many other Valley locations. These smug establishments have grown all too used to a captive, expenses account clientele and it is high time they had some serious competition - and that is what the Vue provides.

The best of luck to the new Vue. I'll be back in September.

PS.Mountain View isn't a big place but its ambience and facilities knock the likes of San Jose (a dull place with an over-inflated sense of self-importance and a "nightlife" that is all too often shuttered by nine thirty at night), into the proverbial cocked hat.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OldSalopian
Dear Old Salopian,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive review of our hotel, we truly appreciate the time you took to give such detailed and well thought out feedback. As you mentioned our hotel benefits from a wonderful location. We are centrally located to almost every major Silicon Valley company and walking distance to downtown Mountain View. Thank you for your compliments about the cleanliness of our facility, I will make sure to pass that along to our cleaning staff they will be thrilled to hear your praise! I am glad you got to enjoy our full hot buffet breakfast, it is a big hit with many of our guests. As you mentioned we have gone through a major facelift and are very proud of our new look, all guest room and hotel amenities were crafted with guest convenience and comfort in mind. Our brand new double top pillow mattresses and high speed fiber optic internet connection have also been well received by many. We look forward to seeing you again in September, please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your stay with us.

dhruv@hotelvue.com
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel Vue when I attended a three day conference in Mountain View. I must say, I was very impressed with the hotel. They had just completed a major remodel, and everything looked pristine. The lobby entrance was very welcoming, the rooms and hallways were finished with a modern decor and the beds were very comfortable. When I arrived at the hotel, it was quite early relative to their normal check-in time, but the gentleman at the front desk was more than accommodating and provided me my room right away (that earns points in my book as I hate to heard the word no). Lastly, the location of the hotel is perfect. It sits right by the intersection of highways 101, 237, and 85 making it a quick drive to anywhere in the valley. Castro street is also walking distance away, which gave me a great choice of food and drinks in the evenings after the conference. Overall, I think Hotel Vue provides a great value and I would definitely stay there again the next time I'm in the Silicon Valley.

Dear Ariya P,

Thank you very much for your complimentary review of our hotel. As you mentioned out hotel has undergone a major remodel and we are very proud of our new look! We benefit from a great location central to all major highways that connect the Silicon Valley while offering walking proximity to Castro St / Downtown Mountain View. I will pass along your compliments to our desk staff, they really appreciate hearing guest feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the valley. See you soon!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I often work in Silicon Valley and instead of commuting to and from San Francisco, I like to stay close to where I am working. A coworker told me about Hotel Vue and how it was recently renovated and suggested I give it a try. It was a great experience. The renovation was fantastic. The rooms are fresh and clean, with a modern, Silicon Valley vibe to them. The location is perfect, with easy access to my work site in Mountain View. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and suggested an excellent restaurant that I will be going to on any return visit. Overall, a much better place to stay than some of the brand name hotels in the area. I'll definitely stay there again on any return trip to the area.

Dear Joshua M,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear you found our renovation was fantastic and had a great experience. We strive to provide the utmost in comfort in modern amenities so your positive feedback was great to hear! I will pass along your compliments to the staff, we look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Nevada City, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Everyone that has been to a concert at Shoreline knows it can be hard to find comfortable lodging at an affordable price in Mountain View. Lucky for us, we saw this hotel had been fully renovated and decided to give it a shot.

The staff was incredibly friendly, the sheets were clean, and the pillows were the perfect support. Upon leaving the following day, we encountered the same front desk attendant and they engaged us in conversation asking about our concert experience and making sure we had a nice time!

Very pleasant stay and will definitely return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Kelly C,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you had a incredible stay with us when enjoying a concert at shoreline. The property is indeed in excellent condition after our renovation and we are excited about providing excellent lodging for guests moving forward. Our hotel is located less then ten minutes from Shoreline and is the perfect place to rest after any of the great events held there throughout the year. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View

Been to Hotel Vue? Share your experiences!