“Hotel Vue, Mountain View, CA: Refurbished, renewed, re-invigorated. By Old Salopian”
Review of Hotel Vue

Hotel Vue
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
London, UK
Reviewed April 28, 2013

In Silicon Vally on business from London. Stayed at the Vue for five nights in late April 2013. Newly re-named and newly refurbished, the Vue is a great place from which to make an easy commute to any of the Valley towns. It is situated where highways 85, 101, and 237 meet. You can be in San Francisco in an hour or less, in the mountains within a few minutes and down on the coast with the surfer dudes within 45 minutes. What's more it is a pleasant 15 minute walk from the hotel to downtown Mountain View with its bars, restaurants, coffee bars, book stores and (remarkable this for small town USA), a proper regular rail link and train service to San Francisco from a charming little railroad station. All this and generally beautiful weather almost the whole year round.

The hotel is just three stories in height, the public areas are pleasantly- and well-furnished, as are the private rooms. The place is clean - indeed it is genuinely spick and span - and has lots of free parking. The staff are friendly and very obliging. A free breakfast (cereals, scambled eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, French toast, croissants, pain au chocolat, yogurt, orange and apple juice etc., and (again and remarkably for most US small hotels - and far too many of the big ones too) with excellent coffee that actually tastes as if it is made from coffee beans rather than Boston baked beans, comes with the (eminently reasonable) price of the room.

The rooms are big and very well-appointed and come with free fast wireless broadband Internet access My bed was wonderfully comfortable, the bathroom amenities are fine and the environs are up-market and very safe indeed.

My only cavil is that the Vue sits right alongside the roar of the hugely busy El Camino Real - the road that never sleeps. It can have that effect on you too. Massive great Mack trucks revving through the intersection at half three in the morning are not conducive to a good nights sleep, unless, of course, you usually live in Manhattan. So I urge you to ask for a room at the back if you want to get more than four hours decent kip.

That said, there is nothing else not to like at the new Vue. It is a veritable gem and stands head and shoulders above the many established hotel chains that charge very high prices for very average standards of accommodation and services in many other Valley locations. These smug establishments have grown all too used to a captive, expenses account clientele and it is high time they had some serious competition - and that is what the Vue provides.

The best of luck to the new Vue. I'll be back in September.

PS.Mountain View isn't a big place but its ambience and facilities knock the likes of San Jose (a dull place with an over-inflated sense of self-importance and a "nightlife" that is all too often shuttered by nine thirty at night), into the proverbial cocked hat.

1 Thank OldSalopian
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Old Salopian,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive review of our hotel, we truly appreciate the time you took to give such detailed and well thought out feedback. As you mentioned our hotel benefits from a wonderful location. We are centrally located to almost every major Silicon Valley company and walking distance to downtown Mountain View. Thank you for your compliments about the cleanliness of our facility, I will make sure to pass that along to our cleaning staff they will be thrilled to hear your praise! I am glad you got to enjoy our full hot buffet breakfast, it is a big hit with many of our guests. As you mentioned we have gone through a major facelift and are very proud of our new look, all guest room and hotel amenities were crafted with guest convenience and comfort in mind. Our brand new double top pillow mattresses and high speed fiber optic internet connection have also been well received by many. We look forward to seeing you again in September, please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your stay with us.

dhruv@hotelvue.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel Vue when I attended a three day conference in Mountain View. I must say, I was very impressed with the hotel. They had just completed a major remodel, and everything looked pristine. The lobby entrance was very welcoming, the rooms and hallways were finished with a modern decor and the beds were very comfortable. When I arrived at the hotel, it was quite early relative to their normal check-in time, but the gentleman at the front desk was more than accommodating and provided me my room right away (that earns points in my book as I hate to heard the word no). Lastly, the location of the hotel is perfect. It sits right by the intersection of highways 101, 237, and 85 making it a quick drive to anywhere in the valley. Castro street is also walking distance away, which gave me a great choice of food and drinks in the evenings after the conference. Overall, I think Hotel Vue provides a great value and I would definitely stay there again the next time I'm in the Silicon Valley.

Dear Ariya P,

Thank you very much for your complimentary review of our hotel. As you mentioned out hotel has undergone a major remodel and we are very proud of our new look! We benefit from a great location central to all major highways that connect the Silicon Valley while offering walking proximity to Castro St / Downtown Mountain View. I will pass along your compliments to our desk staff, they really appreciate hearing guest feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the valley. See you soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I often work in Silicon Valley and instead of commuting to and from San Francisco, I like to stay close to where I am working. A coworker told me about Hotel Vue and how it was recently renovated and suggested I give it a try. It was a great experience. The renovation was fantastic. The rooms are fresh and clean, with a modern, Silicon Valley vibe to them. The location is perfect, with easy access to my work site in Mountain View. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and suggested an excellent restaurant that I will be going to on any return visit. Overall, a much better place to stay than some of the brand name hotels in the area. I'll definitely stay there again on any return trip to the area.

Dear Joshua M,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear you found our renovation was fantastic and had a great experience. We strive to provide the utmost in comfort in modern amenities so your positive feedback was great to hear! I will pass along your compliments to the staff, we look forward to seeing you back in the near future.

Nevada City, California, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Everyone that has been to a concert at Shoreline knows it can be hard to find comfortable lodging at an affordable price in Mountain View. Lucky for us, we saw this hotel had been fully renovated and decided to give it a shot.

The staff was incredibly friendly, the sheets were clean, and the pillows were the perfect support. Upon leaving the following day, we encountered the same front desk attendant and they engaged us in conversation asking about our concert experience and making sure we had a nice time!

Very pleasant stay and will definitely return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Kelly C,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you had a incredible stay with us when enjoying a concert at shoreline. The property is indeed in excellent condition after our renovation and we are excited about providing excellent lodging for guests moving forward. Our hotel is located less then ten minutes from Shoreline and is the perfect place to rest after any of the great events held there throughout the year. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel Vue was a nice escape from the flagged hotels in the area. I travel a lot for work, so it is nice to mix it up a bit and stay in a quality boutique hotel when available. I must say, Hotel Vue did not disappoint. The new ownership (or management?) seems much more on top of running the day to day operations, my room was clean and service was prompt and friendly. The hotel is close to a slew of good restaurants and downtown Mountain View. Best of all, it is across the street from In N Out! Can't beat a double double after a long day at the office.

Beds were firm and very comfortable and the room was very nicely appointed. I will definitely stay here whenever I travel through the Silicon Valley area.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate your feedback! We try to stand apart from traditional franchise hotels by providing a unique experience coupled with modern amenities all under a small roof. This allows us to pay attention to individual guest needs and request and tailor fit the experience around them. The new ownership and management is very excited about the changes and we are continually striving to improve our product and services. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel has been recently renovated and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the room was so clean. A major upgrade since my last stay. The staff was friendly and also very helpful. I had to go to a meeting early and I was running late. The guy at the front desk told me a shortcut that saved me. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank JRB985
Bhotels, at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review about our hotel, we are conveniently located close to Downtown Mountain View with extremely easy access highways 101. 237 and 85. We are working to revamp our entire breakfast experience and have taken your comments very seriously, rest assured the issue has been fixed. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The hotel is completely torn apart. The phone in my room does not work. It's freezing cold. The walls are stripped down to sheetrock. Rooms are standing open, filled with construction debris. I've asked twice for a working phone so I can call a cab or the front desk, and for safety reasons. The smell of dust and fresh pain is almost unbearable. The only good thing I have to say is the bed is comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hope P
Bhotels, General Manager at Hotel Vue, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am deeply apologetic for the less then satisfactory expierince you had due to our renovation process. We have been majorly upgrading the hotel over the past few months and the room renovations are now complete. Our hotel now benefits from an entirely new and upgraded look and we have added many modern amenities and high quality finishings. We encourage you to come back and give us an opportunity to prove to you how wonderful our facility is. Our staff looks forward to providing you the utmost in customer service, please contact me directly so I can assure that your next stay is extremely comfortable.

Dhruv@hotelvue.com
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View

Been to Hotel Vue? Share your experiences!